Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

Thank you,
Tricia
Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

Admin Warning

This ain't my first rodeo. ;) I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

:doorhide:

Matt Gutman's coverage of the Tera Smith comparison to SP story: https://gma.yahoo.com/missing-calif...e-jogger-173602268--abc-news-topstories.html#

From link:

On Thanksgiving, Papini's husband Keith received a phone call with his wife screaming on the other end. He raced to the hospital where she was taken, over two hours away. He said at first he was not allowed in to see her, but when they let him in, he raced to her bedside...

Papini has what he calls an “A Team” composed of friends who have formed what they call a “war room” and run a shadow operation to find Sherri Papini’s alleged abductors. Authorities continue to track down leads in the case. No arrests have been made.

https://gma.yahoo.com/missing-calif...e-jogger-173602268--abc-news-topstories.html#

posted by dc211:

'm not implying anything, simply stating that the linked article never mentions anything about the girls involved in this sex trafficking arrest being kidnapped. The poster didn't speculate or imply kidnapping they specifically said the suspect was arrested for it, followed by 9 exclamation points.

Posting about a sex trafficking arrest and saying the suspect was kidnapping girls is obviously done to try and prop up the story that SP was taken by sex traffickers. If that wasn't the intent then why post something like that in this thread.
============================================================================================================
[ ^^ brought over from last thread]

Here is the link:

http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

In the link above, it says:
The criminal complaint charged Gunn with the sex trafficking of a child by force, fear, fraud or coercion.

So he FORCED a 16 yr old girl, to stay in a cheap motel, and have sex with multiple strangers. That is the same thing as kidnapping, in my opinion. She did not set out to live in that room and be branded by him, which she was, and be threatened and stolen from and essentially raped.

So I have no problem saying she was kidnapped by him. She was a HOSTAGE. He branded the girls with his name on their faces or their necks:

Many of Gunn’s victims “branded” with his moniker

Gunn, who goes by the street name, “Classified,” allegedly branded many of his prostitutes, including the 16-year-old girl with tattoos of his moniker. Many had his moniker tattooed over their right eyes or on their upper bodies. Gunn did this to permanently mark the sex workers he forced into prostitution.

According to officials, this type of tattooing, commonly referred to as “branding,” is commonly used by sex traffickers to not only dehumanize their victims, but to also permanently mark them as the personal property of the human trafficker.

I am NOT trying to say this is what happened to SP. I don't know what happened to her for certain. I now she was abducted but not the who/what/why's of it all yet.

The reason that I used nine exclamation marks was not because of SP. It was because my daughter was alone, at night, walking her dog, alongside this 'neighbor', that had 20 women locked in cheap motel rooms, being held hostage.

Good Night everyone !!

Thread is closed and will reopen tomorrow.

It's also important to note that this man was going about his business seemingly unsuspecting, as it's usually the "bottoms" doing the brunt of the dirty work. The 2 Hispanic women that abducted SP could be bottoms, IMO.

Bottom — A female appointed by the trafficker/pimp to supervise the others and report rule violations. Operating as his “right hand,” the Bottom may help instruct victims, collect money, book hotel rooms, post ads, or inflict punishments on other girls.
http://sharedhope.org/the-problem/trafficking-terms/

posted by dc211:

'm not implying anything, simply stating that the linked article never mentions anything about the girls involved in this sex trafficking arrest being kidnapped. The poster didn't speculate or imply kidnapping they specifically said the suspect was arrested for it, followed by 9 exclamation points.

Posting about a sex trafficking arrest and saying the suspect was kidnapping girls is obviously done to try and prop up the story that SP was taken by sex traffickers. If that wasn't the intent then why post something like that in this thread.
============================================================================================================
[ ^^ brought over from last thread]

Here is the link:

http://riversidecountynewssource.or...king-ring-uncovers-20-victims-many-juveniles/

In the link above, it says:
The criminal complaint charged Gunn with the sex trafficking of a child by force, fear, fraud or coercion.

So he FORCED a 16 yr old girl, to stay in a cheap motel, and have sex with multiple strangers. That is the same thing as kidnapping, in my opinion. She did not set out to live in that room and be branded by him, which she was, and be threatened and stolen from and essentially raped.

So I have no problem saying she was kidnapped by him. She was a HOSTAGE. He branded the girls with his name on their faces or their necks:

Many of Gunn’s victims “branded” with his moniker

Gunn, who goes by the street name, “Classified,” allegedly branded many of his prostitutes, including the 16-year-old girl with tattoos of his moniker. Many had his moniker tattooed over their right eyes or on their upper bodies. Gunn did this to permanently mark the sex workers he forced into prostitution.

According to officials, this type of tattooing, commonly referred to as “branding,” is commonly used by sex traffickers to not only dehumanize their victims, but to also permanently mark them as the personal property of the human trafficker.

I am NOT trying to say this is what happened to SP. I don't know what happened to her for certain. I now she was abducted but not the who/what/why's of it all yet.

The reason that I used nine exclamation marks was not because of SP. It was because my daughter was alone, at night, walking her dog, alongside this 'neighbor', that had 20 women locked in cheap motel rooms, being held hostage.

Thanks for re opening. Question. In one of JG's responses to the Record Searchlight article, she said that the only scam call(s) they received on their "ransom" phone were from the Rec.Srch....... also (previously, CG stated that they were not working with LE). So, my question is, IF there were any calls received on the "ransom phone" and LE was never informed of them, is that not obstructing justice? Reportedly,information was being given to PI Garcia, being KP's "A-team" investigator, in a parallel investigation to that of Bosenko......Garcia has subsequently publicly stated that he believes this to be a sex trafficking case......so, what information does HE have that has not been shared with Bosenko and the official investigators?????? JMO

I'm a bit baffled by the fixation on sex trafficking. It seems the LEO aren't taking it seriously. Maybe they haven't ruled it out, but they haven't ruled out anything... There have not been any reports of sexual assault. Most experts say this isn't a typical sexual trafficking case. Why the push to make this sexual trafficking with zero evidence?

It's also important to note that this man was going about his business seemingly unsuspecting, as it's usually the "bottoms" doing the brunt of the dirty work. The 2 Hispanic women that abducted SP could be bottoms, IMO.

Bottom — A female appointed by the trafficker/pimp to supervise the others and report rule violations. Operating as his “right hand,” the Bottom may help instruct victims, collect money, book hotel rooms, post ads, or inflict punishments on other girls.
http://sharedhope.org/the-problem/trafficking-terms/

YES. Good point. This man lived in a complex in a quiet, upscale neighborhood, 2 hours away from the cheap motel full of his 'girls.' And that is without traffic. It would take 3 or more hours at rush hour.

So he had to have a lot of people doing the grunt work.

I'm a bit baffled by the fixation on sex trafficking. It seems the LEO aren't taking it seriously. Maybe they haven't ruled it out, but they haven't ruled out anything... There have not been any reports of sexual assault. Most experts say this isn't a typical sexual trafficking case. Why the push to make this sexual trafficking with zero evidence?

No one is 'pushing' it. I am 'discussing' it because she was branded, chained and held hostage for 3 weeks, and not killed. That fits the description of what traffickers do to their prey.

She might not have been taken by traffickers, but she was treated in a similar fashion.

And I am focused on it specifically because yesterday I found out how easy it is for someone to run across a 'boss' and a pimp, without even realizing the danger. :eek:

Could it be because of the branding which is commonly seen with sex trafficking?

Thanks so much to the mods who keep these threads civilized unlike most of what else is out there on forums on the internet - not just for Sherri's threads but ALL the threads.

And thanks so so much for laying down the terms in detail for Sherri's threads. I stopped reading about 2 threads ago because I was tired of insinuations. So glad to come back again to read updated information.

I have no doubt that horrific things occurred; and feel horrible about what SP had to endure. i will say there are lots of rumblings about the couple here in Redding, and from what I have heard, it's led me to believe that their focus is on not having a cat out of the bag, rather than finding justice fo SP.

I agree! The sex trafficking obsession is amplified by the unofficial (in my opinion, rogue) investigator publicly saying that is what he believes. He does not say WHY, though......JMO

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Snipped for focus... since I've missed a couple of threads, can someone just fill me in on whether the link for this official report is in one of the threads, or is the link even off limits at this point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee