Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sillybilly

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

[FONT=&amp]Missing Person Sherri Papini[/FONT]
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

As of today, November 23, 2016, the ransom offer deadline has passed, and is now being offered as "$100,000 Reward for the Person Who Leads Us to Sherri Papini.":

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

NOTHING has been stated to even hint that Sherri's story isn't true. Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957078#post12957078

From here on out anyone who mentions the skinhead site will receive a time out.

Until it is proven there is a connection between the site and Sharri there is no need to discuss this vile place Tricia's post here http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ing-2-November-2016-8&p=12957265#post12957265

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

:tyou:

Reporter: Sheriff, thank you for joining us this morning. Pretty chilling description there from Sherri Papini's husband. Bruises, all over her body, broken nose, her hair cut off, branded, do those details conform with what you know right now?

Sheriff: Yes, I was familiar with those details, we had not released them yet to the public.

these are direct quotes. The video is here: [video=youtube;zGBI0ridSRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBI0ridSRg[/video] and here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/she...lling-details-sherri-papinis-alleged-43841749

Me also. And that KP talked because "I understand people want the story, pictures, proof that this was not some sort of hoax, plan to gain money, or some fabricated race war."
http://www.redding.com/news/local/Keith-Papini-on-GMA--403578496.html

That's exactly why he talked. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to know what his wife has gone through, and have to stay quiet when she's being accused of everything he stated. I'm glad he said something though. Somebody needed to. That poor woman...:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please tell me if this has been posted already. I haven't been on WS in ages (erin corwin case was too hard on me). But I thought of you guys today when I saw this:

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168)

and this:

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556)

I don't know much about this case yet, but why would the driver say she has long blond hair, but husband says it was chopped off? Anyone know?

Our memories are not as good as we think they are. Our brains fill in details that make sense to them all the time, even when they don't reflect reality. I think she probably saw her, but when she put together it was Sherri, her brain filled in the detail.

I want to re-post this beautiful post from OBE that resonated with me last night:

Sometimes I think unusual cases have a tendency to cloud the judgment of some when future cases come along. As far as hoaxes go I think that theory started after the balloon boy hoax. Until that happened I don't remember many before then who went with the hoax theory. Imo, it seems to put the seed in the minds of some based on one or two hoaxes that happened. Its fascinating how certain theories seem to develop based on other particular cases and those cases are rare yet they stick somehow in our minds..

The same thing happened in the Casey Anthony case. Until her case happened I had never seen the theory that a child accidentally died yet was thrown away and never reported missing. Yet there were some who did believe that theory at the time and I have seen that theory invoked in other cases since then. Yet, during CAs case, and since then I have searched for such case. To this day I have never found one case where a child had truly accidentally died from a mishap and was thrown away and forgotten. While one case may often remind me of other cases in general, I only base my opinion on the cases individually, and not how others turned out. Each case has a completely different sets of circumstances, different victim, and evidence. Imo, what happened in another case in the past or what the person did or did not do then....... really has no bearing or relevancy to any other case, including Sherri's.

As for Sherri's case I have no reason to doubt that she was a victim of an abduction. I am not a cynical person nor one who is suspicious of everything and everyone, and I am also very patient.:loser: So that is why I wait until all of the facts come in directly from LE.

I certainly don't believe Sherri brutally attacked herself nor do I think there is one thing suspicious about her husband arriving before LE arrived. I have the same kind of hubby who would do the same if God forbid I went through something like Sherri had endured for three long weeks. I don't think the chain and unknown object attached to Sherri when found were props of any kind either. At this time I have no reason to believe Sherri or any of her family were involved in any manner whatsoever and truly believe they are all thanking God that she has been returned to her loved ones although badly battered, but alive.

I have always supported victims and the victim's families and have never regretted that decision for one moment since I joined WS in 2004. I would much rather support victims/families fully 100% than prematurely cast doubt against any of them especially when I don't have any facts to support they are guilty of anything.

So until, and if ever,, evidence comes forth showing I shouldn't support Sherri anymore, my views/opinions will change of course, but until then, I am very supportive of Sherri and her family.

I certainly can understand why others are suspicious and I respect everyone's theories/opinions about Sherri. This is only how "I" look at cases including this one. Everyone has a right to their own opinions and theories, and I do read all posts written, and find them all very interesting and enlightening.

Imo, being abducted, heavily battered, and no telling what else she endured has to be so traumatic for Sherri. She had to be terrified wondering if she would ever see her family again. Anyone who beats a petite innocent female has to be cold and ruthless to the core but at least even though they beat her they didn't kill her, and let her go instead. I have read even evil people will have a good side every now and then and I believe Sherri somehow was able to convince them to let her go..

Snipped and BBM. The bolded part is what's really key for me. A lesson for me I think.

Our memories are not as good as we think they are. Our brains fill in details that make sense to them all the time, even when they don't reflect reality. I think she probably saw her, but when she put together it was Sherri, her brain filled in the detail.

Could be. I'd be interested in knowing what she said when she called it in, before she knew who it was. Perhaps her call to the police was different than what she told reporters?

Please tell me if this has been posted already. I haven't been on WS in ages (erin corwin case was too hard on me). But I thought of you guys today when I saw this:

"I saw a woman with long blond hair by the side of the road kind of frantically waving what looked like a shirt," the driver, Alison Sutton, told ABC News. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/911-caller-missing-california-mom-risked-hit-car/story?id=43819168)

and this:

Keith Papini told ABC News in an exclusive statement that his wife's face was "covered in bruises ranging from yellow to black because of repeated beatings." He added that the bridge of her nose was broken and her signature blonde hair had been chopped off. (http://abcnews.go.com/US/sheriff-co...ls-sherri-papinis-condition/story?id=43840556)

I don't know much about this case yet, but why would the driver say she has long blond hair, but husband says it was chopped off? Anyone know?

What is this phenomenon called? TY!

People think (in any criminal case) that it is harmless to speculate that the husband did it, or that she faked it. It's not. The Internet makes the world a very small place. When people do this, they are adding pain to the lives of people who are already living a nightmare.

Why has no specifics been given about her captors?
If it was in fact, Sherri in that truck, she has seen the faces.
Was this a planned abduction that comes with no threat to the general public?
Was she afraid to speak ?
Was the ransom paid out and they are sticking to their word about not going to LE?

If it was random, and there are dangerous people kidnapping people, the public should be informed IMo

I really don't think this is a sex trafficking crime. She doesn't fit the demographic and she is really too old to actually be targeted for ST imo.

Reading about someone whom we do not personally know, we oftentimes look at that someone as not being real; just a name connected to a story. So easy to de-personalize, IMHO.

Unless it's smoke and mirrors for the world , it was said the ransom wasn't paid and the anonymous donor may donate to KP (I can't remember exact wording sorry )
I do think about this anonymous donor a lot. I'm not sure if knowing who is would answer some questions or cause more but for some reason I key in on him (her). Maybe because this is so unconventional

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reporter: Sheriff, thank you for joining us this morning. Pretty chilling description there from Sherri Papini's husband. Bruises, all over her body, broken nose, her hair cut off, branded, do those details conform with what you know right now?

Sheriff: Yes, I was familiar with those details, we had not released them yet to the public.

these are direct quotes. The video is here: [video=youtube;zGBI0ridSRg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBI0ridSRg[/video] and here: http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/she...lling-details-sherri-papinis-alleged-43841749

Thank you!!!

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I stand by the fact that there were many odd pieces of information throughout this case.

I stand by the fact that information and communication was withheld from the public that could've cleared up certain things without hindering the investigation.

I stand by the fact that there was never an established, conclusive timeline and that made things very difficult at times.

I stand by the fact that I questioned those parts of the case I found to be questionable.

I no longer stand by the fact that I think this was a hoax. I have now been presented with evidence that has changed my mind and my mind will remain changed until a point that it may change again. Or it may not.

I've always been open to changing my mind on the release of further information and that's what I've done. I'm not any less caring or empathetic because I had questions; I promise you.

I have also always said that I wished none of this ever happened; I feel this now more than ever. I hope Sherri recovers and is surrounded by love... as I've always hoped.

I'm trying to get caught up here so pardon me if this has already been mentioned but KP did not say the abductors chopped off her hair. If she had injuries to her head it is very likely that the hospital staff cut her hair to evaluate and treat her injuries. I would IMO find it weird if they did not cut it off to be able to clean her up. In a situation like this they would have to be concerned about infection and would want to clean her wounds. I obviously can't guarantee this is what happened but seems very likely IMO.

It all seems a bit personal. Cutting off her hair, branding her. Why let her go, why let her live?

RSBM
Like others have pointed out on the previous thread, "long hair" might mean different things to different people. I used to have very long hair like Sherri does, and when I had it chopped off (by a stylist,) I kept saying, "I love having short hair." Which most other people didn't understand because to them, my hair was still considered long.
Long can be down to your waist and, say, down below your shoulders. The difference is huge.

Also, I really don't want to keep referring to others' posts (but you guys are moving at the speed of light,) memory is a crazy thing. What you think you remember might be not what actually happened, especially when it comes to nuances, at a high speed, on a dark highway.

JMO

I stand by the fact that there were many odd pieces of information throughout this case.

I stand by the fact that information and communication was withheld from the public that could've cleared up certain things without hindering the investigation.

I stand by the fact that there was never an established, conclusive timeline and that made things very difficult at times.

I stand by the fact that I questioned those parts of the case I found to be questionable.

I no longer stand by the fact that I think this was a hoax. I have now been presented with evidence that has changed my mind and my mind will remain changed until a point that it may change again. Or it may not.

I've always been open to changing my mind on the release of further information and that's what I've done. I'm not any less caring or empathetic because I had questions; I promise you.

I have also always said that I wished none of this ever happened; I feel this now more than ever. I hope Sherri recovers and is surrounded by love... as I've always hoped.

Thank you
You posted what i have been feeling

I stand with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads