AR AR - Hot Springs, UnsFem UP2829, 20-35, in woods off Hwy 296, prev broken nose, Oct'97

Romulus

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/947ufar.html

The Doe Network

No_Image_Available_female.jpg

Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: October 4, 1997
Location of Discovery: Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas
Estimated Date of Death: 1994 to 1997
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description

** Listed information is approximate

Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Old fractures on the nasal bone indicate previous broken nose. Although healed, the nose is deviated to the right.
Dentals: Available; #1 and #16 erupted. #17 and #32 unerupted.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA available with FBI NMPDD (ref #080926013).

Clothing & Personal Items

Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown
Case History

Hunters found the remains of the victim in the woods off Highway 296. The area is very thick with brush and trees. The skull and jaw were located 4 to 5 feet apart and all of the other remains were found 50 yards from the skull.
Investigating Agency(s)

If you have any information about this case please contact;Agency Name: Garland County Coroners Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 501-622-3638
Agency Name: Arkansas State Crime Laboratory
Agency Contact Person: Chris Edwards
Agency Phone Number: 501-227-5936

Agency Case Number: 799-97
NCIC Case Number: U500024273
NamUs Case Number: UP #2829
Former Hot Case Number: 1547
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.
Information Source(s)

NamUs

This location doesn't seem to be near any major roads; who was this lady? I've tried and tried to find possible matches from nearby states and areas but just can't see anyone who really strikes me as a fit. Anyone else have good ideas?

947UFAR - Unidentified Female

Date of Discovery: October 4, 1997
Location of Discovery: Hot Springs, Garland County, Arkansas
Estimated Date of Death: 1994 to 1997
State of Remains: Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only
Cause of Death: Unknown

Physical Description
Estimated Age: 20-35 years old
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'2"
Weight: Unknown
Hair Color: Unknown
Eye Color: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Old fractures on the nasal bone indicate previous broken nose. Although healed, the nose is deviated to the right.

Identifiers
Dentals: Available; #1 and #16 erupted. #17 and #32 unerupted.
Fingerprints: Not available.
DNA: mtDNA and nucDNA available with FBI NMPDD (ref #080926013).

Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Unknown

Circumstances of Discovery
Hunters found the remains of the victim in the woods off Highway 296. The area is very thick with brush and trees. The skull and jaw were located 4 to 5 feet apart and all of the other remains were found 50 yards from the skull.

Investigating Agency(s)
Agency Name: Garland County Coroners Office
Agency Contact Person: N/A
Agency Phone Number: 501-622-3638
Agency Case Number: 799-97

Agency Name: Arkansas State Crime Laboratory
Agency Contact Person: Chris Edwards
Agency Phone Number: 501-227-5936

NCIC Case Number: U500024273
NamUs Case Number: UP #2829

Information Source(s)
NamUs
947UFAR

3 Exclusions
MP9366 Angela Williams 07/10/1995 Harrison, MS
Sherri Miller KS
Cleachindra Hall AR

I lived in Hot Springs for eleven years and I have no idea what this Hwy 296 is supposed to be. State Hwy 296 is in Texarkana about two hours away from Hot Springs. When I click the location found link for a map and it puts is smack in the middle of Grand Avenue and I can assure you, Grand Avenue is heavily trafficked and not out in the boonies.

Anybody got any ideas to help me figure out the correct location where she was found?

There is a AR Hwy 290 that runs around the Lake Catherine side and it is still pretty rural back there. There are more gated/pop-up neighborhoods back there now than would have been in 1997, though.

When I click the location found link for a map and it puts is smack in the middle of Grand Avenue and I can assure you, Grand Avenue is heavily trafficked and not out in the boonies.

Anybody got any ideas to help me figure out the correct location where she was found?

As far as I can tell the map thing next to location found doesn't bring you to the actual place the body was found but to somewhere in the middle of whatever place is entered into location found. I think it has something to do with how next to GPS Coordinates it says "(Not Mapped)". If there are GPS Coordinates listed (unfortunately not in this case) you can enter those into google and get the exact place.

Yeah, neither have I. Might start looking for MP out of neighboring states.

So I tried searching neighboring state on NamUs but could only find 4 who fit all the other qualifiers and none of them went missing anywhere close to Hot Springs or had any mention of a broken nose.

So I tried searching neighboring state on NamUs but could only find 4 who fit all the other qualifiers and none of them went missing anywhere close to Hot Springs or had any mention of a broken nose.

There are a million reasons to be in Hot Springs, legal and illegal. I don't possess the vocabulary to express that just ending up in Hot Springs unplanned, happens. Somebody knows somebody or needs to pick up a thing or look at a thing. Even before I moved there, on more than one occasion, I just ended up in Hot Springs. I went on purpose for a weekend once and stayed for eleven years. In those years, I met a lot of other people who just ended up there and stayed. Mostly coming from the south or the west: Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma.

There are a million reasons to be in Hot Springs, legal and illegal. I don't possess the vocabulary to express that just ending up in Hot Springs unplanned, happens. Somebody knows somebody or needs to pick up a thing or look at a thing. Even before I moved there, on more than one occasion, I just ended up in Hot Springs. I went on purpose for a weekend once and stayed for eleven years. In those years, I met a lot of other people who just ended up there and stayed. Mostly coming from the south or the west: Louisiana, Texas, and Oklahoma.

I included all states that border Arkansas and found no one with a previously broken nose. I'm thinking she was either not reported missing or reported without the broken nose info.

I'm asking some locals from around lake Charles

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back