MN - Al Loehlein, 95, murdered In his Anoka home, 28 Nov 2016 *Arrest*

JoeFromLB

Reaction score
Horrible...

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/28/anoka-elderly-man-killed/

ANOKA, Minn. (WCCO) — A family is asking for the public’s help after a 95-year-old Anoka man, and former WCCO Radio employee, was killed inside his home.
Relatives said Al Loehlein’s family dropped him off at his home on Thanksgiving night.
Monday morning, a family member found his body inside his house.
Police said Loehlein was the victim of a homicide, and his home had been ransacked.

I cannot imagine what kind of person would hurt a 95 year old man. I hope they catch this and lock him up forever!

From the link in the OP:

Police said there did not appear to be any forced entry.
Investigators do have one lead to go on.
Someone saw a man standing in Al Loehlein’s driveway Saturday morning.
But the description is vague.
The witness says the man was simply dressed in winter clothing.

[snipped]

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/11/28/anoka-elderly-man-killed/

Was a car also parked in his driveway Saturday AM? The man may have been only checking on Al.

Did anyone have contact with Al on Friday?

Did the family member who drove Al home Thanksgiving night enter the house or only watch Al enter and close the door? Could he have walked in on a robbery in progress?

Hopefully, there are security cameras in the area that will lead to the killer.

Not a very large town. Would probably be a miracle if there are cameras in the area. Wonder when anybody last talked to him? I have an uncle, age 92, who lives alone, but he knows everybody in town, so even if he stays home, due to weather, or something, somebody will be calling him every day. However, I am still concerned about him. Not many people his age are able to live on their own. He drove a school bus until he was 87 or 88! He's been blessed with good health, so we're lucky there.
I am still in shock over the idea that somebody could come in and beat this man, or any elderly person for that matter. Would have to be somebody who has turned into a monster. At least my uncle lives in a town with about 3500 people. And he probably knows 75% of them.

ARREST! www.Minnesota.cbslocal.com>2016/12/01, and
www.twincities.com>2016/12/01
:applause::highfive::cat::cat:

P.S. sorry! I don't have much luck posting articles.

Suspect In Brutal Killing Of Elderly Man Charged With 1st-Degree Murder
An Anoka County grand jury indicted a 27-year-old man Tuesday of more serious charges in connection to the murder of a 95-year-old man during a home invasion last November.

The county attorney’s office says Isaiah Montrell Thomas was previously charged last December with two counts of second-degree murder, but he now faces two counts of first-degree murder and a count of second-degree murder.

Man Pleads Guilty to Murder of 95-Year-Old Anoka Man

Isaiah Montrell Thomas pleaded guilty to first-degree murder Tuesday. He was indicted by a grand jury in April.

Thomas' case was expected to go to trial on April 9. He will be sentenced that day instead.

http://www.fox9.com/news/thomas-pleads-guilty-to-murdering-95-year-old-anoka-man

“This was a horrendous crime, committed on a very vulnerable man, that shocked and saddened this community” said Tony Palumbo, Anoka County Attorney. “After discussions with Mr. Loehlein’s family, we feel this was an appropriate conclusion to the legal aspect of this tragedy.”

<snipped>

"Our Family supports the decision to accept the first degree murder guilty plea. This plea helps to bring closure for us. We want to remember the good long life that Dad lived."

Life in prison for man who killed 95-year-old Anoka resident

http://www.startribune.com/repeat-felon-faces-sentencing-today-in-murder-of-wwii-veteran/479136593/

Albert Loehlein made wine from grapes grown in his backyard in Anoka, logged his own trees for the fireplace and made rugs with his mother’s loom set up in the basement.

At 95, he could barely see or hear, but wished to live independently in the home he bought in 1945. It was there that he and his wife, Hannah, raised six children. Loehlein cared for Hannah there as she succumbed to cancer several years ago.

“He didn’t want to be anywhere else,” his son, Timothy Loehlein, said in Anoka County District Court on Monday. “He loved being there.”

Isaiah M. Thomas lived six blocks away. Over Thanksgiving weekend in 2016, Thomas crept into the WWII veteran’s home, beat him to death with a flashlight and a clock that he pawned for $22.50. On Monday, he was sentenced to life in prison, with a chance of parole after 30 years.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back