Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldpizza

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
[FONT=&amp]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

Authorities said Sherri Papini, 34, was last seen in the area near Sunrise Drive and Sundust Road near Old Oregon Trail as she went for a jog.

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

skibaboo's Case Map

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3

Here's just the relevant part of the log. LOTS of info here. Describes vehicle. Phone numbers redacted.
6a04849a71ff471c215282b7a3861bd0.jpg

Can anybody inform me what BTWN Male means?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why does it undo your theory? From the way the report looks, the jogging outfit was found in a vehicle at a residence behind Sherri's house. That's how I'm reading it at least.

How would you interpret it?

I don't think they are saying the jogging outfit was found in a vehicle. They often have that comment when they put SP's name in a report. I guess its what she was last wearing and nothing more. It is interesting about the vehicle though. First concrete lead maybe. Also some lady is on another call in the log demanding to speak with major crimes about this case.

It doesn't say he witnessed an abduction, a 415 is disturbing the peace, and it happened at Old Oregon and Holiday Rds, not far from HW5.
It says standing at the intersection and ITA (in the area). I think the old Oregon road is for the call above, with the pink outfit?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Wondering who the owner of that tan Chevy is...

Ya. And why would they leave the outfit sitting in the car two weeks later?

And why were searches ended instead of expanded?? If this is legit, they could have found it sooner.

Wondering who the owner of that tan Chevy is...

The tan Chevy and pink jogging outfit come up in the header level of every follow up report regarding Sherri that seems to come from the family. The one on the 5th is substantially like this one, except for the actual specifics of the call. I've been assuming the tan Chevy was a vehicle belonging to the Papinis because of that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The tan Chevy and pink jogging outfit come up in the header level of every follow up report regarding Sherri that seems to come from the family. The one on the 5th is substantially like this one, except for the actual specifics of the call. I've been assuming the tan Chevy was a vehicle belonging to the Papinis because of that.

Thank you, that explains things.

Would they still have been cutting down a tree though after 5 pm? Since we have had daylight savings time it now starts getting dark around 5 pm.

Yes, it's normal if you are engrossed in a case. If you think you are prophetic, it's more likely that you've deduced the most likely scenario, and it was true. So don't freak out, perfectly normal. : ) Sometimes when this happens I take a healthy break from whatever thread has me wound up.

Absolutely. I have dreamt several cases, usually with the correct outcome. Last one was Leanne Bearden. On the first night of the case, I dreamt of the song Ode to Billie Joe about jumping off the Tallahatchie Bridge and woke up knowing what happened.

So it's possible it just says, pink running outfit as a reminder that it's what she was wearing?

Having lived in various parts of CA including NorCal it's pretty common to come upon areas with no cell service. Do we know if there's service where she was? When they say the phone went "dead" do they mean she turned off the phone, her battery went dead, the service was lost, or she just stopped communicating? For someone concerned enough about safety to own a gun - I highly doubt she'd turn off her phone while out alone. Also just an observation but KP had to have her Apple password to access the find-my-phone app. Not unheard of for a married couple to share this info but just interesting to me since no one I know has access to my password. Might be something to consider in terms of safety and if we ever need to be located. What if he didn't have that password? Would her cell carrier have been able to pinpoint the location of the phone just as easily and speedily? Even in a dead cell area? Also seems odd to me she received no other communication in the time she was out from 12-5:30pm outside if the one reply from KP? She seemed pretty social and active. No texts from family or friends? And no other communication from her? Maybe it just hasn't been released yet. I can't stop thinking of the encampment with the doll - that was really creepy.

I'll try to answer some of your questions..

"Do we know if there's service where she was?"
Since he was able to track the phone, there had to have been service in or near the area where the phone was found.

"When they say the phone went "dead" do they mean she turned off the phone, her battery went dead, the service was lost, or she just stopped communicating?"
LE has not given us that specific information. However by logging in to her iCloud account, LE would be able to determine why the connection was lost (phone powered down by person, dead battery, etc) . Also, note that if phone has lost power, the Find my iPhone app does not work. However, if they had her phone set to "Lost Phone Mode", the phone can sense (via button input or extreme motion) if the phone is about to lose connection. And the last location will be stored in her iCloud account. In this senario, you track the phone based on it's last recorded location. My guess is that the phone was thrown > damaged > powered down on it's own.

"KP had to have her Apple password to access the find-my-phone app."
"What if he didn't have that password?"
Correct! Not only was he able to find the phone, but by proving LE with the password he prevented LE from needing to request info from cell phone provider. And Apple will not provide your password to LE- including to the FBI so access to her iCloud would not be possible.

"Would her cell carrier have been able to pinpoint the location of the phone just as easily and speedily?"
No, the cell carrier can only locate the phone based upon the closest tower that the phone last connected (pinged) to. Cell towers are spread miles apart vs Find my iPhone which actually uses GPS for locating the phone.

"Not unheard of for a married couple to share this info but just interesting to me since no one I know has access to my password."
In the case of your disappearance, the person who would be contacted should know your password, IMHO. This could save your life.Hope this helps!!

Precisely. He said the "communication" went dead. I interpreted that to mean that there were no communications (texts, calls, email checks, etc.) after noon. Which is certainly not uncommon if she were running and didn't want to break stride. Were the tree trimmers the only ones that saw her at 2:00? It could be slightly off. But I haven't seen anything indicating what time she would've needed to leave to pick up the kids. That would be helpful.

You can still find your iPhone if it is dead, as long as it died where you found out. In other words, if it died while it was laying on the side of the road, he could have found it there, with that app. Th app shows where your phone was when it was last working.

ETA: but it would mean that she lost the phone at noonish if that is when the phone died. [although I am not even sure that is what the sheriff meant happened at noon.]

Is it possible the 2 pm sighting is mistaken?

It makes more sense that she was grabbed right there around noonish, where her phone fell...

Since he was able to track the phone, there had to have been service in or near the area where the phone was found.

"When they say the phone went "dead" do they mean she turned off the phone, her battery went dead, the service was lost, or she just stopped communicating?"
LE has not given us that specific information. However by logging in to her iCloud account, LE would be able to determine why the connection was lost (phone powered down by person, dead battery, etc) . Also, note that if phone has lost power, the Find my iPhone app does not work. However, if they had her phone set to "Lost Phone Mode", the phone can sense (via button input or extreme motion) if the phone is about to lose connection. And the last location will be stored in her iCloud account. In this senario, you track the phone based on it's last recorded location. My guess is that the phone was thrown > damaged > powered down on it's own.

Correct! Not only was he able to find the phone, but by proving LE with the password he prevented LE from needing to request info from cell phone provider. And Apple will not provide your password to LE- including to the FBI so access to her iCloud would not be possible.

"Would her cell carrier have been able to pinpoint the location of the phone just as easily and speedily?"
No, the cell carrier can only locate the phone based upon the closest tower that the phone last connected (pinged) to. Cell towers are spread miles apart vs Find my iPhone which actually uses GPS for locating the phone.

"Not unheard of for a married couple to share this info but just interesting to me since no one I know has access to my password."
In the case of your disappearance, the person who would be contacted should know your password, IMHO. This could save your life.Hope this helps!!

My phone uses my thumbprint but has a back up password in case I can't get in with my thumb print or I reboot etc. my husband has that password and I his. I didn't think that was strange ...he and I can swap phones at anytime ...no secrets.

My phone uses my thumbprint but has a back up password in case I can't get in with my thumb print or I reboot etc. my husband has that password and I his. I didn't think that was strange ...he and I can swap phones at anytime ...no secrets.

Ok I'm getting confused again! lol

This police report says 'follow up'

Is this related to the clothing, possibly related to Sherri found near Oregon trail and Holiday Rd on the 7th Nov?

I can't find the police report that gives details. All I have is this http://eastvalleytimes.com/sheriffs-log-nov-1-7/

Nov. 7

A citizen called to report he believes he found clothes in a nearby ditch in the Holiday Rd and Old Oregon Trail area that look like the clothes the missing person was wearing when she was last seen. Caller is standing by near location.

I wanted to check if the RP was the same name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member