NORTHERN AND CENTRAL MISSISSIPPI
WESTERN OHIO
WESTERN AND MIDDLE TENNESSEE

SURROUNDING THE HIGH RISK AREA...THERE IS A MODERATE RISK OF SEVERE
THUNDERSTORMS FROM SOUTHERN LOWER MICHIGAN INTO LOUISIANA...SOUTHERN
MISSISSIPPI AND WESTERN ALABAMA

A WIDESPREAD AREA OF SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS...INCLUDING SOME WITH
LONG-TRACK TORNADOES AND VERY DAMAGING WIND...WILL AFFECT A LARGE
PART OF THE EAST CENTRAL U.S. LATER TODAY THROUGH WEDNESDAY MORNING.

A STRENGTHENING LOW PRESSURE AREA NOW NEARING ST LOUIS, MISSOURI
WILL TRACK NORTHEAST TO NEAR CHICAGO LATER TODAY BEFORE CONTINUING
INTO MICHIGAN TONIGHT/EARLY WEDNESDAY.

UNSEASONABLY WARM AND HUMID AIR SURGING NORTH AHEAD OF THE LOW...IN
CONJUNCTION WITH 100 MPH JET STREAM WINDS IN THE MIDDLE
TROPOSPHERE...WILL CREATE A VERY FAVORABLE ENVIRONMENT FOR SUSTAINED
ROTATING THUNDERSTORMS IN THE HIGH RISK AREA.

STORMS SHOULD FORM BEGINNING AROUND MIDDAY OVER PARTS OF
ARKANSAS...MISSOURI AND ILLINOIS. OTHER STORMS WILL QUICKLY FOLLOW
OVER PARTS OF ILLINOIS...INDIANA...KENTUCKY AND TENNESSEE.

THE SEVERE STORMS WILL MOVE AND DEVELOP VERY RAPIDLY
NORTHEASTWARD...POSING A THREAT FOR TORNADOES...DAMAGING WINDS AND
HAIL THROUGH TONIGHT AND EARLY WEDNESDAY INTO PARTS OF
MICHIGAN...OHIO...WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA...FAR WESTERN NEW YORK AND
WEST VIRGINIA. MORE ISOLATED SEVERE WEATHER MAY OCCUR THIS
AFTERNOON AND EVENING OVER THE WESTERN AND CENTRAL GULF COAST
REGION.

THIS IS POTENTIALLY A VERY DANGEROUS SITUATION. THOSE IN THE
THREATENED AREA ARE URGED TO REVIEW SEVERE WEATHER SAFETY RULES AND
TO LISTEN TO RADIO...TELEVISION...AND NOAA WEATHER RADIO FOR
POSSIBLE WATCHES...WARNINGS...AND STATEMENTS LATER TODAY.

..CORFIDI.. 11/15/2005

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/

day1otlk_2000.gif

I'm in MS and it is CRAZY weather here now.

I'm kind of getting scared. Sunday, Monday and today it was just eerily warm and dank and it was windy but not cooling.

Where I'm at, we were spared from the Hurricanes, but I hope we aren't about to "get ours" with this crazy weather. We don't have a basement or anything, just the interior rooms (bathrooms) so those of you that pray, say a little one for those of us in the path of these tornados.

We are anxiously waiting out the storms here. Have the candles ready ...fully expect our power to go out....gggrrrrrrrrrr

Really windy here today and getting windier by the minute :hand:

MidnightMyst said:
We are anxiously waiting out the storms here. Have the candles ready ...fully expect our power to go out....gggrrrrrrrrrr

Really windy here today and getting windier by the minute :hand:
If a gas line leaks, you know what's gonna happen with those candles???? Battery powered lights are better, and a radio.

Dark Knight said:
If a gas line leaks, you know what's gonna happen with those candles???? Battery powered lights are better, and a radio.

Our house is all electric...no gas line within at least 1,000 feet of us...hubby says... might pop a few windows he said ....

They keep breaking into the news about the weather here in SE Michigan, I guess we've got tornado warnings too, just south of me. I'm in the 'watch' county.

What a bad week for Mr. Pook to be out of town.

I understand Time's current top choice for the person of the year is Mother Nature. Definitely a good candidate for what changed the world most in the last year.

our local news just said we can expect a possibility of severe weather by Wed. morning in NC as it moves east out of Tenn.

DK, is this something we caused out here? Yesterday it snowed and blew enough to close I70 in the Rockies, then blew out into the open plains. At 5:30 PM (MT) yesterday it really started to blow and rain. At about midnight I couldn't sleep because of the fierce wind coming out of the west, northwest. We reportedly had gusts up to 60 mph. I live just 20 miles west of the Kansas/Colorado line and just 5 miles south of I70. It seems that we have a really good blow, then hear the following day that tornados broke out east of us.

It's the same during the tornado season. We seem to spawn the weather, but get relatively few tornados here.

I know that several years ago there was a weather question on the Weather Channel about the windiest place in the US. I was surprised when the winner was Goodland, Kansas. That's 35 miles east of us and has our nearest NOAA station.

Keep safe everyone, that is a nasty weather system

So far so good...no power outages...just really windy! and lightening

Storms to the south of us and north of us....I have to travel to Indianapolis tomorrow for work so I hope all is well in the morning :/

Really windy here, too ... it stormed here earlier today, but the rain stopped.Stay safe and warm, everyone.

shopper said:
I'm in MS and it is CRAZY weather here now.

I'm kind of getting scared. Sunday, Monday and today it was just eerily warm and dank and it was windy but not cooling.

Where I'm at, we were spared from the Hurricanes, but I hope we aren't about to "get ours" with this crazy weather. We don't have a basement or anything, just the interior rooms (bathrooms) so those of you that pray, say a little one for those of us in the path of these tornados.
----------

Hi Shopper.I am in Ohio near Cleveland.We have tornado watches up til I believe midnight.We have had the same weather as you.Without a basement the safest place is supposed to be a closet or the bathroom.I was in a tornado in '53 and trust me if you not half way to the basement as it nears,one will never make it down there.It is windy here right now but still fairly warm.

Pook said:
They keep breaking into the news about the weather here in SE Michigan, I guess we've got tornado warnings too, just south of me. I'm in the 'watch' county.

What a bad week for Mr. Pook to be out of town.
-------------

Hi Pook,we are getting the warnings also.I'm near Cleveland.I'm in watch also.Scary feeling!! Take care.

North Michigan here...power has been on/off /on/off/on and we are about to get some halacious storms. This is 3rd major windstorm in 4 days. I seldom ever use the word eerie,but it truly is the only one to describe today/tonite.
Good luck everyone...God Bless and keep safe.

All of you in harms way do me a favor. Get off this thing do not need anyone ZAPPED

NanaMcZoo said:
North Michigan here...power has been on/off /on/off/on and we are about to get some halacious storms. This is 3rd major windstorm in 4 days. I seldom ever use the word eerie,but it truly is the only one to describe today/tonite.
Good luck everyone...God Bless and keep safe.
------------
Well I checked it out.Storms due to hit after midnight.We now have 68 degrees out there.It will drop to about 44 and tomorrow rain/snow..I never stay on line once I see lightning in the offing, all take care.

AP-Severe Weather (Tops)

Weather system sweeping eastern half of nation generates storms, tornadoes

UNDATED (AP) - Severe thunderstorms rolling across the nation's midsection have produced funnel clouds that tore off roofs and destroyed or damaged buildings in at least four states.

Some of the most violent weather has been in western and central Tennessee, where a dozen tornadoes have been spotted. The worst damage happened about 90 west of Nashville. The Henry County Sheriff's Department says some homes were destroyed. A county official says a tornado made a direct hit on Henry County's emergency management center. Authorities say 13 people in the area were treated for injuries.

In western Kentucky, storms leveled homes and toppled power lines. A hospital spokeswoman in Madisonville says at least 22 people were treated for storm-related injuries.

Funnel clouds were also sighted in Indiana and Illinois.

Is it just me or what? After living in Texas most my life this just seems normal during seasonal changes and/or bad storms. In any case, I sure hope those in the storms path stay safe!!!! I guess this is a biggie....our's come in waves and I don't pay any attention to the warnings (except for at night when I need to bring my kids down) :crazy:

edited to add.....I guess it's all what you're use to. I certainly hope everyone stays safe!!!!!

AP-Severe Weather (Tops)

Damage in four states from severe weather; at least one death

PARIS, Tenn. (AP) - Extensive damage and at least one death are reported from severe thunderstorms in the nation's midsection. Storms late Tuesday spun off tornados that destroyed or damaged buildings in Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky and Tennessee. Emergency workers in Kentucky's Marshall County report one death and nearly two-dozen people hurt. No word yet on how the person died, just that the death was storm-related.

Tennessee saw some of the worst damage, with funnel clouds spotted in a dozen counties. A spokeswoman for Henry County west of Nashville describes destruction there as major. One twister struck the county's emergency management center.

Deputies in Montgomery County, Tennessee, report a young girl survived unharmed after her trailer tumbled down a hill. Forecasters warn of more bad weather to come as a cold front continues to collide with warm, unstable air.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back