SC - Claflin University - Newborn baby found alive in dumpster

In SC we have Daniel's Law, which says:

A person who abandons a newborn cannot be prosecuted for abandonment if he or she takes the unharmed baby to staff or an employee of a safe haven.
Safe havens are defined as a hospital or hospital outpatient facility, law enforcement agencies, fire stations, emergency medial services (EMS) stations or a house of worship during the time the church or synagogue is staff.

I wonder if the mother didn't know about the law or if she just chose to throw her baby in a dumpster. Either way, thank God the baby is alive.

In SC we have Daniel's Law, which says:

A person who abandons a newborn cannot be prosecuted for abandonment if he or she takes the unharmed baby to staff or an employee of a safe haven.
Safe havens are defined as a hospital or hospital outpatient facility, law enforcement agencies, fire stations, emergency medial services (EMS) stations or a house of worship during the time the church or synagogue is staff.

I wonder if the mother didn't know about the law or if she just chose to throw her baby in a dumpster. Either way, thank God the baby is alive.

We have similar laws here in Florida, but young people don't seem to know about them. I wish there were more social media ads and alerts on twitter, etc. Even if there were flyers in high school and college bathrooms, dorms, public bathrooms, everywhere... That may help.

http://www.wistv.com/story/33678304...udent-who-officials-say-left-baby-in-dumpster

Amber Fulton, 19, also faces charges of unlawful conduct towards a child after investigators say she gave birth to a 5 pound, 7-ounce boy, wrapped him up in two plastic bags, and placed him in a dumpster

Fulton's pastor described her as the "golden child" who was raised in the church.

"I just think she got caught up in a situation and was overwhelmed and made some bad choices not understanding some of the options she had and not appreciating them," the pastor said.

:cry:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back