UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

attachment.php

Red map pin is the horseshoe and the corner of the Cornhill shopping centre.

The green pins are the route to the river

The orange pin is where Eastgate St crosses the river

(self-made image on a Google maps base)

Attachments

• BSE1.jpg
    BSE1.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 51
attachment.php

Blue pin is the point over the river at Eastgate St

Red pin is the point where you can either walk up to Great Livermore or down to Ixworth and turn north from there to Honington

(self-made map with Google maps base)

Attachments

• BSE2.jpg
    BSE2.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 41
attachment.php

This is the view on Streetview from Google maps. The railing on the left is what I think SLD286 is referring to. The wall to the left of the lady and going down toward the arch in the bridge is what I'm referring to as a possible risk point for slipping in?

Attachments

• BSE3.jpg
    BSE3.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 41
attachment.php

That's the bridge over the Lark in Eastgate Street.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 44
Amonet. I think the phone pings can be explained by the bin lorry and the bridge over the Lark is worth a look if that area hasn't been searched already.
James and Marky, I have looked at the family updates 3 dec and 20 nov. Dec just says vehicles are being investigated and nov says 4 vehicles with 1 being a bin lorry. Both updates mention horseshoe area rather than just horseshoe and I have not seen cars mentioned unless they are mentioned elsewhere, like the forcestv doc which I haven't been able to view.

Now we have gone to a new thread it will be difficult again to easily refer back to the maps and photos for reference so hope these can be brought forward.

Now we have gone to a new thread it will be difficult again to easily refer back to the maps and photos for reference so hope these can be brought forward.

RSBM

I just copied a few posts with the maps and photos over to this thread. :)

The family have been on GMB this morning. Can catch up on ITV+1 if your quick

Midsummer those detailed maps are brilliant I didn't realise how far in the opposite direction Corries car was thanks for all your hard work x

An article in The Courier today with Nicola discussing the police.

She mentions:

"From day one, I was being told that it was being treated as a homicide, without any evidence or a body.

Is it acceptable to then remove resources so that you can’t view CCTV, that you can’t put the identities of the people you are trying to look for because you don’t have the resources?

That’s not the police officers on the ground, that’s at a far higher level."

The article describes the family manning the calls due to lack of police resources .... then finishes by asking anyone with information to call the police incident room number. No mention of the family's own numbers at all.

ETA: Would this be a requirement of the media, to only publish the police / crimestoppers numbers during a live investigation?

She mentions:

"From day one, I was being told that it was being treated as a homicide, without any evidence or a body.

I don't want to be disrespectful to anyone, but logically that statement just makes no sense to me. Why would you treat it as a homicide if there was zero evidence that it was? surely you could only conclude that it was homicide if you had something that pointed you that way (however tiny that something might be)...in the total absence of any evidence it could be any number of things...and resources not being infinite (as horrible as it is that it comes down to that :( ) you would want to be sure that you were *barking up the right tree*. I don't know what is being said publicly v's what's being thought privately, but there seems little evidence of anyone other than the family (not the Police, not the RAF) regarding it as being that criminally serious. Which must be awful for the family. I don't know what to think anymore.

RSMB

I just copied a few posts with the maps and photos over to this thread. :)
That is so helpful now we have them all in one place and thanks midsummer for the timeline map which does seem to show he was not heading back to his car unless he got over or through those buildings. If he fell in the river then what was flow like that weekend ? And when did searches begin?

Quick questions....... which way did the bin lorry leave the horseshoe? Down Short Brackland or past Greenwoods?

Also, I'm thinking Corrie knew there was a shortcut back via the carpark on the other side of the horseshoe, but instead of going down one of the snickets accidently (slightly boozed, just woken up & disorientated) went into the horseshoe instead of thru the snicket, thru the car park and back down to where his car was. Maybe he was thinking, food, nap and drive back (initially). We don't know if has has or hasn't done that before.

Also, can someone reconfirm the time the bin lorry arrived in the horse shoe.
And, wouldn't the bin lorry have a tracker????!

She mentions:

Is it acceptable to then remove resources so that you can’t view CCTV, that you can’t put the identities of the people you are trying to look for because you don’t have the resources?

That’s not the police officers on the ground, that’s at a far higher level."

The article describes the family manning the calls due to lack of police resources .... then finishes by asking anyone with information to call the police incident room number ;) No mention of the family's own numbers at all.

But has this changed again from the other day ?

The other day, the MSM carried interviews where it was said that it was definitely not the lack of resources BUT incompetence and betrayal.

Now we are back to lack of resources.

It is an unusual case, in so much as if Corrie left the horseshoe area unseen by any of the cameras, then he would have had to do so in a vehicle.

In the horseshoe area there were three vehicles (no idea of the times these vehicles departed or even arrived. Or indeed if they were parked there to begin with and then departed).

If he was in one of these vehicles, then there is (publicly at least) no idea of the direction they travelled in after they departed Bury, or there ultimate destination.

So, where would you begin a "mass public search" for him ?

The only "clue" there is, is that his phone pinged in Bury and then pinged 28 minutes later it pinged in the Barton Mills area.
But this "pinged data" closely matches the route (and time) a bin lorry took, which also departed the same area as Corrie did.

If Corrie and his phone were in that area together, it doesn't necessarily mean they are both still there together. He could be anywhere.

If only his phone was in that area and it had been transported in the rubbish, then Corrie could again be anywhere.

Trying to establish whether he got into one of those vehicles "unwillingly of willingly" would be a start, but they don't even know if he'd arranged a to meet one of those vehicles or not.

He could for example have gone to meet a vehicle "willingly", but then been taken "unwillingly".
His phone dumped into a bin and then taken anywhere. In such a case, where would you deploy a "mass search involving the General Public" ?

Goldilox - You can only leave the horseshoe area in a vehicle via ShortBrackland *or Looms Lane* (not inc motorbike - cycle etc). Take a look at the beginning of this thread and look at the screenshots of the area to get an idea. Also get on google maps and streetview and take a virtual wander around the area.

*added - Thanks Polo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member