GUILTY CT - John Regan for kidnapping, rape, Waterbury, 2004

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
When a Connecticut salesman was charged with trying to kidnap a New York teenager from her school parking lot Halloween night, police believed it was a random, isolated abduction attempt.

Two weeks later, the man whose work van contained a tarp and a noose that night in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., is being investigated in at least three states for unsolved sex and murder cases.

Investigators are looking at crimes dating back as far as 1988 to see if there's a connection to 49-year-old John Regan, a married father of three now facing his second kidnapping charge in just over a year.

"We'll know a lot more about John Regan in the months to come, but from what we understand, he led a very interesting double life," Waterbury Police Superintendent Neil O'Leary said. "He led a life as a father, a devoted father, devoted to his kids, frequently seen at their sporting events. A nice house in a nice neighborhood, a very respected and well-liked wife. And you know, obviously there was a total dark side to John Regan."

Detectives are reviewing Regan's business trips to Sturbridge, Mass., to see whether he was in nearby Warren when 16-year-old lifeguard Molly Bish disappeared on June 27, 2000.

O'Leary also wants to revisit the unsolved murders of Mildred Alvarado and Karen Everett, two prostitutes found strangled in Harwinton in 1988 and 1989. Both women worked the streets less than a mile from Regan's home, O'Leary said.

Police charged Regan last year in connection with a 1993 attack, in which a Waterbury woman awoke to find a masked man in her bedroom. According to court documents, the man gagged her, put a pillowcase over her head and raped her.

In 2004, police received a complaint from one of Regan's employees, who accused him of pulling her onto his lap, forcing her onto her back and trying to have sex with her. That investigation revealed that Regan knew the 1993 victim. He provided a DNA sample that, according to police records, matched the cold case.

Because the statute of limitations on rape had expired, Regan was charged with kidnapping. Last November, he pleaded not guilty in both cases and posted $350,000 bail.

Regan came to authorities' attention again a few weeks ago, just days before his Saratoga arrest, when a Walgreens photo clerk reported that Regan had submitted pictures of unsuspecting women.

O'Leary said he'll ask Wisconsin investigators to revisit their cases because Regan's company, ABC Supply, is based there.

"We're going to reach into every community where we know he's been and say, 'Look, this is who he is, this is what we know about him, this is what he's been arrested for,"' O'Leary said. "'And if you have any unsolved cases that could fit into this profile, we strongly urge you to take a strong look at him."'
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/w...13,0,65725.story?coll=ny-region-apconnecticut

I hope some families get answers from this one.

I was thrilled to see this breaking news last night. I have been hoping that they would catch a break in this case, and maybe this will be it. Right now it's pretty unclear as to what else they have on this guy, but I understand they can't give out too much info right away. I hope this is it!

It sounds like this guy is a seriously bad dude. I hope they are able to clear several of the unsolveds.

mysteriew said:
It sounds like this guy is a seriously bad dude. I hope they are able to clear several of the unsolveds.

I have a strong suspicion, this is going to be bigger than you think. I'm looking into something, I'll let you know if I find anything out. Just a hunch.

JMHO
fran

PS.......ok, I can no longer find the thread I was looking at, I don't know what happened to it. I had kept notes for months, but finally threw them away because I thought it was useless. But I hope LE looks at this guy for several of the missing young women in several different states including NH. FWIW, ABC Supply Co., which I believe is his employer has 280 locations and distributes roofing and siding all over. This guys already tried to commit suicide, I hope they get some answers from him before he succeeds........FWIW and IMHO, fran

He recently posted bail on a kidnapping charge and his dna matched the girl that was raped, a co worker had accused him of attempting to rape her.

I don't see why his wife stuck with him after 2 seperate incidents came to light.
But it is great news because if he is a serial killer then more lives will be saved.

I have a feeling, we're going to be seeing more about John Regan..........

JMHO
fran

http://www.saratogian.com/site/news.cfm?BRD=1169&dept_id=17711&newsid=15578376&PAG=461&rfi=9

The investigation into accused abductor John Regan paints a chilling portrait, and the fear strikes close to home. Just two weeks ago, he was charged with grabbing a Saratoga Springs High School girl after cross country practice, trying to drag her into his van.

The 17-year-old senior did everything right -- fought, shouted and slipped his grasp. She saved herself and should be proud of doing so.

Thanks to the valor of assistant coach Raymond Rogers-Harrington and coach Arthur Kranick who respectively approached and followed Regan; he was arrested a few blocks away. They had no idea whether he was armed, but they acted quickly to protect someone in their charge.

.....................snip.....................

Whether Regan is a serial rapist or whether he's proved innocent, someone is responsible for all the missing women and girls in the as-yet-unsolved cases. This incident is a wake-up call that echoes across several states. There are sexual predators circling the community, and we all must be alert to danger. Every precaution is warranted and every act of heroism, such as that of Kranick's and Rogers-Harrington's, is deeply appreciated.

how come in articles such as these, they so often seem to forget posting a PHOTOGRAPH of the psycho? isn't that kind of important?

just the fact that he has a TARP in there to me says that he has experience in what he's doing. s so what does he do with it, drag the bodies to their graves??

i can see it now, the wife is probably like "i still love him and want him to get help".... UGH....

reb said:
how come in articles such as these, they so often seem to forget posting a PHOTOGRAPH of the psycho? isn't that kind of important?

I don't know how to put pictures here, but there's one of him in this article. I think I saw another one where he looks a little different, I'll try to find it.

JMHO
fran

http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/top_stories/default.asp?ArID=157073

John Regan
The investigation into 49-year-old John Regan, following his arrest for the attempted abduction of a Saratoga Springs High School student, is breathing new life into the unsolved murder case of 16-year-old Molly Bish in Massachusetts.

Father John Bish said, "Just the parallels that seem to exist. The victim was a 17-year-old girl who's an athlete, blond hair. She was at a school parking lot. It was heart stopping."

http://www.wfsb.com/Global/story.asp?S=4119774&nav=1VGm

Here's a little different angle of him.

fran

PS...I thought I saw another picture of him but I can't find it. I'm serious, there are a number of missing girls in these eastern states, conn, mass, nh, ny,.......several ............this guy traveled a great deal. His company sold roofing and siding all over the place. ALL of the states he ever traveled to, and heck, even ones he didn't schedule in, should take a close look at his itenerary.
...................fran

Agreed, I think we are seeing the tip of a huge iceberg here. Regan chose the wrong girl to go after, Saratoga Springs track and field teams boast some of the best in the country. This atempted abduction happened less than a mile from my house, when all the kids were trick or treating. If Reagan is responsible for other crimes, I hope he confesses and saves families the anguish of a trial. Thank goodness the girl was able to get away, I believe she would have met the same fate as Molly Bish.

Moe said:
Agreed, I think we are seeing the tip of a huge iceberg here. Regan chose the wrong girl to go after, Saratoga Springs track and field teams boast some of the best in the country. This atempted abduction happened less than a mile from my house, when all the kids were trick or treating. If Reagan is responsible for other crimes, I hope he confesses and saves families the anguish of a trial. Thank goodness the girl was able to get away, I believe she would have met the same fate as Molly Bish.

I wouldn't count on this guy confessing anytime soon. He's already tried to commit suicide since he's been arrested. They're having him evaluated so there's a slight chance he may talk to a doctor. I'm going to keep watching this case.

Here's a new case they're looking at now. This can of worms has just been opened, IMO.

JMHO
fran

http://www.fox23news.com/news/local...d=75c6b09d-3dfe-4514-8e18-786577c1828d&rss=39

Possible Crime Links

It's been more than 7 years since U-Albany sophomore suzanne lyall was seen getting off a CDTA bus on campus, never to be seen again. Now police want to know if John Regan, the man accused of trying to abduct a Saratoga Springs High School student last month, could have something to do with Lyall's disappearance. Regan, who is currently in a psychiatric facility after attempting suicide in jail, also faces kidnapping charges in his home state of Connecticut, and is being looked at in at at least 3 states for crimes dating back to 1988

I found what I was looking for. Wonder if anyone's looking at this guy for any of these cases? In addition to these 'missing,' there's over 50 unsolved murders since the late 60's. Since this guy has been cruising, there's about 13 or more young woman found murdered and cases unsolved.

With regard to these missing, I hope LE looks at his schedule for 2004. There were several 'missing' that year. :(

Interesting.

JMHO
fran

http://community-2.webtv.net/SilkyBoxerz/MissingPersons/

Missing Persons

1. Rachel Garden, missing from Newton NH, southeast of Manchester, March 22, 1980.

2. Russell Bovit, missing from Last Resort Farm in Walden VT , May 11, 1986

3. Sonja Moore, missing from Stark Pond area of Dunbarton NH, November 2, 1989

4. Cheree Hawkens, last seen at Burlington Airport, Burlington VT, January 18, 1990

5. Heidi Dawn Wilbur, last seen at a convenience store in Middletown Springs VT, February 9, 1991

6. Audrey Groat, last seen at the Park and Ride in Northfield VT, August 21, 1993

7. Bethany and Tina Sinclair, missing from West Chesterfield NH, February 4, 2001

8. Hang Thi Phuong Nguyen, missing from Manchester NH, March 16, 2001

9. Lorne Richard Boulet Jr., last seen on Perry Brook Road in Chichester NH, July 29, 2001

10. Karen Shirley Dube, missing from Ware NH, Sept.1, 2001

11. Courtney King, missing from Pelham NH, January 9, 2004

12. Timothy James Young, last seen on Daniels Pond Road in West Glover VT, January 20, 2004 (***Found deceased Early Spring 2005)

13. Maura Murray, last seen on Rt 112 in Haverhill NH, February 9, 2004

14. Brianna Maitland, last seen at Black Lantern Inn, Montgomery VT, March 19, 2004

15. Dominika Smolinski, missing from Westford VT, August 27, 2004

16. Jessica Ann Capille, missing from Bethlehem NH, December 8, 2004

Moe said:

Thanks Moe. Like I said, I think there's much more to this story. Like they're looking at him for Bish. Remember the string of abductions in Mass. from towns starting with the letter "W?" Isn't Regan also from a town beginning with a "W?"

I'll tell ya, the other day when I read the first article on this guy, I immediately thought of all the young women missing and murdered in these eastern states. I believe he could possibly be connected to some or many of them. I just have a feeling, IMHO.

Here's a link to the company he works for. You'll see the territory they cover.

http://www.abcsupply.com/contact/index.asp

JMHO
fran

Wow, I wonder how big Regan's territory was, his family has property on the Cape, Saratoga Springs and Waterbury. Maybe the police can connect some dots, I have a really bad feeling about this guy,glad he's locked up now!

Becba said:
From your link.

According to published reports, Connecticut police found that Regan had looked up a newspaper story on the Saratoga Springs victim on his home computer.

that doesn't sound good. Her name is Christina 'Suzanne White.

I wish we knew his screen name. :confused:

fran

The kids on the Saratoga track teams are very well known in sport circles, some of the best competitors in the country. I see them running everyday, they work very hard. I'd imagine there is a ton of information about them in cyberspace. One report I heard said family members of Regan looked her up after he was arrested. Could have been defense spin though, I'm not sure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back