Charles David Carver - Deceased

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Please discuss the specifics of the murder of Charlie Carver here.

<modsnip>

Btw.

The State allowed this 14 year convicted felon to own the same gun or guns that was used to kill Charlie.

So wouldn't they (his family) handle a civil suit against the state, <modsnip>

Can we discuss KB along with Charlie and how they went there together, etc or is that just for the known victims thread?

Or is KB, the survivor, off limits.

Confused.

You can discuss KB in this thread insomuch as the couple appears to have arrived at the property together, it has been reported that Charlie was shot right in front of her, etc.

For discussion of the following two months and KB's captivity that should be kept in the KB abduction and Captivity thread.

You can discuss KB in this thread insomuch as the couple appears to have arrived at the property together, it has been reported that Charlie was shot right in front of her, etc.

For discussion of the following two months and KB's captivity that should be kept in the KB abduction and Captivity thread.

I haven't seen that thread, so sorry!

Earlier Saturday, Wright identified a body found Friday in a shallow grave on the property as that of Charles David Carver, 32.

Carver, B's boyfriend, died of multiple gunshot wounds to the upper extremities, said Spartanburg County Coroner Rusty Clevenger, who ruled the death a homicide.

Wright said Kohlhepp has not yet been charged with Carver's death.

"We certainly wanted a different outcome than this," Wright said when he delivered the news alongside Clevenger Saturday night.

Clevenger said there was "no way to tell" who Carver was initially and that investigators are still working to determine how long he had been buried.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...lues-after-body-found-kohlhepp-land/93315404/

On Thursday, they found the woman, who had been chained in a container for two months. She told investigators that Kohlhepp shot and killed her boyfriend, Carver, in front of her.

"They're obviously heartbroken," Wright said after talking to Carver's family. "It's terrible. I do think this helps with a little bit of closure. ... We prayed for God to show us, and he did."

Carver died of multiple gunshot wounds. An anthropologist was helping determine how long Carver was buried, said Clevenger. He declined to say how many times Carver had been shot.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-charles-carver-found-20161105-story.html

When the story first started to break about KB having been found, I could have sworn I read something that indicated that KB had said there were more bodies on the property and that they had been burnt.

I've not mentioned it because I've not seen it since and didn't know if it had been misreported at the time, or if I had just misunderstood information.

I wondered, given the time taken to identify CDC and the reasons given by LE as to why it had taken so long, is the possibility that the body was set on fire actually something that could be true and that it could have been reported but has been redacted from MSM for the time being?

I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Did anyone else see this having been reported or has my brain made it up?!

I just wanted to pay my respects to Charlie... rest in peace, Charles David Carver. :rose:

When the story first started to break about KB having been found, I could have sworn I read something that indicated that KB had said there were more bodies on the property and that they had been burnt.

I've not mentioned it because I've not seen it since and didn't know if it had been misreported at the time, or if I had just misunderstood information.

I wondered, given the time taken to identify CDC and the reasons given by LE as to why it had taken so long, is the possibility that the body was set on fire actually something that could be true and that it could have been reported but has been redacted from MSM for the time being?

I feel like I'm going a bit mad. Did anyone else see this having been reported or has my brain made it up?!

I don't recall anything about her saying the bodies were burned. Sorry. I only remember the word "buried". Could it be you misunderstood a SC accent? The sheriff has a Southern drawl that can be hard to understand for those not from that area (I have had trouble figuring out a few words at times watching the pressers).

[h=1]Charles David Carver &#8216;a hero&#8217; to his family[/h]
The family of Charles David Carver considers him a hero.
They believe the discovery of Carver&#8217;s body on Woodruff land owned by real estate agent Todd Kohlhepp helped break open a separate, 13-year-old mystery in the Upstate. Late Saturday night, Spartanburg County Sheriff Chuck Wright confirmed that Kohlhepp had confessed to the 2003 quadruple homicide at Superbike Motorsports in Chesnee.
Nathan Shiflet, Carver&#8217;s stepbrother, said that even as his family struggles with their grief, they are thankful this case helped investigators solve another.
&#8220;My emotions are running so many different ways,&#8221; Shiflet said. &#8220;David was just the best person you could ever meet. He always had that smile. He is a hero taken from us the wrong way, but David brought closure to other families.&#8221;

<modsnip>

Btw.

The State allowed this 14 year convicted felon to own the same gun or guns that was used to kill Charlie.

So wouldn't they (his family) handle a civil suit against the state, <modsnip>

I don't believe he was able to legally own guns. I recall reading a few articles that stated the guns he had were not purchased in a manner that would've required him to register them and show ownership. Meaning they weren't purchased by TK from an authorized dealer like a gun store or a pawn shop. He probably obtained them through "back door dealings" or a friend-to-friend type of deal. Here's an article about it: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2016/11/08/todd-kohlhepp-acquire-guns/93505174/

Don Wood, a spokesman for the FBI in South Carolina, said those guns apparently did not come from a licensed firearms dealer, which would require a background check.

"The FBI's National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) does not have a record for the name Todd Christopher Kohlhepp in relation to a purchase of a firearm,&#8221; he said in a statement to The Greenville News Tuesday afternoon. &#8220;That is to say, it does not appear his name was presented to NICS for a background check by a federal firearms licensee."

I am concerned I may be missing something... to date, TK has still only been charged with the 4 Superbike killings, correct?
No murder charges for killing Charlie or Meagan or Johnny yet?

If so... what's up with that?

I am concerned I may be missing something... to date, TK has still only been charged with the 4 Superbike killings, correct?
No murder charges for killing Charlie or Meagan or Johnny yet?

If so... what's up with that?

Lieutenant Bobo said in yesterday's presser about Johnny and Megan that TK would eventually be charged but they are still compiling evidence and getting all their ducks in a row before charging him. He repeated a couple times there is no hurry to charge him because he is not going anywhere.

[h=1]Charles David Carver's family talks forgiveness as they plan memorial[/h]
The last exchange Joanne Shiflet had with her son came through text messages in late summer.

She had heard about the death of actor and comedian Gene Wilder on Aug. 29. She knew David was a big fan, so she sent him a text to let him know.

"Damn," David answered.

It would be the last word she got from her son.

In the hours and days that followed, she sent David other messages. They all went unanswered.

At first, the Shiflets thought David must be working a series of 12-hour shifts at First Quality Enterprises, the Anderson tissue plant. David helped handle printing there and joked about constantly coming home with ink on his hands and clothes.

After a while, though, the Shiflets knew something was wrong. Joanne Shiflet asked the manager at Anderson Crossing Apartments to check out the unit that David shared with his girlfriend, KB. When the manager found KB's dog, Romeo, alone without food or water, Shiflet knew that she needed to file a missing person's report.
More at link: http://www.independentmail.com/stor...alks-forgiveness-they-plan-memorial/93882116/

I wonder if KB will attend the funeral? Maybe they will have a special before hand time she will go pay her respects so as not to bring attention to herself with so many ppl present.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker
Back