Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
[FONT=&]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

skibaboo's Case Map

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4

Interesting. I don't have an iphone, so I've been googling some very interesting apps for the iphone. Did you know you can schedule a text to be sent to a certain person at a certain time?

So, for instance, you can compose a text at 2 pm, but it will not send, or be received, until 6 pm. I find that very interesting indeed.

creepcrusher

Quote Originally Posted by jdj125 View Post
My gut tells me she left on her own. My head says.....but who would leave their kids voluntarily........

This is a tough one and I waiver constantly, but the scale tips to one side a little more for me....
Not just her kids- her entire family- her friends- her life...

I know this is a possibility. I can't understand why someone would do it, but I'm aware that it happens.

I'm still on the fence between her being taken against her will, or her leaving voluntarily.

Part of me wonders if the family has been told by LE she left on her own, but the family won't accept it. They still believe she was forced, and LE doesn't have the evidence to support it, so they're backing down.

I feel like if the evidence they have could equally go both ways they would treat it more like an abduction, for the safety of the missing person. I could easily be off base though. I'm stumped.

Creep, I have the exact same feeling. She left voluntarily and the family won't accept it. Just my opinion.

I notice that people are heading off to other threads until there is more information about Sherri. Since we all like to feel we're being productive, during this lull I'd like to encourage everyone to "adopt" an orphan thread. These are threads that are very quiet. Some of these victims aren't young and attractive like Sherri or ZuZu Verk in Alpine TX, but they are missing and their families are just as desperate as Zuzu's and Sherri's. They get overlooked by the media and WSers. Some are very current, some are growing cold. A word of support and a little sleuthing (if possible) goes a long way if family and friends are reading. Even a monthly post to bump a thread is appreciated.

For example, Stacey Smart (53) has disappeared one county away from Sherri and was reported missing the same day, but is getting almost no attention. Granted, there isn't much solid info, but Sherri's case with little info is causing us to continually spin our wheels, so we might as well do a little wheel spinning on quiet threads too. :) There are probably quiet "orphan" cases that could use our attention in each of our states or general areas. Thanks everyone!
:loveyou:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...2-October-2016

creepcrusher

My gut tells me she left on her own. My head says.....but who would leave their kids voluntarily........

This is a tough one and I waiver constantly, but the scale tips to one side a little more for me....

I know this is a possibility. I can't understand why someone would do it, but I'm aware that it happens.

I'm still on the fence between her being taken against her will, or her leaving voluntarily.

Part of me wonders if the family has been told by LE she left on her own, but the family won't accept it. They still believe she was forced, and LE doesn't have the evidence to support it, so they're backing down.

I feel like if the evidence they have could equally go both ways they would treat it more like an abduction, for the safety of the missing person. I could easily be off base though. I'm stumped.

Creep, I have the exact same feeling. She left voluntarily and the family won't accept it. Just my opinion.

There is another possibility between voluntary missing and involuntary abducted. Statistically speaking, when a woman disappears and/or is murdered, the likely culprit is husband or boyfriend. Husband has been ruled out. So....

Interesting. I don't have an iphone, so I've been googling some very interesting apps for the iphone. Did you know you can schedule a text to be sent to a certain person at a certain time?

So, for instance, you can compose a text at 2 pm, but it will not send, or be received, until 6 pm. I find that very interesting indeed.

What is the name of that app? I can so totally use it—for something lighthearted and not at all nefarious.[emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm taking my cue from some of the other posters and also leaving - too many conjectures out of thin air make for tiresome and time-wasting reading.
Let's hope this thing ends well.

creepcrusher

I'm leaning toward this as well. It could all make sense. And would certainly be the preferable option, compared to the alternatives.

I also can't shake the lack of timeline, lack of scent, lack of security footage, and the comment made by PI Garcia.

Neither LE nor family has said what the morning was like. When did Keith go to work? Who took the kids to daycare? When was the last time someone can say with absolute certainty they saw Sherri?

I'm beginning to wonder if Sherri was there on Wednesday at all.

Jmo jmo jmo

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Do you have the name of any of them? I'm curious, because I used to develop apps and this was not possible. You could pop open a text with information "pre-filled", but the user would still have to hit send.

There is another possibility between voluntary missing and involuntary abducted. Statistically speaking, when a woman disappears and/or is murdered, the likely culprit is husband or boyfriend. Husband has been ruled out. So....

That's why I'm not considering him.

Just marking my spot, not ready to give up on the case yet.
The "missing " cases haunt me the most, the not knowing has to be worse than knowing for families involved.
You can't begin to move on until you know if a person is alive or dead.

Do you have the name of any of them? I'm curious, because I used to develop apps and this was not possible. You could pop open a text with information "pre-filled", but the user would still have to hit send.
Was it confirmed that she had an iPhone? I see reports of her phone, but I don't think I've seen it stated as an iPhone, except on here.

I know my Samsung android has a built in capability to schedule text messages, so I would assume iPhones do as well.

It could have been a possibility that her 10am text may have been pre-sent by her attacker before then to make it look like everything was normal, but since she was seen later in the day that theory holds no water.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Hello~ I've been following this case I live in Redding and this has been unnerving, I read through a lot of the threads but was wondering if anyone had answers to my questions?
How far the search teams went down Sunrise Drive?
Why aren't they searching further? From what I can tell, a person could exit the road at Old Oregon Trail or Bear Mountain Rd. Bear Mt. Road leads to Shasta Lake.
Why no more searches?
I also was wondering if anyone knows what time the children were dropped off and by whom? Was the day care the last person to see and talk to her? What was her demeanor is she is the one who dropped them off?
I also wonder what activity if any was on her phone after her text to her husband? Such as; texts to friends, family, social media sites etc.
If she had an app for example "sports tracker" ?
I have read through a lot of the reports and there's a few that people reported a body being dumped at the Jones Valley dock, people finding clothing that was similar to what she was wearing etc. do we assume these reports were checked out and had no bearing on the case?

Hello~ I've been following this case I live in Redding and this has been unnerving, I read through a lot of the threads but was wondering if anyone had answers to my questions?
How far the search teams went down Sunrise Drive?
Why aren't they searching further? From what I can tell, a person could exit the road at Old Oregon Trail or Bear Mountain Rd. Bear Mt. Road leads to Shasta Lake.
Why no more searches?
I also was wondering if anyone knows what time the children were dropped off and by whom? Was the day care the last person to see and talk to her? What was her demeanor is she is the one who dropped them off?
I also wonder what activity if any was on her phone after her text to her husband? Such as; texts to friends, family, social media sites etc.
If she had an app for example "sports tracker" ?
I have read through a lot of the reports and there's a few that people reported a body being dumped at the Jones Valley dock, people finding clothing that was similar to what she was wearing etc. do we assume these reports were checked out and had no bearing on the case?
Welcome to WS, rlmatchette.

Was it confirmed that she had an iPhone? I see reports of her phone, but I don't think I've seen it stated as an iPhone, except on here.

I know my Samsung android has a built in capability to schedule text messages, so I would assume iPhones do as well.

It could have been a possibility that her 10am text may have been pre-sent by her attacker before then to make it look like everything was normal, but since she was seen later in the day that theory holds no water.

Yes. She had an iphone. Her phone was found through the iphone app.

"An iPhone, a pair of earbuds and a few strands from what’s believed to be Sherri Papini’s hair were found along a northern California jogging path."

http://wtvr.com/2016/11/08/sherri-papini-missing/

I believe it was reported he used the find my iPhone app. Also iPhones don't have the capability to send a text later- unless using an app that some have been talking about here, but the phone itself does not do that.

The only way someone can impersonate her in a text would be to sign in as her on another Apple product with her Apple ID and send a message that way or just use her phone themselves. I just don't see that happening here, but stranger things have happened I guess. I personally don't see anything hinky with the texts- for the reasons you stated and because her husband didn't mention that it was out of the ordinary to receive a text from her about lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member