830 users online (150 members and 680 guests)  

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast
    From page 7, post #101 - scroll down a bit to play.

http://elleeseymour.com/2007/05/21/t...-nicole-morin/

According to initial information, Nicole was wearing canvas shoes as opposed to the flip flops shown in the re-enactments.

Nicole and her mom lived in a penthouse on the 20th floor of the building. Nicole's mom ran a daycare from this apartment at the time.

Other info as you listen to the re-enactments - in the first one, a renowned crime writer states (about half way through) that there was evidence that Nicole made it into the elevator and down to the ground floor. He gives no back-up for this.

The written info included with re-enactment #2 seems to be a hodge-podge of info with no back-up, including Nicole wrote of her disappearance 2 months prior, twenty years after the fact there is info that a woman was seen in the hallway at the time and that much money was spent on private investigator by the parents.

I don't know who authorized or made the re-enactments.

Another piece missing imo - on the 20th anniversary of Nicole's disappearance (2005) her father gives an interview. Nothing from her mother who died suddenly in 2007.

Bolton woman reflects on 32-year disappearance of childhood friend Nicole Morin
    “Where is Nicole?”

Bolton resident and Toronto police officer Melissa Elaschuk sees these words, and the face of a young girl she once knew, every day inside the door of her locker at work with the police service.

It is the headline for a newspaper article about the mysterious disappearance of Nicole Morin, an eight-year-old girl who vanished without a trace from her Etobicoke area apartment building on July 30, 1985.

Nicole was Elaschuk's best friend.

Bumping for Nicole
    This missing case likely has nothing whatsoever to do with Nicole's disappearance, but noting fwiw, the slimmest of coincidences of another girl,11 yrs old missing since 2001.
    This mp was in the company of her sleeping father ( parents split up ) outside a mall when she vanished.
    She was last seen in the company of a blond woman boarding a bus.
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...i_bethany.html

Since Nicole's mother ran a daycare, I hope they interviewed all of her clients. I believe she was lured into an apartment, though. If she had been grabbed, the things she'd been carrying would have been dropped and found.

Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    2007 documentary with Lesley Parrott @ 1: 40 ( Scottish /British accent ), imo.
    http://realscreen.com/2008/03/31/forgiveness-20080331/
    Mip TV Picks 2008: Forgiveness: Stories for Our Time

By Brendan Christie
    March 31, 2008
    Sorry for bumping such an old comment, but that is indeed a scottish accent. The most bizarre accent I've ever heard, such a scottish twang mixed in with the canadian.

Bump

Wanted to bump for Nicole, where are you Nicole?

I have been seeing the name Nicole everywhere the past month (so weird!), but I remembered her and decided to post for her.
    I have been reading this case for some time, so thought why not post my opinions and see if i can find some new angle, i think i will post over the next few months on/off to see what i can come up with.

Art apparently had a lie detection test done on himself and passed. Is anyone here in the know of whether the mother Jeanette ever had a lie detector test done? If not that would send alarm bells off in my head especially if she dodged doing it.

If the mother had failed a lie detector test she could have put her job at the time in jeopardy since she was looking after several children in her daycare, not to mention she would be seen as part of a crime. So i really do wonder how she was cleared in this case.

I find it interesting that the mother's son (technically Nicole's brother) went missing for 15 years only to return later, when comparing it to Nicole's case one could say that yes where there's smoke there's fire. I would like more information on the son, who did he go missing with?

When i first read the case i thought the mother may have had something to do with Nicole's disappearance, it seemed a bit too much of a coincidence for both of her children to go missing, almost like someone known to her handled their disappearances.

When it comes to the mother Jeanette's personality and character there is little to go off so of course i dont know what she is like as a person.
    If Jeanette had nothing directly to do with the disappearances then perhaps someone she knows/knew did it but she isn't aware who it is.

I am not trying to make out Jeanette is a bad person here but wonder if her background may lead to something unpleasant.
    We have no real idea if certain family members or past accomplices are involved with underground crime or anything.

If they are or have some history going back then that might have caught up with them and if there is some bad people connected to family then it could very easily be they have some connection to her disappearance. Art's brother killed his sister, was he involved in other criminal activity?

It could be a stretch. My first impressions are that Art is a bright guy, i thought his ideas about church members or family being involved had some possible weight. It appears they've investigated the church angle and family but I feel they might have missed something.

I have always wondered if the mother Jeanette avoided public interviews for some reason, maybe she feels she would divulge something that impeached her or someone else. Sometimes when people fear giving away important information by accident they stay away from interviews.

Were there other missing children in the wider family beside her Son (whose name escapes me) and Nicole?

Bumpy bumpy

Continued..

The other thing is that Art possibly felt that someone on Jeanette's side of things was trying to stop him gaining custody of Nicole, this is a bold thing to say, did he have a realistic reason to think Jeanette's family would be petty over Nicole?

What was Art's relationship like with Jeanette and her family etc? Did he not get on very well with her family/friends/connections? Did he try to gain custody of Nicole around the time she disappeared? I think the answers could give us something to play with.

If Art was trying to gain custody of Nicole was it because he did not trust Jeanette or people close to her for some reason? If the answer to this is "yes" it could open up a can of worms in my view, there may be something more there that is not being alluded to.

Regarding Nicole saying she would disappear in a journal, "disappear" is a strong word for a young child to use randomly in a sentence, its like she has picked this word up somewhere and from someone else who repeatedly said it.

Personally I dont like the idea that it's just a fantasy made up by a child, i think it could go either way and there could be something to it. On the other hand shipping Nicole off to a new family is also possible but in my view unlikely, why would a parent get rid of their child in this way?

To go so long without being found would mean Nicole would have to have been brainwashed completely and limited to what she can i.e leaving the house. Its interesting that some people have come forward claiming to be Nicole.

A lot of people will always come back to the "strange situation" regarding the friend calling up and the mother Jeanette saying Nicole will be right down even though Nicole had left several minutes earlier (correct me if I'm wrong), one could question this.

I am on the fence about it personally, would a mother really think her daughter would take 10-15 mins to get to the ground floor keeping her friend waiting? Also the following by the mother Jeanette made me question this a bit, I cant remember the exact source:

"It was around three o'clock in the afternoon when I realized something was going on. I just became in a daze. I kept saying, 'Oh,she's got to be with somebody playing and she forgot.' Around six o'clock, I couldn't put up with it any more. I called the cops."'

She realized "something is going on" at 3pm but then waited until 6pm to call the cops? Perhaps it is just choppy language or perhaps she was the kind of person who gives people the benefit of the doubt all the time before acting, i dont know.

Of course I also think the "sexual predator abduction" angle is just as likely but i will post about that another time. Nicole may still be alive given dogs have not found anything over the years but it may also be that she is deceased and her body is well hidden somewhere.

JMO. Peace.

Bumping for Nicole. Was it ever confirmed if they found a shoe in the elevator or not? Or why are they certain that she made it to the elevator?

Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

Quote Originally Posted by jaycool View Post
    Wanted to bump for Nicole, where are you Nicole?

I have been seeing the name Nicole everywhere the past month (so weird!), but I remembered her and decided to post for her.
    I have been reading this case for some time, so thought why not post my opinions and see if i can find some new angle, i think i will post over the next few months on/off to see what i can come up with.

Art apparently had a lie detection test done on himself and passed. Is anyone here in the know of whether the mother Jeanette ever had a lie detector test done? If not that would send alarm bells off in my head especially if she dodged doing it.

If the mother had failed a lie detector test she could have put her job at the time in jeopardy since she was looking after several children in her daycare, not to mention she would be seen as part of a crime. So i really do wonder how she was cleared in this case.

I find it interesting that the mother's son (technically Nicole's brother) went missing for 15 years only to return later, when comparing it to Nicole's case one could say that yes where there's smoke there's fire. I would like more information on the son, who did he go missing with?

When i first read the case i thought the mother may have had something to do with Nicole's disappearance, it seemed a bit too much of a coincidence for both of her children to go missing, almost like someone known to her handled their disappearances.

When it comes to the mother Jeanette's personality and character there is little to go off so of course i dont know what she is like as a person.
    If Jeanette had nothing directly to do with the disappearances then perhaps someone she knows/knew did it but she isn't aware who it is.

I am not trying to make out Jeanette is a bad person here but wonder if her background may lead to something unpleasant.
    We have no real idea if certain family members or past accomplices are involved with underground crime or anything.

If they are or have some history going back then that might have caught up with them and if there is some bad people connected to family then it could very easily be they have some connection to her disappearance. Art's brother killed his sister, was he involved in other criminal activity?

It could be a stretch. My first impressions are that Art is a bright guy, i thought his ideas about church members or family being involved had some possible weight. It appears they've investigated the church angle and family but I feel they might have missed something.

I have always wondered if the mother Jeanette avoided public interviews for some reason, maybe she feels she would divulge something that impeached her or someone else. Sometimes when people fear giving away important information by accident they stay away from interviews.

Were there other missing children in the wider family beside her Son (whose name escapes me) and Nicole?
    Hello jaycool. Thank you for your posts and your perspective.

In all the years I have been following this tragic case, I have never once heard about Nicole’s brother going missing as well, and for 15 years?! I am astounded to hear about this.

I have tried googling for more information regarding what you wrote, however I wasn’t successful.

Do you have any more information about him? How old was he when he went missing? Was he abducted? Did he manage to escape his kidnappers after all that time? How horrific that two children in the same family went missing.

Would certainly appreciate any more info you are able to provide, or any links.

Thank you.

ETA: Art’s brother killed his sister? Yet more info I had never heard of before. So much tragedy in this one family.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    " ... in my mind I'm over at the Whistle Stop Cafe having a plate of fried green tomatoes."
    ~Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThreadgoode View Post

In all the years I have been following this tragic case, I have never once heard about Nicole’s brother going missing as well, and for 15 years?! I am astounded to hear about this.

I have tried googling for more information regarding what you wrote, however I wasn’t successful.

Do you have any more information about him? How old was he when he went missing? Was he abducted? Did he manage to escape his kidnappers after all that time? How horrific that two children in the same family went missing.

Thank you.

ETA: Art’s brother killed his sister? Yet more info I had never heard of before. So much tragedy in this one family.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.the...er_family.html

Here is an article that talks about Art’s sister being killed by her husband (Art’s brother-in-law).

Quote Originally Posted by MrsThreadgoode View Post

Thank you.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2014/07/0...-nicole-morin/
    July 3 2014
    rbbm.
    “Things that we’re looking into make me believe that there is a good possibility that we could find her and figure out where she is,” said Det.-Const. Kim Litster-MacLeod.

“The tips that we’ve gotten recently lead us to believe that there are certain areas that we should looking at.”

Nicole’s father Art Morin shares Litster-MacLeod’s optimism and still believes she’s alive.

Nicole’s mother, who passed away in 2007, had a child from a previous marriage taken from her by the boy’s father. Fifteen years later, her son showed up at her door.

“So why shouldn’t I believe that the same thing could happen with Nicole,” Art Morin said.

Hi there MrsThreadGoode. It is my pleasure.
    I dont have much information about him other than what is already posted here but I wish i did.

Yes apparently Jeanette (Nicole's mother) has another child, a son, she had this child to another man.
    The son went missing and the father had some part to play in his disappearance. The son simply turned up one day after all those years of being gone.

Here is a quote from the article about the murder, there is not much information floating around about it:

At one point in the investigation, police travelled to Quebec to interview Art Morin’s brother-in-law, who was convicted of murdering Morin’s sister Gertrude in 1961. He has since died and police determined he was not in Toronto at the time of Nicole’s disappearance.
    It is also said that the "brother in law" (not sure of his name) held a grudge against the Morin's, that could imply Art and his wider family. I would be interested to know what this grudge was about, the reason for it, did he feel wronged by them? Whilst I dont think this man had anything directly to do with Nicole's disappearance you could question any connections the man had.

And if this guy held a grudge was there anyone else who shared his feelings such as his relatives or an accomplice that decided to abduct Nicole as a sort of punishment, the motive being revenge?
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree in my view so in order for someone to murder another you would have to question their upbringing and the kind of people they are surrounded by.

Tragedy has definitely hit this family, bad things have happened to BOTH Art and Jeanette, what does that mean, if anything? Then there was the end of their marriage as well.
    Is it just bad luck or was there something deeper going on? That has played on my mind a lot. I find these events to be unrelated yet feel there could be a relation. Maybe it really is just bad luck.

It does say they have cleared all family members but i do wonder what they mean by "all", do they just mean a few people in the wider family or everyone in the wider family? How were they cleared?

It is also said a woman was strangled to death in the same building two years later where Nicole lived, they did not find any connection but it does leave you wondering, lightning rarely strikes the same place twice in such a short amount of time, even if the perp is not the same for both cases one could argue the building attracted some shady people.

I've seen quite a few comments from people who say they lived in the same building or around this area as kids mentioning how strangers would come up to them and offer then candy and sweets outside or ask them to go with them somewhere, very creepy. Since there were a good few reports of this it could certainly confirm the idea there were some pedophiles in the area.

There was a mention of a young woman who was reported as possibly being Nicole, this woman claimed she was adopted at a young age but cannot remember her childhood. I am not sure whether anything further happened with that but surely a DNA sample would have been enough to identify her and get to the bottom of it, possibly they already have and she is not the same person.

Some of this info i share here is from R.J Hoshowsky's book.

Also "Lovie Riddle" the guy who claimed he had kidnapped Nicole and passed her onto someone else, i think he was full of it, he never gave the position or name of the person she was passed onto, how convenient right? I think Lovie was just a fantasist obsessed with committing crimes and wanted to insert himself into the crimes, pretending he played a part in them to be garner attention.

PS: I want to thank those who posted the sources as i could not remember where i had read them, its been a good while.

JMO.

Thank you all so very much for taking the time to send all this information my way. I am very grateful.

" ... in my mind I'm over at the Whistle Stop Cafe having a plate of fried green tomatoes."
    ~Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe

bump

Quote Originally Posted by thenotebook View Post
    Bumping for Nicole. Was it ever confirmed if they found a shoe in the elevator or not? Or why are they certain that she made it to the elevator?
    I realized no one had replied to your comment, i wish i knew the answer, i almost felt like the "shoe" was something they planted in there later to bring attention back to the case to sort of give the case some coverage after going cold, i get the feeling there's some conflicting info regarding the shoes, some say it was in the elevator but I feel there is something here that doesn't make sense.

Its a shame we dont have access to all the witness statements, that would make for something interesting and give us something to play with. From my point of view if two witnesses saw her in or around the lobby that would make it clear to me she made it, same with being outside the building, from what i have read there is a witness/witnesses claiming to see her outside the building.

If Nicole is still with us then she is now in her 40s, it is that kind of age where you start to really want to get to the bottom of who you are and to question things in my view, so i think if Nicole is still around i think there is a good chance we will know something in the next 5 years. That would be assuming Nicole has some kind of freedom or insight to escape or question her captor.

However its also true in a way that the longer this case goes on without hearing anything new the more likely she is deceased and has been deceased for years.
    How a perpetrator got Nicole out of that building without anyone hearing or seeing anything still baffles me, imo it would require some sly work.

Such a complicated and sad case indeed which has unfortunately remained cold for years, i will be back later this week to post some more info on this case as i do have more to post.

JMO. Peace

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 LastLast