Italy - Milan, WhtMale 224UMITA, 28+, cap MIAMI Hurricane, multiple tattoos, Aug'01

Romulus

Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 224UMITA

Unidentified White Male
  • Discovered on August 21, 2001 on Via Tarra in Milan, Italy.

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: Over 28 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 178 cm; 85 kg.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Grey hair; blue eyes. He had a graying beard and mustache. 3 cm scar on the back of right hand.
    [*]Dentals: Prosthesis
  • Clothing: He was wearing a white t-shirt with a green iguana and the text CUZMEL MESSICO, beige pants of average length, size XL , brand billiy up, a green and orange cap with the text MIAMI Hurricane, a black and violet bag, brand Gattopard and flip-flop shoes, brand Oslander.
  • Tattoos: He had a tattoo on left forearm of three hearts with the text "JON", with an arrow through them and 5 green leaves.
224UMITA1.jpg

224UMITA2.jpg

224UMITA3.jpg

224UMITA4.jpg

224UMITA5.jpg

Investigators
If you have any information about this case please contact:
Laboratorio di Antropologia e Odontologia Forense
Email

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
Agency Case Number:
Source Information:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/224umita.html

**Warning! Post-mortem photos contained in link below!
Laboratorio di Antropologia e Odontologia Forense

Miami Hurricanes are a US college sports team, very popular at the time. Miami University in Miami Florida.

Miami is also the main port of departure for Caribbean cruises, many of which go to Cozumel.

The hat doesn't necessarily mean that he is American. I have known plenty of people in the UK who have caps/hoodies/T shirts etc with American sports teams or cities on them, and they have either never been to the US or they just visited on holiday.

I did not intend to say that he was American. I think there's a possibility he had taken a cruise out of Miami to Cozumel, but that's not a certainty, and even if he did, it doesn't necessarily make him American, either.

The hat doesn't necessarily mean that he is American. I have known plenty of people in the UK who have caps/hoodies/T shirts etc with American sports teams or cities on them, and they have either never been to the US or they just visited on holiday.

I didn't take it that she meant it that way. :)

@Romulus Hi there, can you bare with me. The links for this John Doe don't work anymore, because Labanof has a new website. I can't find a link to the unidentified bodies anymore, where for instance this John Doe is listed. I autotranslated it to English but even then I couldn't find the UID profiles.

If you Google cadaveri senza nome labanof then you end up here

LABANOF

It's the old site where you see the PM-pictures and yrs/months of people found in Milan. The files behind it are gone. Somebody made a map of the unidentified, they are marked on the map, but I had to search for ages to find this John Doe. You see what I mean and why. No numbers, no dates if you scroll over the markers on the map, so you have to click on each and everyone.

Finally I found him but there is no reference in the link to this particular John Doe, so placing the link here is senseless. You come back in the homepage with the map and you can start all over again. Can you please take a look and help me out? THANKS upfront.

Because the PM picture of this particular John Doe is not scary IMO I post him here in the open. You get a totally different "feel" about what he looked like and maybe somebody can recognize him this way. Note: all the pictures have a somewhat greenish shine, so I have a little doubt about the color and the brightness of his eyes in this particular picture. You can see they are (very) blue, where in the reproduction they look more brown.

6AF2TALqdF97Dd_HjXn_YXPloYuNEwG_D4gka7JzvuOwf0x6zlOHJB8GmcEjPEWi6hjc-g8WMhCPemaY3D241kiOWXNSxk7_M1OBm7qiIplXYk1xibct4g_hCrp-eZRNO7Mki_nKsRbYfA-fGoCwtfxHlIMSDFy6NqqKWs7GVnR0R9xKcmUtdztTp4GXZcBodNxReCS18u2GfOTRoUCcyhY12ny7Nl9HAIlexmDYE7lZS42fbf-9_jfnLYSnvHxowUG2n2esaZzXClnSX0IChpOOOx1ohdwbWww

From the old Labanof side added by me.

- Unidentified Male, Caucasian
- Found on Via Tarra, Milan on August 21, 2001
- From the media (didn't filed it, sorry) : man fell on the ground, was grasping for air/short of breath, was transported to hospital, there he died, he had no identification or other papers with him.
- Length: 1.78 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 85kg (187,29 lbs)
- Physical description: gray/graying hair, (10 cm), beard, mustache, blue eyes. Looks to have a crooked nose, I'm not sure he looked like that while living.

Based on the age estimate, this man should have been born between 1941-1961. I estimate that this man was around 53 years old, at least more towards 60 than towards 40. If he was about 53 in August 2001, then he was born around 1948.

Tattoos:
- left forearm (three hearts with a band with "JON", a crossing arrow through the hearts, 5 green leaves) around it.
Father, mother, child? I only see 2 hearts, 3rd heart probably disappears a bit. I don't see the band with “Jon”. Could also be misspelled, Maybe Jan (ine) Ian, Ion, John, Josh? Old School tattoo… doesn't seem to have been done by a real tattoo artist. The leaves resemble the Italian or Canadian
Poplar. Other thoughts?

Scars:
- Round, 2 cm in diameter, on the left collarbone.
- Linear (stripe) of 3 cm on the back of the right hand.

Clothing:
- White T-shirt with green iguana written Çozumel Mexico (the site says "CUZMEL MECCICO", no idea why they translated the words) Its a fairly well-known logo / T-shirt, still sold, also in black. An island off the coast of Mexico, a vacation paradise, is frequently visited by cruise ships, fixed route from Florida.
- Knee pants XL beige brand "billiy up"
(no picture)
- Green baseball cap with orange visor and the word "MIAMI Hurricanes".
Miami Hurricanes is a football club / baseball club from Miami Florida, Miami-Dade county. The logo is "vintage" and was used in the years 1972-1999. In the picture the cap looks blue but the colors are green with orange. Discolored by the sun or is it the coloration of the photo? Note: the pictures are just to show the club colors (the logo is different)

upload_2020-10-26_14-21-24.pngupload_2020-10-26_14-21-50.png

- Belt bag black-purple brand "Gattopard," Couldn't find that specific brand and I can't read it properly. Tourist? Why a belt bag with nothing in it? Robbed during becoming unwell or just before, getting unwell due to robbing? Just speculation.

upload_2020-10-26_14-24-37.png

- Flip-flops (on the site was brand Oslander, it's Islander, the I looking an O) Originally from the Philippines.

upload_2020-10-26_14-26-22.pngupload_2020-10-26_14-26-51.png

Personal belongings: none

Teeth: removable upper dentures

Coincidence?
Il Gattopardo Milano opened its doors on Friday 14 September 2001 in Milan.
Church of the beginning of the last century and deconsecrated in the 70s, the Gattopardo Milano is a new creative and multifunctional space created in the center of Milan.
The restaurant is proposed both as a modern disco-bar and as a location for events of all kinds,
private and corporate, with the possibility of organizing gala dinners and buffets.

@Romulus You speaking Italian, can you check out what is going on....can't see the pictures anymore. Do they have a new policy about showing PM pictures. And if you contact them could you ask if this person is identified? Grazie Mille!

@Romulus Hi there, can you bare with me. The links for this John Doe don't work anymore, because Labanof has a new website. I can't find a link to the unidentified bodies anymore, where for instance this John Doe is listed. I autotranslated it to English but even then I couldn't find the UID profiles.

If you Google cadaveri senza nome labanof then you end up here

LABANOF

It's the old site where you see the PM-pictures and yrs/months of people found in Milan. The files behind it are gone. Somebody made a map of the unidentified, they are marked on the map, but I had to search for ages to find this John Doe. You see what I mean and why. No numbers, no dates if you scroll over the markers on the map, so you have to click on each and everyone.

Finally I found him but there is no reference in the link to this particular John Doe, so placing the link here is senseless. You come back in the homepage with the map and you can start all over again. Can you please take a look and help me out? THANKS upfront.

Because the PM picture of this particular John Doe is not scary IMO I post him here in the open. You get a totally different "feel" about what he looked like and maybe somebody can recognize him this way. Note: all the pictures have a somewhat greenish shine, so I have a little doubt about the color and the brightness of his eyes in this particular picture. You can see they are (very) blue, where in the reproduction they look more brown.

6AF2TALqdF97Dd_HjXn_YXPloYuNEwG_D4gka7JzvuOwf0x6zlOHJB8GmcEjPEWi6hjc-g8WMhCPemaY3D241kiOWXNSxk7_M1OBm7qiIplXYk1xibct4g_hCrp-eZRNO7Mki_nKsRbYfA-fGoCwtfxHlIMSDFy6NqqKWs7GVnR0R9xKcmUtdztTp4GXZcBodNxReCS18u2GfOTRoUCcyhY12ny7Nl9HAIlexmDYE7lZS42fbf-9_jfnLYSnvHxowUG2n2esaZzXClnSX0IChpOOOx1ohdwbWww

Is it me or does he look astonishingly like the late actor Robin Williams?

Is it me or does he look astonishingly like the late actor Robin Williams?

Yes, he has the same kind of cute/funny soft kindness in the face. I can see that to. I call him Mr. angel-eyes, but maybe he wasn't that sweet at all. :) I've been looking out for him for years, even before I joined Websleuths. Especially the communication through the Italian channels is hard for me. My Italian is bad/absent and they are not very English minded. I must say the medical examiner of Milan is ahead of her time. The well documented website was there already years ago....(and now it seems to have gone) I'm still not sure from what "corner" of the world he might have been coming from. The clothes suggest a (n American/) tourist or a traveler, but where was his other luggage/suitcase? You would think there would have been abandoned stuff in a hotel room or the like. Another theory is that he came with a seaworthy sailing yacht and traveled to Milan, but what happened to the boat? The tattoo hints to Ireland, maybe Canada?...but he also could be a crook on the run..... As you can see this thread is not very "hot". I could use some help.

Yes, he has the same kind of cute/funny soft kindness in the face. I can see that to. I call him Mr. angel-eyes, but maybe he wasn't that sweet at all. :) I've been looking out for him for years, even before I joined Websleuths. Especially the communication through the Italian channels is hard for me. My Italian is bad/absent and they are not very English minded. I must say the medical examiner of Milan is ahead of her time. The well documented website was there already years ago....(and now it seems to have gone) I'm still not sure from what "corner" of the world he might have been coming from. The clothes suggest a (n American/) tourist or a traveler, but where was his other luggage/suitcase? You would think there would have been abandoned stuff in a hotel room or the like. Another theory is that he came with a seaworthy sailing yacht and traveled to Milan, but what happened to the boat? The tattoo hints to Ireland, maybe Canada?...but he also could be a crook on the run..... As you can see this thread is not very "hot". I could use some help.

Unfortunately, I don't know how much help I can be in this case as I am in the US. It sounds like this gentleman may need genetic genealogy to get him identified.

@Romulus You speaking Italian, can you check out what is going on....can't see the pictures anymore. Do they have a new policy about showing PM pictures. And if you contact them could you ask if this person is identified? Grazie Mille!
I speak a bit Italian. There is no information that he was identified. The photos are down, but they are down for manu unidentified cases on this page, the title of the page “Cadaveri senza nome” is “Bodies without names”, and all the information is just the description of him and his clothes, there is nothing where it says he was identified, unfortunately...

Last edited:
I speak a bit Italian. There is no information that he was identified. The photos are down, but they are down for manu unidentified cases on this page, the title of the page “Cadaveri senza nome” is “Bodies without names”, and all the information is just the description of him and his clothes, there is nothing where it says he was identified, unfortunately...

Thanks you..in general I'm able to translate the information with Google translate. The thing is if I'm searching for additional information, for instance in this case what happened to the old site (it seems like they are into some kind of transition), or paper clippings, not knowing the language makes it more difficult. The same thing with correspondence with a medical examiner or other organizations (if you can find and entrance at all) caring for the missing and unidentified. In this cases Google translate can be of a little help but not enough to get a well written message across.

What is your opinion on the tattoo?
So, I'm not a tattoo artist, but several of my friends are. I sent them the picture of his tattoo. According to them, with the ink being bluish and the lines bleeding, that it's most likely either a homemade/prison tat or whoever did used very low quality ink. They all stated it's a pretty generic tattoo.

Thank you so much!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back