UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Before continuing, please take some time to review The Rules Forum.
In particular, the Social Media Thread and the Etiquette & Information Thread.

It is each member's responsibility to become familiar with and post in accordance of Websleuths' Rules and Terms of Service.

PLEASE NOTE:

Corrie's personal Facebook account is set to private. If you have access to it or get in a back way, you may not post what you find. Private means private!

The tax status of Corrie's car is irrelevant and off limits.

If you state something as fact, you must provide a link to an approved source (LE/MSM) to back it up. If you can't link it, you can't post it.

If you have a concern about a post or see a post in violation of Websleuths' Rules or TOS, please hit the alert button to report it. Do not quote or reply to the post. If a moderator removes the post, replies are subject to removal as well.

And lastly, please remember that Corrie's family members are victims. Their worlds have been turned upside down and they are desperate to find their loved one. The last thing we want to do is add to their pain. Criticizing them or any aspect of their updates will not be tolerated, and sleuthing their personal social media accounts is strictly against the rules.

Please post respectfully and responsibly.

The fb page is showing someone in black needing identifying and I just wonder if it could be one of the town pastors who patrol in Bury at night. They have surely been interviewed? Does anyone know? They would also know what goes on in the horseshoe area late at night possibly or have even seen something/someone.

The fb page is showing someone in black needing identifying and I just wonder if it could be one of the town pastors who patrol in Bury at night. They have surely been interviewed? Does anyone know? They would also know what goes on in the horseshoe area late at night possibly or have even seen something/someone.

Apparently the loitering light man is the same person who leaves the horseshoe area minutes after Corrie enters, so him stopping to watch the man running would seem significant to see if he stopped?

But if that was the case it would me there was something in that horseshoe area to see and we all know there's no evidence of an altercation. Curious.

I can't see the big problem just track the people on CCTV before and after, easy job to just go to next camra before and after and see ware they were and what they were doing,

I can't see the big problem just track the people on CCTV before and after, easy job to just go to next camra before and after and see ware they were and what they were doing,
Yeah of course but that's boring and wont keep the story in the media. I have to say I am beginning to feel a bit sorry for Suffolk constabulary. The RAF on the other hand who don't seem to have a clue what their people get up to at weekends are getting off lightly at the moment it seems.

Quick Poll results

Hook up gone bad - 21
Evaded cameras and accident on way home - 14
AWOL - 9
Accident and cover up - 8
Suicide - 1
Abduction - 1
Terrorism - 0

And finally, 7 of you "hate quick polls" (but you all voted :giggle:)

Amonet

I can't reply directly to your post as the previous page is now closed. You asked why Corrie couldn't have just told his CO he wanted out, but when you sign up to the services you can't just pack up and go. That's exactly why some people go AWOL. If they could just jack their jobs in they would, but they can't. I believe they can buy themselves out, but I'm unsure as to the cost and if the request is always granted.

Secondly, maybe Corrie wanted to go AWOL from life? Just like thousands of people do every year, and it's simply coincidental that he was in the services.

The Truth Will Out

The waste/refuse bins can be completely discounted. The WHOLE area was searched forensically, and there were no traces of Corrie - let alone a body. Further, IF Corrie was in one of the bins he'd have been discovered when emptying it. A 5"11" 90kg man can't get missed amongst general waste and rubbish.

Jessie

You mentioned that Corrie's pockets were full/bulging, so he must have had his phone in his pocket. Maybe two phones? No-one knows. Men usually carry just their phone, wallet and keys, so perhaps you've picked up on something there....why did his pockets look so full and bulging?

Haynat21

You said that Nicola wrote that she was upset no-one pointed out this man who supposedly hid? She was at the hub - why didn't she make sure it was pointed out? But looking at that footage it's hard to determine if it is a person - it could just be shadows from the buildings.

But let's suppose there were two men (the man running and the man supposedly hiding) Just because they were in the vicinity it doesn't mean they're connected to Corrie's disappearance. After all, Corrie wasn't spotted or caught on CCTV being carried away by two men, which means he couldn't be connected to these men in the way some people are suggesting. Uncle Tony insists you can't leave the area on foot without being captured on CCTV, therefore, neither can two men carrying a person or body leave the area without being captured on camera,

If this "hiding man" was hiding - and simply not standing back in a doorway (like people do when they're waiting for someone) - there could be a perfectly innocent explanation for why these men were there. Maybe they were friends and had a row, maybe one was dealing in drugs, maybe one had stolen something from the other...there's many reasons why people run or stand back in the shadows.

Of course, there is the possibility that Corrie himself was waiting for one of these men, hence why he hung around for 25 minutes after snoozing in the doorway. Who's to say Corrie hadn't made arrangements to meet the man lurking in the shadows earlier than 03:30, and the man arrived late? That would be why Corrie himself was waiting. That could also be why Corrie didn't go straightaway to the end of the pedestrian walk as one would when they're waiting for someone - because he knew CCTV would capture him obviously waiting for someone- and he had to remain in the doorway to avoid being seen.

That would account for Corrie's unusual body language when he ran down to the end, turned left, stopped abruptly, looked around, looked up at the CCTV camera, then put his head DOWN and walked into what he must have known was a dead-end. He wasn't going to pee - men busting to go don't run for one thing - and as it appears he left his food wrappers in the doorway who's to say he didn't pee in there too? In fact, that's exactly where men do choose to pee - in doorways. So......taking all that on board, there's a great possibility Corrie was waiting for that "hiding man" . And the fact after just FOUR minutes a figure emerged in dark clothing from the spot Corrie had gone to, suggests to me that Corrie put more clothes on (possibly brought there by this hiding man), threw his phone in the bin after putting his second SIM in another phone, then simply walked out. Easy as that.

You do have a very valid point, just the uncle tony thing with the CCTV , he said that it was inposible to walk out in the early weeks, now they are changing tune maybe after 8 maybe he bi may be not, I did notice one think when uncle tony was asked about corrie being gay, bi or what ever it's always a flat no he is not , then saw an itivew he did when he said he didn't know what he got up to as he kept him self to him self, food for thort maybe,

So now we have

# The police refusing to publish CCTV captures in the public domain of people they wish to identify, however they will "show the public" in their port-a-cabin. Technically that's still "publishing".

# Nicola complaining about the lack of police funding whilst also noting that the police are failing to point out people whom she believes maybe key witnesses. (Is that a complaint about "lack of funding" or "incompetence" or both ?).

# Absolutely no apparent chronological order to CCTV captures...blamed again on the police lacking funding to do this (?).

We have the heady mix of...

British Serviceman meets
Expensive yet lacking CCTV coverage, meets
Under funded police yet incompetent police force, meets
Calls for people to write to the Home Secretary.

All we need now is a complaint that people could get to Bury because of a poor bus service....and "that's a bingo" !

It's starting to sound like a Party Political "Bun Fight".
Do we have an "unidentified asylum seeker" yet ?

"Discharge as of Right (DAOR). When a recruit joins the Army on VEng, they have a statutory right to leave within a certain window. For over 18s they must give their Commanding Officer 14 days notice of their intention to leave once they have completed 28 working days2. Their window to submit their notice closes at the three month point. For under 18s, the soldier can effectively give notice to leave at any point up until their 18th birthday having gone through the appropriate discharge procedure3, however, unless approved by the Commanding Officer, discharge would not normally occur before the 42 day window detailed above. The right to DAOR is separate to other administrative discharges such as those required for compassionate, medical or disciplinary reasons.

Minimum Commitment Period / Termination from the Regular Army. Once the DAOR window has closed, a soldier is committed to serve a minimum of four years service from their date of enlistment or their 18th birthday if later. A soldier must give 12 months notice to end their engagement early and the earliest they can do this is after three years service. This is known as Notice to Terminate (NTT). If they do not submit their NTT or are discharged for some other matter (e.g. for medical or discipline reasons), the soldier will leave at the end of their engagement, unless they convert to the next career stage as detailed above."

https://www.army.mod.uk/documents/general/TermsofService.pdf

I thought this information might be useful in discussion about leaving the army and going AWOL being a possibility. It doesn't look like it is possible to buy your way out from the research I have done.

Post #989 on the last thread

"Nicola has just posted on the facebook page "If you remember the man that runs down past where corrie walked in. You see the man walk out just before the running man goes but. He then tried to hide as the running man goes by. I would say he is of the utmost importance to identify. So I'm quite upset if he wasn't pointed out to you". I am intrigued as to why he is so important?"

Well, at least now that makes sense.
If the running man passes at 3.40am and Corrie passes at 3.25am, if that is correct... then it is "assumed" that the person in the shadows was also stood there when Corrie past.

Maybe "he" was selling a bit of "Peruvian marching powder".
Maybe "she" was selling "special favours to gentlemen".
It's the type of location that would suit both types of trade.

Thanks Midsummers and TheTruth. I could make it out clearly with the enhanced close ups...
....and you do see the "step forward" that Nicola talks of on the Anglia TV clip. There must be more of that clip in the port-a-pod as you don't see that person "hide" as the "Running Man" passes.

But "needing" that person to come forward only gives rise to the issue that there are "holes" in the CCTV footage.
They are eluding to the possibility that the person in the shadows is possibly more helpful than the cameras.

And from the looks of the changing positions/angles of the camera located at Geernwoods, it does suggest it is possible for a person or vehicle to pass from the loading bay area into Short Brackland proper completely unseen by that camera.

The CCTV footage (that which has been released) probably confirms that there are more unanswered questions.... than it answers.

I think the "Rock Apes" (RAF Regiment) sign for 9 years.
And you can apply to terminate after 3 years. If that application is accepted, you have 18 months notice to do. Forms 308 and 75 will be quoted at you (they gave them to you and you signed them !).

It depends on manning levels IF your application is actually accepted. It may well be refused.

Remember the post on FB by TW that states that Corrine was taken.

Why was he so certain then, yet that seems to have softened?

I watched some footage from it via fb yesterday. Couldn't generate a link to share externally. Let me see if I can find it.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Post #989 on the last thread

"Nicola has just posted on the facebook page "If you remember the man that runs down past where corrie walked in. You see the man walk out just before the running man goes but. He then tried to hide as the running man goes by. I would say he is of the utmost importance to identify. So I'm quite upset if he wasn't pointed out to you". I am intrigued as to why he is so important?"

Well, at least now that makes sense.
If the running man passes at 3.40am and Corrie passes at 3.25am, if that is correct... then it is "assumed" that the person in the shadows was also stood there when Corrie past.

Maybe "he" was selling a bit of "Peruvian marching powder".
Maybe "she" was selling "special favours to gentlemen".
It's the type of location that would suit both types of trade.

Thanks Midsummers and TheTruth. I could make it out clearly with the enhanced close ups...
....and you do see the "step forward" that Nicola talks of on the Anglia TV clip. There must be more of that clip in the port-a-pod as you don't see that person "hide" as the "Running Man" passes.

But "needing" that person to come forward only gives rise to the issue that there are "holes" in the CCTV footage.
They are eluding to the possibility that the person in the shadows is possibly more helpful than the cameras.

And from the looks of the changing positions/angles of the camera located at Geernwoods, it does suggest it is possible for a person or vehicle to pass from the loading bay area into Short Brackland proper completely unseen by that camera.

The CCTV footage (that which has been released) probably confirms that there are more unanswered questions.... than it answers.

Nicola is talking about a different running man. One we haven't seen because it was only in the pod and not the released footage.

The man they're referring to runs in the opposite direction so past the horseshoe and down the road Corrie came from. The man that wasn't pointed out in the pod comes out of the horseshoe area then ducks back in as 'running man 2' goes past.

I still the cctv is appealing for witnesses and not people involved, because a vehicle has to be involved to transport Corrie from the area to avoid cameras. I do think it's possible to avoid the greenwoods camera based on the footage we've seen but I also think to avoid other cctv there's still the need for the vehicle.

Perhaps they need a witness statement to place Corrie in a particular vehicle because they have yet more vehicles with no forensic evidence, possible due to missing vehicles due to the way the movement tracking works. If a man runs the opposite way the camera would zoom in on him running down.

In fact, a man running down and then another running up within 15 minutes would suggest deliberately trying to evade cctv. If you know by running the length the camera will zoom in on you, you know that horseshoe will be uncovered. One down to get in and one up to get out with a loitering man to signal the vehicle when the running person is in the right places. Now isn't that interesting.

Why would you do that? The man we see doesn't have his good up, suggestive of breaking the law by harming someone? I don't think so. If this is the case or more than suggests a plan to evade cctv, which in my opinion would point to awol. Who goes to that lengths to kidnap someone from a camera protected area opposed to picking someone up in a more private area?

This is the second running man I think?
51d5278338b58cc738122d288cae57d1.jpg

It's like the same camera which captures the first running man and the person in the shadows then pans round to capture the 2nd running man but I can't actually tell if the 2 things happen consecutively. Any ideas?

Edit: no I'm being ridiculous - different camera because it has the same hanging basket seen from different angles.

Could the two running men be the same person?

The person in the shadows... I dont know. I can't think of a non nefarious reason to be lurking around there.

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

Nicola is talking about a different running man. One we haven't seen because it was only in the pod and not the released footage.

The man they're referring to runs in the opposite direction so past the horseshoe and down the road Corrie came from. The man that wasn't pointed out in the pod comes out of the horseshoe area then ducks back in as 'running man 2' goes past.

Ah ! There's people running everywhere around there...either that or popping in and out of shadows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123