GUILTY TN - Six elementary students killed in Chattanooga school bus crash, 21 Nov 2016

CarmelEyesD

Reaction score
oh NOOOOOOOOO....how heartbreaking. Those poor families. I cannot even imagine how devastated they must be...:candle:

How tragic. I can't imagine it.
🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/dead-tennessee-school-bus-crash-reports-article-1.2882616
attachment.php

[h=2]Chattanooga, Tenn., fire officials said emergency crews rushed 23 victims to the hospital after an elementary school bus crashed Monday afternoon.[/h] (Chattanooga Fire Department)
Multiple fatalities are involved in this bus crash," Chattanooga fire officials said in a statement. "However, contrary to media reports, no firm numbers have been confirmed yet." It was not immediately clear how many of the victims were children, but police said no other vehicles were involved in the crash. Assistant police chief Tracy Arnold said at a news conference that the children on the bus ranged in grade leves from kindergarten through the fifth grade.

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 706
aw man, Prayers for this community. So many dead, so many lives affected by the loss. :(

Photos released by the Chattanooga Fire Department show the bus split in half by a tree. They said several patients had to be extricated from the bus after it crashed into a home just before 3:30 p.m.

The bus driver is being questioned and is cooperating, according to WTVC.

A blood donation center in Chattanooga had a line out the door after asking for donations for crash victims.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/20-...ured-in-bus-in-crash-in-chattanooga/469327285

The Hamilton County DA's office confirmed five children were killed at the scene, and another died after being transported to the hospital.

The bus, which was carrying students from Woodmore Elementary School, crashed into a home and was lying on its side. A woman who lived in the house was reported to be uninjured.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/2016/11/21/336589/Elementary-School-Bus-Involved-In-Wreck.aspx

attachment.php

photo by Chattanooga Fire Department

Attachments

• bus crash.jpg
    bus crash.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 653
Seems every week there is a bus crash somewhere in the US.How long will it be and how many hurt or killed before seatbelts are mandatory?Schools can not pay for the revamping of schoolbuses it is too expensive so I believe the govt. should fund it instead of throwing money to other countries.
sending prayers.

Horrifying .
Life can hand people some bad cards... but losing your child has to be about the worst.

And just about the holidays here.

Wondering if speed was a factor, considering how that bus is wrapped around the tree.
But maybe not-- it looks like a residential area; so I'm assuming the bus wasn't going much over 25 mph ? Idk.

Horrifying .
Life can hand people some bad cards... but losing your child has to be about the worst.

Wondering if speed was a factor, considering how that bus is wrapped around the tree.
But maybe not-- it looks like a residential area; so I'm assuming the bus wasn't going much over 25 mph ? Idk.

BBM Some victims could be siblings too :(

Seems every week there is a bus crash somewhere in the US.How long will it be and how many hurt or killed before seatbelts are mandatory?Schools can not pay for the revamping of schoolbuses it is too expensive so I believe the govt. should fund it instead of throwing money to other countries.
sending prayers.

Seat belts aren't mandatory on school buses??! I'm not convinced they would have saved lives, looking at the damage. So sad, those poor families

Sadly, no. Seatbelts are not mandatory in American school buses. Very few districts have them.

Prayers to those affected by this awful event. Rip to those children that loss their life. :rose:

Horrifying .

Alcohol or health issue such as a heart attack, maybe? Going too fast and making a sharp turn?

I'm not sure what could have cause so much damage to the bus.

Sympathies to everyone.

Heartbreaking for everyone:( I saw this on my local news tonight. I can't imagine the emotions from the whole town.

Ever since my son was left on a bus when he was 5 and not dropped off, neither him or I like him on a bus. (There was a sub for the driver and I had to chase the bus down to get him off). My sitter or myself drive him to and from school everyday and he is now 14 yrs (has adhd, severe anxiety and very small for his age - looks like he is 9 or 10)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back