TKS S1 E6: "A Killer on the Road".

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
This thread is for discussion of Episode 6, "A Killer on the Road". I'll unlock it a few minutes before 9 Central/10 Eastern.

:bump: Episode 6 begins in anout five minutes.

Sad that so many murdered and/or missing women all across USA. "Long Haul Murder" Truck drivers & there are a lot of psycho truck drivers out there. Yes, truck stops are more dangerous than the streets! I used to be a cashier at a truck stop in Kansas & I've dealt with some men that clearly have issues with women period. I've had questionable persons at the truck stop I worked at arrested by local law enforcement. The truck drivers that really had an issue with women were Russian truck drivers. They berated & were violently yelling at you. All they had to do was drop an "F" bomb & my boss said I could refuse service and/or call the police on them which I've done often. The truck stop I worked at was alongside I-35 in Kansas. I worked the graveyard shift & was the only cashier in the store. In other part of truck stop was 2 restaurant workers (cook & waitress) a janitor & in a separate building was two workers a mechanic & his parts/counter person. Luckily my common-law live in boyfriend was the mechanic in the shop in a separate building. If I had a problem with a truck driver I would use telephone intercom paging system & call for immediate assistance to the store. His cashier/parts person would call me & warn me of potential problem customers & I would do the same for them. No offense intended for the truck drivers out there that are honest, hardworking people just trying to make a living but, there are some creepy ones too. Sometimes a truck driver would use his fuel card at the pump & the transaction would fail after he had fueled some $700 to $800 worth of fuel & I would run out to their truck & one time to get the trucker's attention stepped up on his step to the truck & knocked on his window. I would inform them their transaction had failed & they needed to come inside to remedy their fuel transaction. I thought after several encounters like this that I was putting myself in danger but, I was not about to have a drive off of that magnitude (never had any). A Note for WebSleuths to look into is "The Texas Killing Fields." Bodies dropped within a mile of Interstate 45 in Texas. Many of these remain unsolved & is possibly more than one serial killer.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_Killing_Fields_(location)

the long-hauler phenomena will NEVER stop,even if ViCAP was perfect----the victim pool is self-perpetuating and basically never-ending----It's like trying to keep sharks from eating fish

Hi, just registered and watching the show for the first time. I have a couple of degrees in criminal justice so I will be responding some about some things that may be important, but could possibly be overlooked. I do agree that there are many, many serial killers all over the country.

Watching "the killing season- A killer on the road" just starting this episode! I just want to say that Joshua Zeman and Rachel Mills are doing amazing work! Your bravery astounds me! Y'all are going into to some scary situations to help these forgotten women and men receive justice. Thank you for your dedication to these cases and for all you do! I applaud you both! My jaw dropped when I saw all of those red dots pop up all over the nation. Praying there is some justice found for these victims!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I had a friend when I was a kid who's dad was a long-haul trucker and was murdered. The killer was never caught. I know when I traveled in the military to a new duty station I made sure I was lock and loaded at truck stops and rest areas. A gal has to protect herself and knowing how many serial killers out there, I protected myself!

With the huge possibility that many of these murders are committed by long haul truck drivers, why don't they do a DNA- swab on each trucker. Make it mandatory. No DNA- sample no license to drive a big rig. I mean this amount of murders needs to be looked at long and hard. I have a feeling if they could get DNA- from them all, most of these murders would be solved.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

What a brave girl! She has most likely saved many lives..

-Nin

So glad Heather survived Neal Falls! God Blessed her with Life & She Was the End to His Terror.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back