Identified! QLD, Male, skeletonised found leaning against tree, 01 Dec 2016 Jamie Hardgraves

Bohemian

Reaction score
Glen Aplin body: Police yet to identify human remains

2nd December 2016 8:56 AM (Updated 12:48 PM)

'POLICE believe human remains found at a Glen Aplin property are male.

Detective Inspector David Isherwood said police were working to identify the remains, at the Kerridges Rd property, which they believed belonged to a man.

"At about 5pm yesterday afternoon police received information from a property owner," Det Insp Isherwood said.'

'He said it was too early to confirm the identity of the body whether they belonged to missing man Jamie Hardgraves.

"We have a fair bit of a way to go before we make that determination," he said.

"The body is in a decomposed state and until we do all examinations, forensic and otherwise, we won't be making any other comment in relation to that."

He said the state of the remains suggested they had been at the location for some time.'

'More police resources were expected at the property today. The body will later be taken to the John Tonge Centre for a post mortem.

"Hopefully that will give us a further indication of what's occurred," Det Insp Isherwood said.

Det Insp Isherwood said police had spoken to the owners of the property, and surrounding properties.

"There's nothing to suggest these people have anything to do with the human remains," he said.

"We're treating it as a crime scene, at the moment because we don't know the cause of death.

"The victim may have met with foul play, hence a crime scene's been established."

Det Insp Isherwood said a large number of people with missing loved ones had made inquiries with police since the discovery.

He urged the public not to make these inquiries at this time, as officers worked to identify the remains.'

'Detective Inspector David Isherwood told the Brisbane Times the remains, discovered yesterday afternoon, could have been at the property from "a month to six months".

"At this point in time, we'd like to hope we can get one from the post-mortem but look, when they're decomposed to a state of skeletal remains, it can quite often take so more time," he said.

"The fact that they've gone to nearly all skeletal remains would indicate they've been there for some time but at this point in time, until the experts actually do an examination, we won't be able to determine that timeframe."'

Skeleton under tree at Glen Aplin identified as missing Gold Coast man Jamie Hardgraves

Updated Mon Dec 05 17:59:18 EST 2016
Posted Mon Dec 05 17:33:19 EST 2016

'Skeletal remains found on a property near Stanthorpe in Queensland's Granite Belt last week have been identified as the body of missing Gold Coast man Jamie Hardgraves.

Key points:

• Jamie Hardgraves was last seen in May
  • His wallet and phone were in his abandoned ute
  • Police are still seeking information about his death
His body was found last week leaning on a tree on a property at Glen Aplin, near Stanthorpe.

Mr Hardgraves, 43, disappeared about six months ago after a series of unexplained events.

On May 17, he was seen at a service station at Springwood, south of Brisbane, as well as further south-west in Beaudesert.

His damaged ute was found the following day on Stanthorpe-Texas Road on the eastern outskirts of Texas, near the Queensland-New South Wales border.

Police said it appeared his ute was heavily damaged and not driveable when he hit a kangaroo.

Mr Hardgraves' wallet and phone were found inside his ute.

Detectives believe he was given a lift to Stanthorpe, where he was seen later that night.'

'"But where he was seen was probably in the opposite direction from where he was located, so our inquiries will certainly be on the cause of death and as to how he may have come to that area.

"Now that we know he was in the area of Glen Aplin, if someone may have seen him around the time of his disappearance they'd be helping us if they came forward."'

I was going to post a question to our Aussie posters asking what a "ute" is...
But I looked it up myself and it sounded to be like a vehicle we'd call a SUV in the USA.

Then I saw that further down into the story there's a picture of his wrecked vehicle. It's clearly a vehicle we'd call a "car" over here. Not SUV/truck/van or anything like that.
So does "ute" mean "SUV" or not???

I was going to post a question to our Aussie posters asking what a "ute" is...
But I looked it up myself and it sounded to be like a vehicle we'd call a SUV in the USA.

Then I saw that further down into the story there's a picture of his wrecked vehicle. It's clearly a vehicle we'd call a "car" over here. Not SUV/truck/van or anything like that.
So does "ute" mean "SUV" or not???

A 'ute' is short for utility and was originally a 2 seater 2WD vehicle with a separate tray on the back. I'd say the equivalent vehicle in the states would be called a 'pick up'.

The modern ute can be a 2 or 4-5 seater 4WD vehicle.

4-5 seater utes are called 'king cab' utes, at least in my state.

Whether 2 or 4WD, they are still called utes; again in my state.

SUV's are called 4WD's in my state and have no separation between the seats and the 'tray' section (the 'boot') other than the rear row of seats. They can have up to 7 seats in the larger, more expensive 4WD's.

I hope the above answers your questions, bf.

For more about Aussie (Australian) slang:

http://www.australianslang.org/mobi/index.php

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy