Man says he has rid himself of AIDS virus

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
AIDS experts called for more tests on a British man who claims his body has rid itself of the virus that causes AIDS.

Andrew Stimpson, 25, told two British newspapers that he tested positive for HIV in August 2002, but that tests 14 months later came back negative. He told the Mail on Sunday, "I can't help wondering if I hold the cure for AIDS."

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/1114britain-hiv14-ON.html

:waitasec: Hmmm interesting. I think Magic Johnson was cured too. One day he had it, the next he didn't. I thought this was in incurable disease???

The guy probably had a false postive to start with. That occurs about 12% of the time. Glad he is not still sick

MrsMush99 said:
:waitasec: Hmmm interesting. I think Magic Johnson was cured too. One day he had it, the next he didn't. I thought this was in incurable disease???

Magic Johnson just has the disease at bay, because of great medical care, pharma "cocktails," and good luck. He is not cured. The disease can be dormant for a long time and the current goal of treatment is to keep it that way. But the virus doesn't go away, at least so far, no cases have been documented in which the virus disappears. Maybe this is the first or more likely, maybe it was a false positive.

Eve

eve said:
Magic Johnson just has the disease at bay, because of great medical care, pharma "cocktails," and good luck. He is not cured. The disease can be dormant for a long time and the current goal of treatment is to keep it that way. But the virus doesn't go away, at least so far, no cases have been documented in which the virus disappears. Maybe this is the first or more likely, maybe it was a false positive.

Eve
And lets not forget the money to pay for all of those things.

Its a damn shame that you've got to be rich to get treatment. I watched the Pandemic Documentary by one of the Kennedy children about the global aids epidemic and its sickening to me that there are people getting rich off of these AIDS drugs while people who can't afford them are left to just die. All of the orphans that have been made in Africa alone could populate a small country all by themselves. I know that the United States, Canada, the UK and other countries are trying to help Africa, but they're not doing nearly enough.

Jeana (DP) said:
Its a damn shame that you've got to be rich to get treatment. I watched the Pandemic Documentary by one of the Kennedy children about the global aids epidemic and its sickening to me that there are people getting rich off of these AIDS drugs while people who can't afford them are left to just die. All of the orphans that have been made in Africa alone could populate a small country all by themselves. I know that the United States, Canada, the UK and other countries are trying to help Africa, but they're not doing nearly enough.
It would also help if the African governments would admit that there was a problem and focus on proactive education and prevention, and make a real effort to violently quash the "raping a virgin will cure you of AIDS" folklore and other witchdoctor idiocy. You can give them all the free HIV drugs in the world, but until that mentality is derailed, it will do absolutely no good.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back