Identified! NH - Hudson, Skeletal Remains, 2005 - Henry Holcomb

bugaboo said:
Does anyone know of any possible matches? Hudson is not terribly far over the MA border, and right near Nashua.

http://www.thewmurchannel.com/news/5341332/detail.html

Really can't match anyone up until there is more info, other than bones. I wonder how long they have been there. There may not be anyone missing in the immediate area, but there are lots of people missing from NH, VT & MA.

I tried to find the thread for you and couldn't, but there is a thread for missing women in NH. Maybe another poster will be more successful in finding the thread.

Hopefully they will release more info soon.

Could this be Maura Murray? I'm not familiar with the area but doing some looking on Mapquest, the location of the body is sort of in between where her car was found (near Woodsville, NH) and where she would have left from school (UMass, Amherst).

After re-reading the article, I noticed that this was the second set of remains found in NH in a couple of weeks. Any info on the first ones they found?

murraydwyer said:
Missing VT NH

Any thing more on the body found?

Nothing new. Just that the remains were sent to a state lab.

Thanks for finding that thread. I should have just looked for it instead of using the search feature.

OMG,, maura or brianna, maybe.........???

Hudson is not near where Maura disappeared from. It is off of 93 North and isn't far from the MA border.

Masterj said:
Hudson is not near where Maura disappeared from. It is off of 93 North and isn't far from the MA border.
It is purely my opinion, but I don't think the distance/location of the remains from the site of where a person went missing is the only consideration in who this poor soul may be.

There is no way to know IF this is Maura or Brianna UNTIL the DNA results are back.

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html

Peabody said:
It is purely my opinion, but I don't think the distance/location of the remains from the site of where a person went missing is the only consideration in who this poor soul may be.

There is no way to know IF this is Maura or Brianna UNTIL the DNA results are back.

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
[url="http://www.spbowers.commauramissing.html"]www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html[/url]
Wow, clearly I offended you which was certainly not my intent. I agree with you. I was actually responding to an earlier post where someone mentioned that Hudson wasn't far from Maura's school and from where she disappeared. I never said this couldn't be Maura and please don't assume that is what I meant. Next time I will make sure to reference the original post I am responding to.

Peabody said:

Bring Maura Home!
www.mauramurray.com
[url="http://www.spbowers.commauramissing.html"]www.spbowers.com\mauramissing.html[/url]
There are so many people missing from that area over the past few years. I hope LE is able to find out who this person is and at least bring some measure of peace to his/her family.

Masterj said:
Wow, clearly I offended you which was certainly not my intent. I agree with you. I was actually responding to an earlier post where someone mentioned that Hudson wasn't far from Maura's school and from where she disappeared. I never said this couldn't be Maura and please don't assume that is what I meant. Next time I will make sure to reference the original post I am responding to.
You were referring to my post and I didn't say it was NEAR Maura's car or her school.

I said it was somewhat between the 2 locations.

LButler said:
You were referring to my post and I didn't say it was NEAR Maura's car or her school.

I said it was somewhat between the 2 locations.
You are right, you didn't say that. My apologies.

I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

In closing, I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone so I would appreciate the same in return.

Masterj said:
. . .I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

In closing, I wasn't trying to be rude to anyone so I would appreciate the same in return.
Just speaking for myself:I offer a belated Welcome to Websleuths. I agree we should all keep in mind that we are on the same side in wanting to help in these many cases. We are a large diverse group of people here and in any large group there are bound to be those found that have fewer people skills than is needed and then there are bad days and personality conflicts and just plain misunderstandings. An air of hostility makes it less likely that a talented researcher will want to stay and help. I hope you can overlook the bumpy times and stay and help.

Masterj said:

I don't really understand why there seems to be hostility on this site (in general and not just this thread) and people acting like they care more about certain cases than you do. IMO if people didn't care about finding answers and closure for these poor families, than they wouldn't be here. You would think one would welcome a different perspective, and while that is the case most of the time, it definitely isn't always the case.

I appreciate your opinion :)

It could be Maura, it could be anyone.
Sometimes women, kids, anyone who is missing is picked up, taken elsewhere and dumped, as terrible and inhumane as that sounds. But that is what these monsters do.
I hope whomever it is, that their family can get some answers and that their soul can rest in peace.

http://gamma.unionleader.com/articl...rticleId=b0e5618d-7d03-49bb-972b-f9e0e5d0f05d

According to police Lt. David Bianchi, who is leading the investigation, the remains are of a male over the age of 60 with a height of 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 3 inches.

Bianchi said the description doesn't seem to match any missing person reports ...
[...]
The remains appear to have been in the woods for several years, Bianchi said. The medical examiner's office reported that the remains may have been there for nearly 30 years.

Yes I too have found some posters in websleuths to be very hostile and if you read other threads like the Darlie Routier one new people really get a hard time I no longer post on that thread and another called snooty vixen posted yesterday that she wont post anymore in this site.
I dont understand why posters get so affected when someone gives a personal point of view thats conflicts with thier theory! The fact is we were not at any crime scene and in some cases who will ever really know what happened and in the above case when you think how far the person took Adam Walsh any remains found anywhere could be anyone who has gone missing. I accept the poster did in fact apologise but thats quite rare , I know when I was attacked over saying that I felt Darlie may be a bit like Lindy Chamberlain, It really upset me as I had said it quite off haded not expected the huge backlash I received.
Anyway my advice is dont leave just read the threads you have dramas on and post in other more friendly threads as the majority of people in here are nice theres only a few nastys!!lol

Masterj said:
I was not offended and certainly did not mean to appear hostile.......my apologies to any and everyone that I may have offended. One certain disadvantage of online messaging: no way to interpret body language and tone of voice which would probably clarify many misunderstandings......we could all benefit from the wise advice: be slow to take offence.

I was merely responding to the post that mentioned the long distance from this finding of remains and the location of Maura's and Brianna's missing.

Bring Maura Home !
www.mauramurray.com

Breehannah6 said:
Yes I too have found some posters in websleuths to be very hostile and if you read other threads like the Darlie Routier one new people really get a hard time I no longer post on that thread and another called snooty vixen posted yesterday that she wont post anymore in this site.
I dont understand why posters get so affected when someone gives a personal point of view thats conflicts with thier theory! The fact is we were not at any crime scene and in some cases who will ever really know what happened and in the above case when you think how far the person took Adam Walsh any remains found anywhere could be anyone who has gone missing. I accept the poster did in fact apologise but thats quite rare , I know when I was attacked over saying that I felt Darlie may be a bit like Lindy Chamberlain, It really upset me as I had said it quite off haded not expected the huge backlash I received.
Anyway my advice is dont leave just read the threads you have dramas on and post in other more friendly threads as the majority of people in here are nice theres only a few nastys!!lol
I would ask you to please consider posting *in spite of the few nasties*.

I honestly believe that there have been posters whose intention is to end the discussion of the case. Just accept that it is impossible for all of us to agree and then IGNORE the nasty :eek: There is even an IGNORE feature that you can use whereby you program your options to eliminate from your view any posts by a particular member. Sadly, I had to use that on one occasion to keep my blood from boiling. But, that was also before the moderators posted that they would not tolerate verbal abuse of any victim or their family.

I do hope that you decide to stay active not only in this thread, but also in any other that you may find interesting despite the opinions and actions of others.

And please accept a warm welcome from the majority of websleuthers!

Bring Maura Home !
www.mauramurray.com

Masterj said:

I was actually responding to this post by Masterj,I didnt think that you were offended or upset Peabody, I posted to try to make Masterj feel a bit better that its not only them that has had a response that confused them.
I only told the story on the Darlie thread in here so as to eliminate any confusion that it had happened in here too!! lol
I am sure as you said Peabody you have a a bad experience ,so you know what its like , I welcome any newbie in here the more the merrier and as I said before theres a few sour grapes here and there on the site but for the most they are like sultana grapes ,sweet with no pips!!!lol
Best Wishes to everyone From Australia

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back