CA CA - Mary Lou Boston, 23, Sacramento, 26 Sep 1968

Steph54

Reaction score
While investigating the missing person case of Mary Lou Boston, Sacramento Police Department discovered that her then husband, Silas Duane Boston, was responsible for several murders. Boston has recently been arrested for the 1978 murder of two English tourists, a crime classified as a maritime murder and currently under investigation by the FBI.

As for the 1968 disappearance of his first wife, Sacramento Police Department have witness statements that Silas admitted to driving Mary Lou to one of his favorite hunting locations, told her to run and shot her in the back of the head. When the first shot did not kill her, he shot her at close range. Published accounts of the crime vary as to whether he buried her or left her in a creek bed that eventually collapsed over her remains.

Below is an article that includes a link to the 28-page criminal complaint. Silas Duane Boston is also allegedly responsible for several other murders in Sacramento.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/p...in-connection-with-38-year-old-murder-at-sea/

It's been so long since the (alleged) murder, that any and all friends of Silas have likely died. I wonder if his sons would know where he liked to hunt? Going off the stories, that'd at least be a place to start. She has a DNA profile on record, right? Might just be a wait and see situation, sadly. :[

This guy's horrendously cruel. Robbing his sons of a mother (well, assuming she WAS their mother). Guess he didn't think divorce was good enough. ><

Yes, Mary Lou has a DNA profile.
This man was at large for so long, it makes me wonder how many people he may have harmed along the way, in addition to the ones mentioned in the articles.
What doesn't sit well with me is that he told a few people what he did to Mary Lou, and it doesn't appear that any of them notified the police, even anonymously. Maybe they didn't believe him, but if they knew his wife was missing, I would think they would believe him and tell someone. Here's hoping they can find her.

I have to say I have looked at Mary Lou's face for quite some time and wondered what became of her b/c her casfile perviously online had SCANT info. I did wonder if she could have any connection to the zodiac killer though and was laughed off a site for even WONDERING. Now seeing how sadistic Silas was AND that he has an Mo as well of killing not only females, but couples - I have to wonder again.

I wish I would have followed her case further, but I'm glad that there is finally movement. I have sent her in over the years as a possible UID in more than one case.

It is so interesting how important it is to search missing persons. In addition, if we do find out there is any connection between Silas Boston and the Zodiac it will make me feel better that I spent so much time looking into the possibility of Mary and other women possibly being Zodiac victims.

Her poor sons!

Silas is an absolute MONSTER.

"Silas Boston told the man that he &#8220;was unsure if he hit her in the back of her skull or the base of her skull but the shot didn&#8217;t kill her,&#8221; the complaint states. The man said Boston told him he approached his wife as she pleaded for her life &#8211; asking &#8220;What about the kids?&#8221; &#8211; before Boston delivered the fatal shot. Authorities said Boston told the man that he was left with blisters on his hands from burying her."

From the article above. Heartbreaking those were her last words and his response was to finish her off! I know many of us advocates look at the faces of these missing over the years and feel as if we have gotten to know them. This one hurts.

Why the sons didn&#8217;t speak up for so long:

&#8221;[FONT=&quot]All three told investigators that they had been too frightened of Boston to come forward before &#8211; citing a network of shadowy contacts, who the trio claimed could harm them on his behalf.&#8221;

[/FONT]https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...d-friend-beating-stabbing-drowning-funny.html
[FONT=&quot]
Russell Boston believes one of Silas&#8217;s &#8220;friends&#8221; whom he refers to only as &#8220;the apprentice&#8221; might have been EAR/ONS.

[/FONT]

Mary Lou Boston – The Charley Project

mary_lou_boston_1.jpg

Updated link.

Although there are some facial similarities, the circumstances seem quite different. The unidentified girl was stabbed in the throat, while the story of the missing girl is that she was shot in the back of the head and again at close range. Probably not the same person, but possibly two separate murders which are connected.

Mary Lou Boston, age 23​

mary_lou_boston_1.jpg

• Missing Since 09/01/1968
  • Missing From Sacramento, California
  • Classification Endangered Missing
  • Sex Female
  • Race White
  • Date of Birth 12/04/1944 (78)
  • Age 23 years old
  • Height and Weight 5'4, 120 pounds
  • Distinguishing Characteristics Caucasian female. Brown hair, brown eyes.

Details of Disappearance​

Mary was last seen in Sacramento, California on September 1, 1968. She has never been heard from again. Her brother reported her missing; he stated in the police report that Mary's disappearance was extremely uncharacteristic, as she was a devoted mother to her three children and wouldn't have abandoned them.

Mary was married to Silas Duane Boston at the time of her disappearance. Her brother stated Silas acted "nervous and jittery" when Mary disappeared, didn't report his wife missing and said he didn't want to get involved. Mary's brother also noted that a .22 caliber rifle, one of Silas's prized possessions, was missing. Silas said he had traded the rifle for some items he wanted.

In December 2016, at the age of 75, Silas was charged in a double homicide committed at sea in 1978. Federal agents were investigating him as a suspect in Mary's disappearance when one of Silas's sons told them that as a thirteen-year-old, he'd witnessed his father murder two British tourists and throw them overboard in the Caribbean Sea. The bodies of Dr. Christopher Farmer and his girlfriend, Peta Frampton, were found in the Caribbean Sea off the coast of Guatemala on July 8, 1978.

Silas allegedly bragged to others about shooting Mary to death and burying her body at an undisclosed location. He told one traveling partner that he'd shot Mary twice as she begged for her life, then buried her body near a remote creek in nothern California. He told the same person that he'd killed two tourists in Belize and three drug dealers in Sacramento. He may have also been involved in a hit-and-run homicide in Sacramento in 1972.

Silas never faced trial for Farmer and Frampton's murders or any other cases; he died of natural causes in April 2017. Foul play is suspected in Mary's case due to the circumstances involved.

Investigating Agency​

• Sacramento Police Department 916-808-0621

Source Information​

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member