New websites: Searchingforanna.net and Searchingforanna.info

Annasmom

Reaction score
I am deeply grateful to Vivette for creating the new Searching for Anna website, and for all the time and care that have gone into telling Anna's story in a clear but very detailed way. We were unable to gain access to the old website, so the answer was to change the extension from .net to .com. Contact information has been brought up to date, and Vivette has organized photos and a ton of information in a wonderful way. If you use the website link on your posts, make sure that the extension is "net" or "info" instead of "com". Thank you, thank you.

I know this probably should not be discussed here , but I would really like to know where Franklin Floyd and Rebecca Barr were at that time he should have possibly had a white and green license plate from OK, I sincerely think he had something to do with Christina Carter in GA Disappearing and Anna favors her and Suzanne Sevakis a bit at that age he was in CA. at one point....it could be anyone but he was likely a part of a child abduction ring in the early 70s he traveled a lot for his limited means.

I am deeply grateful to Vivette for creating the new Searching for Anna website, and for all the time and care that have gone into telling Anna's story in a clear but very detailed way. We were unable to gain access to the old website, so the answer was to change the extension from .net to .com. Contact information has been brought up to date, and Vivette has organized photos and a ton of information in a wonderful way. If you use the website link on your posts, make sure that the extension is "net" or "info" instead of "com". Thank you, thank you.
I can't see a way to edit this information or a way to erase the non-functioning link at the bottom of the post. I mis-typed the extension. To get to the web page, you now need to go to searchingforanna.net, NOT searchingforanna.com, which is no longer available. Can somebody tell me how to change the link at the bottom of the post?

I can't see a way to edit this information or a way to erase the non-functioning link at the bottom of the post. I mis-typed the extension. To get to the web page, you now need to go to searchingforanna.net, NOT searchingforanna.com, which is no longer available. Can somebody tell me how to change the link at the bottom of the post?

Hi Annasmom. Try this, click on "settings" at the top right corner above the websleuths logo, then "edit signature", which will be on the left side of the page if you scroll down a bit. Feel free to pm me if you have trouble. You will need to add the .net twice in the box I think, wherever you see the .com, one for the link code which directs you, and one which is the text visible to us.

Article from 2006:

Three decades later, family still searches for Anna
http://www.hmbreview.com/news/three...cle_9af3dde8-f18f-5b7a-9857-59412653d434.html

"On the afternoon of Jan. 16, 1973, Anna Waters - a blond-haired, brown-eyed kindergartener at Hatch Elementary - came home on the school bus, as she did every day.

It had been raining and soup was cooking on the stove at home. As her mom visited with friends, down from San Francisco for the day, Anna changed from her school clothes into jeans and a blue-and-white striped T-shirt. She pulled on over-sized rubber boots before she wandered out onto the back porch. Then she disappeared."

Awesome job, Vivette! Thank you.

If I could make one suggestion, I would like to see you add the self publishing site lulu.com which produces the book. By ordering through lulu.com, Annas mom gets a little more of the profits which go back into the search for Anna and to NCMEC.

https://www.lulu.com

i think he was looked at and he was not in california at the time she went missing i could be wrong though.

I know this probably should not be discussed here , but I would really like to know where Franklin Floyd and Rebecca Barr were at that time he should have possibly had a white and green license plate from OK, I sincerely think he had something to do with Christina Carter in GA Disappearing and Anna favors her and Suzanne Sevakis a bit at that age he was in CA. at one point....it could be anyone but he was likely a part of a child abduction ring in the early 70s he traveled a lot for his limited means.

i think he was looked at but he was not in california at the time anna went missing but i could be wrong

If I could make one suggestion, I would like to see you add the self publishing site lulu.com which produces the book. By ordering through lulu.com, Annas mom gets a little more of the profits which go back into the search for Anna and to NCMEC.

Is there a direct link to the book?

Here's the link to Lulu. For some reason, the tablet version is not Kindle, but it is available, as is the paperback. http://www.lulu.com/shop/michaele-benedict/searching-for-anna/paperback/product-2811268.html. Also in wide distribution from Amazon, Barnes and Noble, etc.

Alright, changed Amazon to Lulu. Or do you want them both to be there?

Edward is getting me the book for christmas. :)

Alright, changed Amazon to Lulu. Or do you want them both to be there?

Edward is getting me the book for christmas. :)
I wish I could sign it for you! I have some bookplates (kind of a gummed sticker that goes inside the front cover) that I was signing for people when the book first came out. It would probably be good to have both Lulu and Amazon links, since it is so easy to order from Amazon and some people have Amazon Prime with free mailing.

Alright, Amazon is back up there with Lulu :smile:

Also, if anyone has any suggestions or feedback, please feel free to post it here.

Annasmom, please let us know if you will be updating bumper stickers. If so, I'd love to update to the new sites.

Annasmom, please let us know if you will be updating bumper stickers. If so, I'd love to update to the new sites.
I'm
hoping people will stop posting on the .com site and get the word out on searchingforanna.net and searchingforanna.info, since the old web page has expired and we will not be able to update it. I don't have any plans for more bumper stickers, but I still have lots of the old ones if someone wants to take a sharpie pen and change the "com" to a "net." And congratulations, Cubby, on your team's winning the World Series!!!

I'm
hoping people will stop posting on the .com site and get the word out on searchingforanna.net and searchingforanna.info, since the old web page has expired and we will not be able to update it. I don't have any plans for more bumper stickers, but I still have lots of the old ones if someone wants to take a sharpie pen and change the "com" to a "net." And congratulations, Cubby, on your team's winning the World Series!!!

Thank you. I had the mods close the .com thread. I like the sharpie idea.

I'm

Thank you. I had the mods close the .com thread. I like the sharpie idea.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back