Baby awakes from coma as doctors prepared to end life support

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
1-year-old wakes from coma, just as doctors prepared to end life support

By Inside Edition

Posted: 12:42 PM, November 29, 2016

A 1-year-old twin girl awoke from a coma, just as doctors and family members were preparing to take her off life support.*

In a video posted to Facebook, little Marwa, from Marseilles, France, could be seen with her eyes wide open, and smiling as her father repeated her name...*

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/...-just-as-doctors-prepared-to-end-life-support

OMG, how can this happen. The would have seen no brain activity to come up with this decision.

Seems as if she wasn't brain dead, the doctors just wanted to stop providing her with a breathing machine possibly due to hospital finances.

"“Doctors think she will never be able breathe on her own,” her father, Mohamed Bouchenafa, wrote online, including that she may not walk or eat on her own.

The family then started a social media campaign to raise support for Marwa, whose twin sister is named Safa.

Even though they community gained more than 100,000 supporters, Bouchenafa said the hospital was going through budget issues, and doctors said they would turn off life support within a week."

Okay, so I have my doubts - I see a Facebook post and a petition and no actual news source or MSM report. No quotes from a doctor or hospital representative. The clickonDetroit article uses quotes from her father as the only source. Am I missing something?

Doctors put her in an induced coma after an aggressive virus attacked her nervous system, but after months of respiratory assistance, doctors suggested it was time to turn off life support.

“Doctors think she will never be able breathe on her own,” her father, Mohamed Bouchenafa, wrote online, including that she may not walk or eat on her own.

I'm happy this little girl is okay, of course, but the story leaves me with a lot of questions.

Baby girl wakes from a coma after father fought French doctors' attempts to switch off her life support*

Marwa had been in an induced coma since September after having a virus*

Doctors wanted to switch her machine off but her family battled them

A court order gave Marwa a 2 month extension of care from the device

And she woke up just 10 days later, defying all medical expectations

By Stephen Matthews For Mailonline
Published: 07:56 EST, 28 November 2016 | Updated: 10:46 EST, 28 November 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...switch-life-support-machine-court-battle.html

Okay, so I have my doubts - I see a Facebook post and a petition and no actual news source or MSM report. No quotes from a doctor or hospital representative. The clickonDetroit article uses quotes from her father as the only source. Am I missing something?

"Doctors put her in an induced coma after an aggressive virus attacked her nervous system, but after months of respiratory assistance, doctors suggested it was time to turn off life support.
“Doctors think she will never be able breathe on her own,” her father, Mohamed Bouchenafa, wrote online, including that she may not walk or eat on her own
."

I'm happy this little girl is okay, of course, but the story leaves me with a lot of questions.

bluesneakers
TYVM.
^ Exactly ^
Articles state what the father said the doctors said.
Who knows, without actual documents from hosp and/or court proceedings.

As you said, I'm happy this little girl has improved, but I've got some unanswered big questions.

There has been many 'part' news articles surfing almost like a benign post. Or almost long forgotton and opps best we update this kinda. Or time has passed a g o f u n d m e page had been set up funds raised work ongoing. Sometimes like myself. I have lived all over the world. But I married a Soldier. And with that I married the Army too. But many families are moved 100s of miles apart for what ever reason. And even with the best of intentions having a very sick child with no other siblings can be so demanding physically and mentally more so if hubby is away in an active area. You run by wire almost so updating web blogs is almost the last thing going thru yr head. If you've got other children in tow. Then blimey it gets crazy. And yr on overdrive.
Until some kind soul steps jn n says 'hey do you want me to keep the blog up to date?' And yr like phewwws ty plz lol.

Also there could be other reasons.. maybe not so happy chirpy ones. Its to be expected. Not all heal completely, some have life changing experiences. Some gain some more fun time with families to make more memories. And then some gain their Angel wings.
Life is strange. People stranger still. Sometimes silence says volumes. And other times silence is an eerie conspiracy theorist..
But we only have 1 life.. on this earth. Live it!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Baby girl wakes from a coma after father fought French doctors' attempts to switch off her life support*

Marwa had been in an induced coma since September after having a virus*

Doctors wanted to switch her machine off but her family battled them

A court order gave Marwa a 2 month extension of care from the device

And she woke up just 10 days later, defying all medical expectations

By Stephen Matthews For Mailonline
Published: 07:56 EST, 28 November 2016 | Updated: 10:46 EST, 28 November 2016

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/a...switch-life-support-machine-court-battle.html
And..... also. Ive noticed of late. An awful lot of these 'mysteries and mysterious births, mysterious illnesses etc etc' are from areas in India.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back