FL FL - Mary Lou Combs, 42, Palm Coast, Aug 2003

Gardener1850

Timeline Guru (Still Remembering Cupcake)
Reaction score

Combs was last seen at the beginning of August 2003 after getting into a verbal argument with relatives she left her residence in the Hammock Area of Flagler County. She or her vehicle have never been seen since. Relatives stated that this was not like her to leave her children behind.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/13951/1

Skeletal remains found recently in Flagler County may belong to Mary Lou Combs:
Crime lab analysts from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office worked methodically, collecting and sifting through sand at The Hammock in Flagler County.

That’s where a human skeleton was found just 2 to 3 feet down in a shallow grave.

"Certainly looks like leg bone, arm, back, now getting to (the) skull,” according to Cmdr. Jim Troiano of the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office.

Investigators said the remains were found face down.
The remains were initially discovered in the 3800 block of North Ocean Shore Boulevard by workers cleaning up the beach.
Had it not been for Hurricane Matthew, the remains may not have been uncovered.
Read more: http://www.wesh.com/article/human-remains-under-investigation-in-flagler-county/8380903

Mary Lou Combs – The Charley Project

combs_mary.jpg
combs_mary2.jpg

• Missing Since 08/01/2003
  • Missing From Palm Coast, Florida
  • Classification Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 10/11/1961 (58)
  • Age 41 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'3, 100 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Gray hair, blue eyes.
Details of Disappearance
Combs was last seen in Palm Coast, Florida on August 1, 2003. After a verbal argument with family members, she left home and never returned. She has never been heard from again and her vehicle, a red 1996 Plymouth Neon sedan with the Florida license plate number G53RUB, was never found.

It's uncharacteristic of Combs to abandon her children. Few details are available in her case.

A missing vehicle in FL usually means water is involved. I wonder if they’ve dredged any ponds, lakes or canals in the area.

Snip:
red 1996 Plymouth Neon sedan with the Florida license plate number G53RUB, was never found.

Article from Dec 9, 2021 on local paper. Hope her case is solved soon.
Central Florida's True Crime Files: Disappearance of Mary Lou Combs
This is a different version of events. It’s difficult to push a car into a body of water without yourself slipping, falling and landing in the water also. The bank would have evidence of footprints, disturbed earth, etc. I also would think it took more than one person to shove a car into the Suwannee River.

snip

Her family and the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office left with limited information and rumors. Investigators say Combs had a history of drug abuse.

"I remember early one morning my grandmother woke me up, and she said I have something to tell you because I don’t want anyone else to tell you," said Harper. "There’s a rumor she went to a party here in the neighborhood and that drugs were involved."

She apparently had overdosed and that was the last time anyone has seen her, however the investigation is still ongoing for that portion," said Detective Andrew Cangialosi.

A tip about where Mary Lou Combs’ body was dumped prompted searches from the sky and underwater.

"We have searched properties in the Suwannee," said Det. Cangialosi. "We do have a location where there was an alleged property out there where she could have potentially been moved to if she did pass away, the vehicle and her; but we yielded negative results."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back