Ivan
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 612UFCA

612UFCA.jpg
612UFCA1.jpg

Shoe & Pants

Unidentified White Female
  • The victim was discovered on January 7, 1978 in Palmdale, Los Angeles County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: Undetermined
  • Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

• Estimated age: 20 years old
  • Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5 1/2-5'8 1/2"; 110 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: Long blonde hair.
  • Dentals: Available
  • Clothing: A pair of blue denim pants, with a label similar to an American flag with the letters "JEA" and "SY" in the blue field and a size tag marked "7-28". The inseam was 32 inches. A "Noreen", size 7 shoe. Investigation reveals these shoes were sold through "Boys Market" chain.
  • Other: 1 match book cover, Virginia slims cigarette butts, found at scene.

Case History
The victim was located at Rock Formations 150th Street East & Avenue P-8 in Palmdale, CA. Scattered skeletal remains were found in a canyon wash.

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit
Richard Kennerly
323-890-5500

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.

Agency Case Numbers:
Jane Doe #1; LASD 1978-00217-1194-497; Coroners # 78-00342

NCIC Number:
U-850021121

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information
:

LASD Homicide/Cold Case Unit

Namus

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4434

Don't know if it helps, but denim pants in Italy are called "jeans"
(maybe that's the word on the label?)

I don't know how far off these estimations with age / weight can be...

Sylvia Helen Carlson
- went missing from Santa Monica. Off the age range at 32 and 130lb - 20 more pounds than the estimate. Worth a shot though, long blonde hair, dates and area match.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/915dfca.html

Link says SC was 39, not 32, but I don't know how accurate these age estimates are, either.

Wondering if this was one of the victims of serial killer William Richard Bradford. He was operating in that time period, and liked the Palmdale area.

Good point, but I'm not sure it's as significant for 1978 as it is now.

She seems to have been wearing tall platform heels. In the 70's we wore our pants longer to begin with, and wore them longer with heels--sometimes almost to the ground, so that might be it. (Jeans the length we wear them today would have been called high-water pants or flood pants :) ) If they're all cotton, as jeans that age tend to be, she might have bought a larger size so they'd shrink to fit. And some pants are just mislabeled or sized funny, too, like they think we're all six-foot-tall models with legs that go on forever. She might have rolled the cuffs, or hemmed them up. So it might not be as odd as it seems.

In any case, Ridall looks like a good match to me. I'm reading it that she went to Cincinnati (Ohio), and told the person there she was going to California, but I could be wrong about that.

Good point, but I'm not sure it's as significant for 1978 as it is now.

She seems to have been wearing tall platform heels. In the 70's we wore our pants longer to begin with, and wore them longer with heels--sometimes almost to the ground, so that might be it. (Jeans the length we wear them today would have been called high-water pants or flood pants :) ) If they're all cotton, as jeans that age tend to be, she might have bought a larger size so they'd shrink to fit. And some pants are just mislabeled or sized funny, too, like they think we're all six-foot-tall models with legs that go on forever. She might have rolled the cuffs, or hemmed them up. So it might not be as odd as it seems.

In any case, Ridall looks like a good match to me. I'm reading it that she went to Cincinnati (Ohio), and told the person there she was going to California, but I could be wrong about that.

In the 70's our jeans drug the ground with heels on lol.

Looked at the file on the LA Corners Website, says weight is unknown but on DN it says 110 lbs... I would not take weight into consideration for possible matches.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back