OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
ATTENTION - Please read the Mod Notes included in this post and thank the post signifying that you have done so before proceeding to post your thoughts on this case.

Ohio Shooting: Latest on Pike County murders

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

PIKE COUNTY, Ohio — No arrests have been made in the shooting investigation of eight execution-style killings of members of the Rhoden family last month in Pike County, Ohio.

[...]

The latest in the investigation in Pike County was that vehicles were towed on Tuesday from the various crime scenes as evidence, confirmed Jill Del Greco, a spokeswoman for the Attorney General.
There’s been no word on how many vehicles were being towed away or where they were taken

Ohio family massacre highlights rural region’s ties to illegal drugs
POSTED 6:00 PM, MAY 1, 2016, BY CNNWIRE

23-pike-county-mass-shooting.w529.h352.jpg

link

The gruesome slayings have rattled this southeast corner of Appalachian Ohio, a region that culturally identifies more closely with neighboring Kentucky and West Virginia than the state’s northern cities.

[...]

Adding to the shock was the discovery of hundreds of illegal marijuana plants on Rhoden’s property, highlighting the region’s dependency on the illegal drug trade as jobs in agriculture and timber have dried up.

Audio 911 Calls

PRESSER: APRIL 27, 2016

Video Interview with Attorney General DeWine Published 8-13-16

MOD NOTE: You may discuss the criminal records of the family members who were murdered. In light of the grow operations they may be very relevant. Please refrain from posting criminal histories of other individuals who have not been named persons of interest or suspects by LE or simply because they have the last name of the victims or may be a distant cousin or aunt. Stick with the victims for now. That may change as more develops on this case.

Minors: You may discuss what is covered in the main stream media regarding the custody of minor children. If posting snips from articles regarding the children please redact their names. These babes are innocents. One day they will google their names or those of their parents. And plenty will come up. Let's be respectful of them and the catastrophic loss they have suffered at such tender ages. Thanks.

DO NOT SLEUTH STILL LIVING FAMILY MEMBERS' FACEBOOK PAGES AND POST ABOUT IT HERE. Just don't mention it. Period.

Leave the politics, both national and local, at the door. There is no room for them here.

Try to keep your speculation broad as LE have given no statements indicating they have POIs or suspects in mind.

Rules Etiquette & Information

CASE NOTES (courtesy of cujenn81) this link contains locations, distance, victim info, relationships and more.

MEDIA LINKS NO DISCUSSION

CASE MAP (courtesy of K.L.Puyallup)
Preliminary Autopsy Reports
Final Autopsy Reports

source article

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5
Thread #6 Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9
Thread #10 Thread #11 Thread #12

Thread #13
Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16

Thread #17
Thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20

Thread #21 Thread #22

Victims
Rhodens-all-2.jpg

link:rose:

From left, top row: Christopher Rhoden Jr., Christopher Rhoden Sr., Dana Rhoden, Clarence “Frankie” Rhoden; bottom row: Hanna Rhoden, Hannah Gilley, Kenneth Rhoden, Gary Rhoden

Please continue here

Hannah and Frankie most likely were already living together when Hanna got pregnant, since she was expecting R. If Hanna and Charlie had an abusive relationship, I don't think she would have sent him a sonogram pic. And we still are not for certain who K belongs to!

Hannah and Frankie most likely were already living together when Hanna got pregnant, since she was expecting R. If Hanna and Charlie had an abusive relationship, I don't think she would have sent him a sonogram pic. And we still are not for certain who K belongs to!

There are so many different possibilities. It's not one of those cases where you have 1 obvious suspect. There are so many victims and different motives. I wonder if when this comes out, it will be someone we suspected like in the Kayla Gomez case or someone we never suspected like in the KB/CDC and Heather M cases.

Fudge buckets!!! I had typed a long post on my view of the day and went to post it and the thread closed in the meantime! Is there any way to get it back or is it cyberspace now?

It probably was eaten by that big black hole where everybody's missing mail goes to!

Who was the last person to see them alive?

Why do the autopsy reports have to all be blacked out? Anywhere to find the toxicology info?

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

The total absence of ANY news on anything about anyone at any time is just IMO messed up and sorry I think it is clear (just speculation) indicator that folks in "power" had much involvement here , in fact everything to do with it!

And it is just such an "easy" logical conclusion -- folks had been paid to look the other way for years about all the illegal shenanigans going on with the entire family system, and something in that "arrangement" was changed.

There have been blockbuster films about corruption within LE - why that remains in doubt bewilders me. The only entity that can "make" a murder of many vanish are those in power imo in two ways- system wise and in keeping an entire tiny community from saying one word about anything.

That is just atypical human behavior. And if ya got folks in power that have indicated a willingness to commit 8 murders, I think I would keep quiet too!

It is the only answer IMO -- relocating murder houses is just ........................................ well I think unheard off - how long are taxpayers gonna continue to pay to guard these things? It would be different if tons of info was coming out

Could not have said it better:

looks like it is time to move to a new thread.

I wish we had no need of a Thread #23 :(

Start moving over and I will be back to close this one shortly.

Everything in this investigation has been so hush-hush, we don't even have any idea if anybody suffered from high blood pressure, or was a type 2 diabetic, or had broken their toe, much less hearing about toxicology reports!! The less they tell us, the more suspicious LE looks, and it seems that not only applies to me, but just about everybody on this thread. I believe that if LE knew for certain that Hannah and Frankie had baked ham and buttered cauliflower for supper Thurs nite, that too would be classified as "sensitive info".
Not much of anything makes much sense, because we haven't been told much of anything! :pullhair::stormingmad:

I think that whoever did it was very very careful, and I think an arrest will only ever be made if the murderer/s become less careful which they show no signs of doing so yet, I think LE are completely stumped about the motive that motivated the murderer/s as their appear to be numerous motives and only the murderer/s know what their motive is.

The murderer/s planned this very well, they were able to get into 4 properties and kill 8 people and get out and be long gone before bodies found, that is not easy, especially when you look at the terrain where Chris Sr and his family lived, there were cars and animals all over that land, and if I had a pot growing operation in my shed I would be hyper vigilant and would be incredibly security conscious and not easy to ambush,

It has to be somebody with good knowledge of the family and who lived where, as their are many other family members in the area who they could have also killed but they settled on only these 8 victims,

I think it may take years to solve,

Good one CARIIS. Thinking same on MB in TX.
The total absence of ANY news on anything about anyone at any time is just IMO messed up and sorry I think it is clear (just speculation) indicator that folks in "power" had much involvement here , in fact everything to do with it!

And it is just such an "easy" logical conclusion -- folks had been paid to look the other way for years about all the illegal shenanigans going on with the entire family system, and something in that "arrangement" was changed.

There have been blockbuster films about corruption within LE - why that remains in doubt bewilders me. The only entity that can "make" a murder of many vanish are those in power imo in two ways- system wise and in keeping an entire tiny community from saying one word about anything.

That is just atypical human behavior. And if ya got folks in power that have indicated a willingness to commit 8 murders, I think I would keep quiet too!

It is the only answer IMO -- relocating murder houses is just ........................................ well I think unheard off - how long are taxpayers gonna continue to pay to guard these things? It would be different if tons of info was coming out

BBM

While it's not my favorite theory, it is one of my theories.

One of the hinky things I have been thinking about today is KR. He has never fit for me, not the why or the how. He was in a locked fifth wheel with a pit bull inside. Yet he was shot in his sleep.

We had an 5.0 earthquake last night and I was upstairs while hubby was downstairs. Our house is usually very quiet as we don't always have a TV on and did not last night. While the upstairs was shaking, downstairs it just sounded like a light gust of wind hitting the side of the house. My dogs were downstairs and even though it was a very slight sound they went crazy barking and running from door to door.

My thought is this, how did someone even if they were quiet, even if they had a key, get into that fifth wheel without the dog waking KR up? It just does not make sense to me. Dogs outside bark, that's true, but the walls somewhat muffle the sound. Dogs inside are usually running to the door jumping and barking. In that small a space KR would have awakened. I just can't get around that.

DS was supposed to stay the night with KS but says he didn't. Kendra R was supposed to stay the night with HR but says she didn't. Meranda G was supposed to stay the night with HG but says she didn't. The only one we know of that was not supposed to have someone stay the night was CR1 and GR. Yet they are the ones who apparently woke up and fought with the killers.

According to BJM the dogs were outside when she arrived and she remarked on that because they were always inside before. That makes it look like someone came up to the outside of the trailer and the dogs heard them. Being dogs they would have barked and ran to the door probably waking both GR and CR1 in the process. I think one of them opened the door to look out and that's when the dogs ran out.

It doesn't strike me that the Rhodens were particularly trusting people. Indeed living out in a rural area away from town I would say they were even more vigilant. That's why they had 15 dogs I would think, so no one could sneak up on their trailers. Being this is the US and these people had no felonies I am assuming they probably had a lot of guns and even though FR and DR may not have had those guns down within reach of kids it is almost certain CR1 and GR and KR did. So how did someone get in the trailers to kill these people in their sleep?

My point is this, what if DS, KR, and MG are lying about staying the night? What if they were there and controlled the dogs, unlocked the door ect? Or that someone else was staying the night in those three trailers? That would make everything fit. It would answer why no one but CR1 and GR woke up.

These murders are truly the most mystifying I have ever seen.

Although you make some good points, I do not believe there was any family involvement in the murders. But, we don't really know ANYTHING, so EVERYTHING cannot be ruled out. I believe this will be solved, but when, is another $64,000.00 question!

Although you make some good points, I do not believe there was any family involvement in the murders. But, we don't really know ANYTHING, so EVERYTHING cannot be ruled out. I believe this will be solved, but when, is another $64,000.00 question!

I would agree with you but LE has repeatedly said that some family members know more than they are telling LE. Sheriff Reader even stated during a family gathering at the Union Hill church just hours after the discoveries of the bodies that "Someone in this church knows why these people were killed". That is pretty clear cut that he suspects family involvement.

My opinion is there has to be family involvement. Most of these people were killed while sleeping in their beds. No way did any stranger get past those dogs and know where the security cameras were. Even if the family just told someone, that someone still had to get past the dogs without waking anyone up. Someone in the family had to be with them. It had to be someone those dogs knew really well, someone who had a key, and even then the dogs would have barked at least until they knew who it was.

Or someone was staying the night in those homes and controlled the dogs and opened the doors to the killers.

The dogs, so many dogs and chickens? Did they have fighting roosters? I wonder if any of the family had been reported for cruelty to animals.

I believe there were a total of 15 dogs, 10 or 11 birds, and they were all checked out by a vet, who saw no signs of abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73