MI MI - Van Buren, WhtFem 20-35, UP8213, wallet & t-shirt w/rainbow & unicorn, '86 calendar, Sep'93

Romulus

Ivan
Reaction score
NamUs UP 8213

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/8213

Unidentified White Female

Found September 10, 1993 in Wayne County, MI
Body Condition:
Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-35
Approximate Height: 62 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing

Clothing & Accessories

Clothing:
Black t-shirt (size small) with a Unicorn and Rainbow and "Dreams begin where rainbows end" printed upon it.
Jewerly: Nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories:
Blue bi-fold wallet with picture of clouds, a unicorn and a rainbow. A calander from 1986 was in the wallet
Identifiers
Fingerprints: Fingerprint not available
Dentals: Dental information / charting is available and entered
DNA:
Sample is currently not available

Case History:
Skeletonized remains were discovered by a mushroom picker in a wooded area just off the exit ramp from I-275 and Ecorse Roads in Van Buren Twp. Michigan. Examination of the remains revealed they were female, in their mid 20's with good oral hygiene. A 1986 calendar was found in a wallet adjacent to the remains, as was a small black t-shirt with the logo of a unicorn on clouds under a rainbow with "Dreams Begin where Rainbows End" printed on it. The wallet also had rainbow and unicorn logos on it.

I found https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/36009/211/ She looks mixed race to me. Maybe her?

Uhm Namus cites white female but 'some data are different from those of other sites such as Doe Network; however this is the shir

41FLB5vnJPL.jpg

I google mapped the location where this Jane Doe's remains were found and saw there's something called the I-275 Metro Trail, a bicycle trail that runs parallel to one side of I-275.

According to Wikipedia, it was built in the mid-1970s but "It was not well-maintained originally"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I-275_Metro_Trail

The description of where the remains were found doesn't clarify if they were found along this bicycle trail.

The bicycle trail may have no significance, given how big the entire area is and how busy it must be with traffic. Just wondering if there were any reported crimes along the bicycle trail, any pattern of suspicious activity. Wondering what that area was like in the 1980s, 1990s, etc.

I also posted this on the thread for Margie Ann Ranshaw:

Namus MP: 14788 Case: 2435-87

Namus UP: 8213

Margie Ann Ranshaw went missing from Barryton, MI which is 2 hours and 45 minutes from Van Buren Township (location of Unidentified remains). Margie’s vehicle was found in Howell off of I96 (only 45 minutes from Van Buren Township). Howell is on the way (at least according to today’s roads) from Barryton to Van Buren Township.

Margie was last seen May 17, 1987

UP (skeletonized remains) were found September 10, 1993. What’s important is that she had a 1986 calendar in her wallet, leading me to believe she could have been deceased since 1986 or 1987.

UP - White female with good oral hygiene, 20-35 years old, 62 inches (estimated)

Margie - White female, 29 years old, 62-66 inches

I also posted this on the thread for Margie Ann Ranshaw:

Namus MP: 14788 Case: 2435-87

Namus UP: 8213

Margie Ann Ranshaw went missing from Barryton, MI which is 2 hours and 45 minutes from Van Buren Township (location of Unidentified remains). Margie’s vehicle was found in Howell off of I96 (only 45 minutes from Van Buren Township). Howell is on the way (at least according to today’s roads) from Barryton to Van Buren Township.

Margie was last seen May 17, 1987

UP (skeletonized remains) were found September 10, 1993. What’s important is that she had a 1986 calendar in her wallet, leading me to believe she could have been deceased since 1986 or 1987.

UP - White female with good oral hygiene, 20-35 years old, 62 inches (estimated)

Margie - White female, 29 years old, 62-66 inches

Link case

MI - MI - Margie Ranshaw, 29, Barryton, 17 May 1987

This case was recently discussed on another website and somebody mentioned that the list of exclusions includes a Steven Beisner, who is male, went missing in 2013, and is no longer missing. I can't see the exclusions myself but it seems like a very odd clerical error. Why would this happen?

Just scrolling through the Charley Project and cane across Tracy Marie Kroh. Last seen in Pennsylvania (far, I know) went missing wearing a horse/unicorn purse!!! She’s listed as 4”10 and this JD is listed as around 5”2 which is a discrepancy but there have been weirder matches.
Link to Charley Project here

• Missing Since08/05/1989
  • Missing FromMillersburg, Pennsylvania
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • SexFemale
  • RaceWhite
  • Date of Birth04/16/1972 (50)
  • Age17 years old
  • Height and Weight4'10, 85 pounds
  • Clothing/Jewelry DescriptionA size small light blue and white floral print shirt, size small light blue and white shorts, size 4.5 or 5 white sneakers, a silver Timex watch on her left wrist and a white gold Halifax High School class of 1990 ring with a white diamond. She was carrying a small purse with thin strap and the image of a horse or unicorn on the side, as well as a keyring with an image of the cartoon character Roger Rabbit.
  • Associated Vehicle(s)Blue-striped white 1971 Mercury Comet (accounted for)
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsCaucasian female. Brown hair, green eyes. Tracy has a small mole on the center of her chin. Her ears are pierced. She has previously had braces on her teeth.

I can’t submit matches because I’m not in the US so please submit if you feel it is worth it.

6 Missing Person Exclusions
Hazel Klug 1986 VA
Joyce Walcott 1986 CA
Kristi Frontera 1993 MI
Margie Ranshaw 1987 MI
Patricia Schmidt 1985 VA
Steven Beisner 2013 IL

This one is now undergoing FGG with Idenfinders as per around 22:00 of the below video.

NamUs UP8213

Unidentified White Female
Found September 10, 1993 in Wayne County, MI
Body Condition: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Probable year of death: to

Vital Statistics
Estimated age: 20-35
Approximate Height: 62 estimate
Approximate Weight: cannot estimate.
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Scars and marks: nothing
Clothing & Accessories

Clothing: Black t-shirt (size small) with a Unicorn and Rainbow and "Dreams begin where rainbows end" printed upon it.
Jewerly: Nothing
Footwear: nothing
Accessories: Blue bi-fold wallet with picture of clouds, a unicorn and a rainbow. A calander from 1986 was in the wallet

Case History: Skeletonized remains were discovered by a mushroom picker in a wooded area just off the exit ramp from I-275 and Ecorse Roads in Van Buren Twp. Michigan. Examination of the remains revealed they were female, in their mid 20's with good oral hygiene. A 1986 calendar was found in a wallet adjacent to the remains, as was a small black t-shirt with the logo of a unicorn on clouds under a rainbow with "Dreams Begin where Rainbows End" printed on it. The wallet also had rainbow and unicorn logos on it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back