GUILTY Ks - Laura Abarca-nogueda, 27, Slain, Newborn Abducted, Wichita, 17 Nov 2016 *arrest*

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Infant missing from scene of fatal shooting in W. Wichita
Missing+infant+mug.png

A 6-day-old infant is missing from the scene of the fatal shooting on N. Brunswick. The infant has been identified as Sofia Victoria Gonzalez Albarca.

Police say the infant is in a purple Cadillac with Kansas tag no. 716-GET. They say the car is north of Andover and could be headed to Kansas City.
http://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-W-Wichita-shooting-401762825.html

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

I have been doing some reading and it sounds like LE has put out an alert on the turnpike signs and KWCH is constantly scrolling the information.

I think this is the dumbest thing I have ever read. I think it is safe to assume the child is in danger when she is with someone who just killed her mother.

Police search for 6-day-old girl following deadly Wichita shooting

http://www.kake.com/story/33738903/...ay-old-girl-following-deadly-wichita-shooting

I think they mean the baby has been taken by someone who wanted a baby and will be taking care of it, as opposed to someone who is looking to abuse her.

But obviously there's danger involved, because whoever has her might kill her if they get caught and they freak out.

I think they mean the baby has been taken by someone who wanted a baby and will be taking care of it, as opposed to someone who is looking to abuse her.

But obviously there's danger involved, because whoever has her might kill her if they get caught and they freak out.
but do they know how to care for an infant?
Was the mom nursing her and she may not take to a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Usually an Amber Alert is not issued because LE does not know the type of vehicle used. In this case the vehicle type is known!

With the vehicle known, they know the owner of this vehicle too, so LE is pretty knowledgeable on who has the baby.

The fact that the mother was murdered and the baby was taken makes this scenario a very dangerous one as I see it. This baby was not taken by a loving person who wants to be a great mother/father. They know their days of freedom are limited and where they will spend the next 40 years or so.

Wonder if the father is the guilty party? The article I read just said LE had spoken with the father which doesn't give much information.

An Amber Alert fits this scenario perfectly. JMO.

Thursday evening, Woodrow provided the following explanation for why there hasn't been an Amber Alert

"One of the criteria includes knowing suspect information to be able to put out to the public At this time the Wichita Police department does not have any suspect information to put out, therefore no Amber alert can be issued at this time," Woodrow says. "The Wichita Police Department is working closely with the KBI and if any facts change, and a suspect is determined, an Amber alert will be issued immediately. Again, what's important to focus on at this time is that there is a six day old missing and we need to share this information in order to help find her."

http://www.kwch.com/content/news/One-killed-in-W-Wichita-shooting-401762825.html

Deleted I am still confused with early reports vs the latest reports.

I think I understand why they don't have an Amber Alert out:
1. They don't know who took the baby.
2. They want to talk to the man about info he may have but don't think he has the baby.
3. Someone messed up big time in the early communication of these facts (either LE or the press or both)

“She is considered missing and endangered,” Sgt. Nikki Woodrow said of the infant. “We have no leads where she’s at.”

Investigators want to talk to anyone who has any kind of relationship with the victim, Woodrow said.
That includes a man who drives a purple Cadillac with the Kansas license plate 716 GET. He is not considered a suspect, Woodrow said.

“We’re just trying to get in contact with him to see if he knows anything,” she said.
The child’s father is not a suspect in the woman’s death, Woodrow said.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/state/kansas/article115563203.html

BBM. This is very bad they have no leads :(

Thanks to everyone who posted updates.

Wish I had more to add, but I'm praying for Sofia.

WHY was mom shot? Anybody have a clue? This is crazy! KBI should be knocking on every door in the state, as well as have roadblocks set up everywhere possible. I can't imagine anybody shooting somebody with a newborn, unless they were specifically wanting to take the baby. I wonder if most of her close neighbors work during the day, and that is the reason nobody reported hearing gun fire. I hope they find her soon. I know her family has to be going crazy over a death and kidnapping.

I wonder if most of her close neighbors work during the day, and that is the reason nobody reported hearing gun fire.

There was a suicide (shot himself) a few doors down about 2 weeks ago and nobody reported gun shots. It is right next to a busy street so most noise is probably ignored/muffled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a suicide (shot himself) a few doors down about 2 weeks ago and nobody reported gun shots. It is right next to a busy street so most noise is probably ignored/muffled.

:welcome4:

Ridge is pretty busy, but I would still think a gun shot could be heard but you never know.

:welcome4:

Ridge is pretty busy, but I would still think a gun shot could be heard but you never know.

I would think so too.. but the unreported suicide that just happened on that street makes me think differently. There were multiple gunshots fired in it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back