TX TX - Galveston Co, AsianFem 18-38, UP4076, found in remote area, slip/bra/panties, Apr'88

Romulus

Inactive
Reaction score
NamUs UP 4076

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4076

Unidentified Asian Female

Found April 1, 1988 in Galveston County, TX
Body Condition: Not recognizable -
Partial remains with soft tissues
Probable year of death: 1988

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 18-38
Approximate Height: 64 estimate.
Approximate Weight: 125 estimate.
Hair Color:
Brown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks:
Scar on upper left arm
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Wearing full slip and size 36-B "Gigi" bra and size 32 white/cotton brief-style panties.
Jewerly: Nothing.
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: nothing

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint
is available and entered
Dentals: Dental information / charting is currently not available
DNA:
Sample submitted - Tests complete

Case History:
Found in remote area.

As both this Doe and Clampitt have fingerprints available, I would think they would've matched already. What's more, it looks like she hadn't been dead long enough to be Clampitt, who was almost certainly dead by the time she was reported missing in June of 1987.

Valid points, but I still think Clampitt's worth a submit. Estimate could be off or victim may have been kept alive for awhile :( It would be easy to rule out with fingerprints...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Hi everybody,

i just came across the case of Tina Marie Finley.

To me the pictures seem to be a great match:

Finley-2-250x250.jpeg

What do you guys think?

Age is a match, Height and Weight seem to fit as well.

Thumbnail

UP4076
Female, Asian
Found: April 1, 1988

Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Age Range: 18-38
Year of Death: 1988
Estimated PMI--
Height: 5' 4" (Estimated)
Weight: 125 lbs (Estimated)

Location Found Map
General Location

Details of Recovery

Remains: Head not recovered
Condition: Not recognizable - Partial remains with soft tissues

Hair: Brown
Eyes: Unknown
Scar/Mark: Scar on upper left arm
Clothing:
Wearing full slip and size 36-B "Gigi" bra and size 32 white/cotton brief-style panties.

NAMUS
ARTICLE
ARTICLE 2016

1 R/O:

MP17232 Yun Dainiak

**The UID'S DNA was sent to PARABON the image above was generated by them...

Cheri Arakul - 5'3", 110lbs, last seen Oct 1st, 1982. Can't find any other circumstances other than 'foul play is suspected'. Pretty far away from Galveston.
Original

Judy Gifford - disapeared at 11 years old in'74 and I can't find any other circumstances :( really sad to see such a lack of information for a missing child. I DO think Judy as a child looks like the composite of this UID.
Original

Catherine Frances Clampitt - 5'0", 95lbs, last seen June 15, 1987. Suspected victim of serial killer John Edward Robinson Sr. Although it says Catherine is Korean (Parabon results say ethnically Chinese), i think its worthy to note due to her close DOLC. Overland Park is about 12hr drive away from where UID was found.
Original

I read
Cheri Arakul - 5'3", 110lbs, last seen Oct 1st, 1982. Can't find any other circumstances other than 'foul play is suspected'. Pretty far away from Galveston.
Original

Judy Gifford - disapeared at 11 years old in'74 and I can't find any other circumstances :( really sad to see such a lack of information for a missing child. I DO think Judy as a child looks like the composite of this UID.
Original

Catherine Frances Clampitt - 5'0", 95lbs, last seen June 15, 1987. Suspected victim of serial killer John Edward Robinson Sr. Although it says Catherine is Korean (Parabon results say ethnically Chinese), i think its worthy to note due to her close DOLC. Overland Park is about 12hr drive away from where UID was found.
Original

I read about Clampitt yesterday and the con man/BDSM cassanova Robinson...The women trusted him and left their lives/families to work for him....From what I read I haven't figured out if his bus was in TX and/or KS at the time...She's a good possibility though...She was raised in TX...

Original

Original

Original

A sad notice from her (half) brother on the thread of another Jane Doe. Judy Gifford is identified. So sad. CA - CA - San Francisco, AsianFem 1273UFCA, 15-25, buried at Lake Merced, Oct'76

Namus says 18-38, Parabon's poster says 15-25.
Per her other thread, one Rule Out back in June 2019 - MP17232 Yun Dainiak.

Since her head wasn't recovered the images are not necessarily reliable. And the status on Namus are different to those quoted in the 2016 article which was listed in the other thread: age 15-25 (Namus says 18-38). Article says between 110-150 pounds and 5'1 - 5'4 whereas Namus says 125lb/5'4. Galveston police use DNA to create composite of 1988 murder victim

As well as large Chinese migrant communities in the US there are many communities of Chinese throughout Asia (ie: Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia) so the name may not be traditionally Chinese.

With the younger age group mentioned in 2016 perhaps we should be looking younger:

Yim Eng was a kidnap victim in 1983 who was never released, though in NY so pretty far from TX, though perhaps if the UID was beheaded it was an organised crime message to her family/associates? According to Namus she was 5'4" and 130lb though older (43yo) when she went missing and suspects were arrested in her case The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) NY - NY - Yim Eng, 43, Hurley, 2 Oct 1983

Chiu Le Jean (45yo at the time she went missing) possibly too slight for this UID at 100lb The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Rita Navarra Stants (20yo when she went missing in 1983 from MS. Looks Chinese-Filipina from the photo rather than ethnic Filipina). Timing of the death may not fit, but there are no exact timings or locations in her case because she wasn't reported missing for many, many years The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
MS - MS - Rita Navarra Stants, 19, Gulfport, January 1, 1983

Sieu Trang was 13yo when she went missing from WA in 1982 which puts her in the target age range in 1988. She was much tinier than the estimated height in 1982 but would have grown in six years. So little information available on her, one wonders if she was a runaway or from foster care. Surely someone is missing her and searching? WA - WA - Sieu Trang, 13, Seattle, 3 April 1982
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Bumping Galveston Jane Doe's thread with an odd suggestion: I found Elizabeth Campbell while browsing NamUs the other day, and the date and location "April 1988" and "Texas" made me look up GJD at once. Well, unless either Jane Doe or Elizabeth Campbell are listed with wrong dates, they can't be a match; GJD was found April 1st, and Elizabeth disappeared April 25th...

Elizabeth Campbell's WS thread:
TX - Elizabeth Campbell, 21, Copperas Cove, 25 April 1988
Ms. Campbell's biracial (White/Asian) while Jane Doe's DNA indicated that she's fully Chinese.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back