GUILTY TN - Emma Walker, 16, fatally shot, Knox Co, 21 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

LozDa

Reaction score
6b6a0065bd3405ed9c16669a0c2365f7.jpg

A Central High School cheerleader found dead Monday and the Maryville College football player*charged with killing her had ended their romance in recent weeks, although he refused to accept the breakup, the victim's aunt said.

William Riley Gaul, 18, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of 16-year-old Emma Jane Walker, who was fatally shot in her bedroom while she slept, according to the Knox County Sheriff's Office.

http://knoxne.ws/2gjMzsV

Click-baity title but pretty good roundup of the information available from MSM:
http://heavy.com/news/2016/11/willi...maryville-football-player-murder-cheerleader/

RIP Emma.

KCSO: Central High School cheerleader shot twice through house wall

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...heerleader-twice-through-house-wall/94724926/

Authorities said William Gaul knew precisely where to aim two rounds from a 9mm pistol through the house siding to strike his former girlfriend as she slept in her North Knox County home.

MacLean said Walker's father, 46-year-old Mark Joseph Walker, heard a sound he associated with a slamming door, prompting him to check on his daughter. Authorities did not say what time of night that occurred.

Walker's father apparently peered into her bedroom and assured himself she appeared to be asleep in her bed.

Jill Andrea Walker, 45, the teen's mother, discovered her daughter dead in bed, records show.

I have been around this boy a few times. He was a friend of my neighbor's son, and they just graduated from Central in May. This is just so unbelievable.

KCSO: Central High School cheerleader shot twice through house wall

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/...heerleader-twice-through-house-wall/94724926/

Authorities said William Gaul knew precisely where to aim two rounds from a 9mm pistol through the house siding to strike his former girlfriend as she slept in her North Knox County home.

MacLean said Walker's father, 46-year-old Mark Joseph Walker, heard a sound he associated with a slamming door, prompting him to check on his daughter. Authorities did not say what time of night that occurred.

Walker's father apparently peered into her bedroom and assured himself she appeared to be asleep in her bed.

Jill Andrea Walker, 45, the teen's mother, discovered her daughter dead in bed, records show.

I have been around this boy a few times. He was a friend of my neighbor's son, and they just graduated from Central in May. This is just so unbelievable.

There's a lot of stuff on Twitter about the case. It's how I saw about it. Due to the age of the couple, a lot of their lives played out on social media, so there's stuff being posted by friends etc.

Obviously I can't bring anything over from SM as fact but it seems her close friends aren't too surprised it was him who was arrested for it.

So, so sad. Just utterly tragic. However, I'm not of the opinion that too much sympathy should be spent on him, even as young as he is. This wasn't a mistake, it was cold, calculated murder whilst she was asleep. If that's how he responds at 18 to not getting something he wants, I can't even begin to imagine what the future would bring.

The poor mother... and the poor father for having checked too! My thoughts are with them. [emoji20]

I also spent time on social media. Riley Gaul seemed to have a charmed high school life. He was a football star, good student, supportive Mother, and very pretty cheerleader girlfriend. One tweet stated "I'm going places and taking you with me."

But he did not get into a top "football school." And his first semester at college seemed to bring him crashing down to earth. As a freshman, he was no big man on campus, certainly no football star. Yet, back at his old high school...his old team was having a fantastic season...and are actually headed to the playoffs.

His victim was only entering her junior year, and she was coming into her own "power." Emma was exceedingly pretty, very popular and having a exciting, fun autumn...cheering for the team.

Two weeks before Riley killed her, she broke up with him. He tweeted, "I'd give anything to have it ALL back again." The great high school life he once had...was in the past.

The murder seems premeditated. I have no pity for him, but it is a tragic story all around.

Maryville College football player indicted in Central cheerleader's slaying

http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/crime/2017/01/23/maryville-football-player-faces-7-count-indictment/96953068/

A Knox County grand jury has indicted a former Maryville College football player accused in a fatal obsession with a 16-year-old Central High School cheerleader who had broken off their relationship.

William Riley Gaul, 18, faces a seven-count indictment in the November shooting death of Emma Jane Walker, including charges of first-degree murder, especially aggravated stalking and tampering with evidence.

Walker, a cheerleader at Central High School who had recently ended her relationship with Gaul, was fatally struck by a bullet Gaul allegedly fired from outside the Cardindale Drive home in North Knox County into her bedroom while she slept.

An arraignment date was not immediately available Monday. Gaul is being held in jail in lieu of a $1 million bond.

How dare he.
What a monster, to post messages about "love" and inferring they'll be together in the 'next life'.
That's not love. It's hate.

Premeditated and cold. Surely he had to plan this out, walk/drive to her house --and even the gun belonged to someone else --if I'm reading that correctly. So theft was involved as well ?

And it looks like he was stalking her before the murder.

As if he was in a demonic rage for some time --that she had the "nerve" to break up with HIM.
Can barely stand to see his face in articles-- make me want to puke.

And what if he gets out some day ? What if his next door neighbors do something he disagrees with ? What if he has kids and they do something that angers him ? Will he murder them as well ?
Gahhh !!!

Reading cases like this makes one understand why some people take the law into their own hands.

So sorry your life was brutally taken, Emma. May justice be swift and as harsh as the law allows.

His family had to have money, or equity in a home that they could put up for the $100,000 it would take to bond him out. With Emma's close friends saying they aren't surprised he was the one arrested, I'm surprised no one saw something terrible coming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just from looking at FB...doesn't look at all like family money. But the grandfather may live on a farm...think I read that...and if it's been in the family...maybe that's what was used for collateral.
Somewhere he seems to have gotten an exaggerated opinion of himself. But the first weeks of college seem to have burst that bubble. Bet he just sat on the bench.

The grandfather seems to have been suspicious about the gun going missing after he loaned him the car. Why didn't he tell the police what he suspected? Now Emma is dead and his grandson has thrown his own life away.

Trial date set for teen accused of murdering his ex-girlfriend

http://www.wbir.com/news/crime/trial-date-set-for-ex-maryville-college-football-player-accused-of-murder/407854670

The trial for a Knox County teen charged in the fatal shooting of his former high school girlfriend is set to begin on August 1.

William Riley Gaul, 18, faces a seven-count indictment, which includes first-degree murder, aggravated stalking, theft, tampering with evidence, reckless endangerment, employing a firearm during a dangerous felony and felony murder.

Has he entered a plea yet? I can't find anything to suggest he has, but assume he's pleading not guilty.... [emoji849]

Anyone know?

Has he entered a plea yet? I can't find anything to suggest he has, but assume he's pleading not guilty.... [emoji849]

Anyone know?

Today was scheduled for his arraignment see here for details. Per Tennessee Courts Producedure he would enter his plea at this event. The court record has not been updated as of yet. Maybe MSM has picked up on what happened inside the court room.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back