Canada - Dog owners frantic after van carrying 15 dogs stolen,Toronto 18/11/16

dotr

Reaction score
http://www.cp24.com/news/16-dogs-inside-van-stolen-from-outside-fort-york-condo-1.3167266
A van with as many as 16 dogs inside was stolen in downtown Toronto Friday morning.
The dogs were being collected by Soulmutts Toronto Ltd., a company that offers daycare services for pets. A worker with the company left the car parked outside a condo at 215 Fort York Blvd. near Bathurst Street while he picked up a client’s dog. The plan was to take all the dogs to a local dog park.
The van was left running to keep the air conditioning on but kept the vehicle locked as they had access to a second key. However, when the worker returned, the van and the dogs were gone.
Photos

These dogs are among more than a dozen that were inside a van stolen from outside a Fort York Boulevard condo on the morning of Friday, Nov. 18, 2016.

Police are now on the lookout for a white Ford panel van with the license plate AM34 530.
They described the suspect as a white male who stands about six feet tall.

I would lose my marbles if my dog was in that van!!!

:thud:

https://www.thestar.com/news/crime/...-dogs-stolen-from-fort-york-and-bathurst.html
attachment.php

Van similar to this one pictured
Ford E150 Cargo Van.
Const. David Hopkinson said that, around 11 a.m., a staff member at SoulMutts Toronto, a local dog-walking company, was loading dogs into the company van when a man climbed in and took off.

“We just ask that if the person ditches the van, that they keep the car running and the air-conditioning on,” SoulMutts owner Alison Fodero said. “We don’t want any harm to the animals.”
Fodero was also told that police don’t believe that the van was targeted.
“I am devastated, just devastated,” Sheila O’Toole, one of the dog owners told the Star. “What kind of person would do this?”
O’Toole was returning from her lunch break Friday when she received the news that her dog, Agnes, an 8-year-old Jatzu (half Japanese Chin, half Shih Tzu), was one of the pets taken when the van was hijacked.
“I had to read the email five times. I broke down,” she said.
Among the dogs taken in the van is Simba the Shiba Inu, popular on Instagram with more than 17,000 followers.
attachment.php

Attachments

• dog-van.jpg
    dog-van.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 90
  • simbashiba.jpg
    simbashiba.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 92
Awww no, this IS AWFUL. I really hope they find the doggies safe. :candle:

Global Toronto news on tv said there were a number of these types of vans stolen in that neighborhood today

:what:

I would lose my marbles if my dog was in that van!!!

:thud:

I would too. I see people driving dogs around all the time and the worst I thought could happen is their leashes would tangle. This is so scary.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/van-dogs-stolen-1.3857608
Police are searching for a suspect described as a white male, 200 lbs, wavy blonde hair past his ears, carrying a pink Ardene bag.

Fodero is asking the person — or people — who stole the van to leave the vehicle where police can find it and make sure the dogs are okay.

"If they can leave it on a side street, or in a parking lot, or just park it and leave the van running and just leave the A/C running. We just want the dogs back," she said.
rbbm

I'm freaking out over this story. It's totally dark now. Just let the dogs go somewhere!!!! The owners are crying, panicking now and so am I.

I also take my dog to a park and see dog walkers with 16 dogs. I always wonder how they can do it. I was angry at first but now I'm just freaking out for the dogs and their owners. One dog is blind and at least one needs medication.

I have a friend who leaves her dog in her car with the car running all the time and I have told her many times that this could happen to her... my heart goes out to all of you doggy mommies and daddies!!! I Will keep all of you in my prayers because I have nine fur babies of my own and it would just kill me to not know where they are!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm freaking out over this story. It's totally dark now. Just let the dogs go somewhere!!!! The owners are crying, panicking now and so am I.

I just took a walk and it's chilly too. I hope whoever has the dogs has them inside.

I just took a walk and it's chilly too. I hope whoever has the dogs has them inside.

Poor doggies, they must be so confused, a stranger is driving the van, no trip to the park and i bet most have full bladders in a small space, and no dinner or owners home from work to greet them!
The owners of the dogs must be going crazy with worry, it is getting dark and chilly!

Hoping anyone who hears a van full of barking dogs, gets suspicious and checks it out.
Wonder if the perp parked the van in an enclosed parking lot?

I'm praying that, under the cover of darkness, the dogs will be tied up safely or locked in a tennis court together.

Are there individual pictures of all the dogs so we can be on the lookout?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/van-dogs-stolen-1.3857608
This German shepherd named Sally was inside the dog walker's van that was stolen Friday.
attachment.php

"They need food, they need water. What if it's hot in there? There's so many scenarios of things that could wrong," said De Cesare.

"Even if they're not hurt by the people, just leaving them in a van for that long can be dangerous," said De Cesare.
Pedro Barata and his wife are missing their nine-month-old German shepherd Sally.

Attachments

• sally.jpg
    sally.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 91
All the dogs are in my prayers...I can only pray that the person who stole the van does the right thing and either let the dogs go or put the van in a location that it would be found and will leave the dogs inside with the climate control set correctly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the van was what he wanted and he probably won't keep the dogs or intentionally hurt them. Although leaving them somewhere alone is hurting them. Where could he leave them?

But now that everyone is searching for the van there's probably a good chance you're right and he'll leave it and the dogs. They must be barking like crazy! Someone will hear them.

Okay, I admit I am trying to be super optimistic because I have to be.

I hope he doesn't kill them if they bark. Omg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamabee1221
Back