Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #20

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

Thank you,
Tricia
Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

Admin Warning

This ain't my first rodeo. ;) I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

In California I think areas to check might be:
Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

And also Medford, Oregon.

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.

I'm hoping Lake16 will see this and maybe answer tomorrow.

Lake16,

Given that there's a lot of information you cannot comment on and have joined the board on this case on WS, is there a particular hope or goal you have in regards to WSleuthers and the discussion of this case?

How can WS best assist you/the case?

I want to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. We are to sleuth Hispanic women, who may have committed similar violent crimes, correct? Those who meet the description given? Therefore, most likely all Hispanic women, whose names appear on an arrest log or report. Although no one has been named a POI or suspect, right?

No, because it is unlikely that every single Hispanic woman on a police blog was involved in a violent crime.

Here is where you need to use common sense. If on a police blotter two Hispanic women tried to kidnap a female jogger then there you go. That is something to look into.

If 2 female Hispanic women are on the police blog for a violent carjacking where someone got hurt, is it a far leap to think they are capable of kidnapping? I don't think so.

Risky violent behavior is what we are looking for.

If 2 female Hispanic women are caught shop-lifting and it's in a police blotter or mainstream media then absolutely not.

This is very important: ONLY POST THE INITIALS ALONG WITH THE LINK TO THE BLOG OR NEWSPAPER ARTICLE.

ONLY LOCAL MEDIA AND LOCAL POLICE BLOGS FROM THE SURROUNDING AREA. LAKE16 MENTIONS THE CITIES AROUND REDWOOD

DO NOT SLEUTH THEIR SOCIAL MEDIA AND EXPECT TO POST IT ON WEBSLEUTHS. IT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED.

I wish we had more to go on but this is it. We are not profiling. We are trying to find perps who fit the description we have been given who may have committed other violent crimes leading up to the kidnapping of Sherri.

If all we had to go one was a white woman with red hair then that's who we would look for.

Here is a list of areas surrounding where Sherri was taken. Thank you Lake16

Lake16 said: Thank you for the marvelous question!

What I would like to see happen is a sleuthing of media articles and to the extent they are available, police logs, for the last 12-18 months to see if we can find similar MO's of two female Hispanics attempting to abduct people, or possibly attacking people or some other serious crime. And also if any arrests were made. That information might help identify the perpetrators.

Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

In my opinion that would be more productive than discussing what type of "hose clamps" SP had on (LE already knows), what KP should or should not have done or said (it's been done already and he is not a suspect) or any other number of details which LE already knows the answer to.
Tricia

Clarification would be great but even SP may not know exactly. It was dark, she had a bag over her head and was disoriented.

I can only work with what we know. Photographic evidence was very scant in the media, I believe limited to video reports from MSM (linked in the map) and I think even they were making an educated guess.

What we have been told my LE/MSM

SP was dropped off close to the intersection of Cty Rd 17 and I5
She walked to a junk yard, but was scared by a dog (not sure if this is confirmed to be accurate)
She then walked to the church, but nobody was there.
Then she walked to I5 where she tried to flag down help
The witness who saw her and pulled over later to call 911, was travelling north on I5. (This would be east side)

Personally I think if all of the above is correct. Considering it was dark, she was disoriented and chained in some way, I don't believe she would have walked too far. I think she was dropped off on the west side on Cty Rd 17, a short distance from the drill yard (junk yard) She then walked to the next building that had lights (the church across over the bridge, that crosses I5) When she found nobody was there she walked to the next logical place, the verge of I5 across the access road.

I believe this is where the evidence marker was. The grass beside the access road, and the north bound lane of I5. (NE side of the intersection)That is why I put the marker where it is.

If any of the above is incorrect pls advise and I can make changes.

I agree based I what I have seen, she was dropped off on the west side. But I disagree with the location. I believe she was dropped of on Southbound I-5 right at the exit. If you look at the videos of the crime scene, you can see LEOs gathered around the southbound exit sign. Exit 542 Yolo. The sign in the videos matches up perfectly to the southbound exit sign and you see the orchard trees on the west side of of I-5 in the background. That area seems to be the center of the investigation in the video.

So here is my map of the route I believe she walked. 1. SP was dropped off by the southbound exit sign on I-5. The location of the investigation in the news videos. 2. SP walked down the exit ramp, past the junk yard AKA the drilling company, and crossed over the Interstate on Road 17. 3. She went to the church, and after finding nothing there she walked back to the interstate, and preceded to walk up the northbound exit ramp and onto the freeway. 4. She stood on the gore point and started trying to flag down motorists. Per the witness who saw her and called 911. The location is backed up by the Sheriff's Department dispatch tapes which clearly stated that she was on Northbound I-5, south of Yolo.

If anybody has different information, please correct me.

1193pfn.jpg

Lake16, is there a reason(s) you noted these specific cities other than the fact they're surrounding of Redding? Bringing this question over from the last thread in case it was missed.

Redding,
Susanville,
Yreka
Eureka,
Red Bluff,
Chico,
Oroville,
Yuba City/Marysville
Woodland
Sacramento

I agree based I what I have seen, she was dropped off on the west side. But I disagree with the location. I believe she was dropped of on Southbound I-5 right at the exit. If you look at the videos of the crime scene, you can see LEOs gathered around the southbound exit sign. Exit 542 Yolo. The sign in the videos matches up perfectly to the southbound exit sign and you see the orchard trees on the west side of of I-5 in the background. That area seems to be the center of the investigation in the video.

So here is my map of the route I believe she walked. 1. SP was dropped off by the southbound exit sign on I-5. The location of the investigation in the news videos. 2. SP walked down the exit ramp, past the junk yard AKA the drilling company, and crossed over the Interstate on Road 17. 3. She went to the church, and after finding nothing there she walked back to the interstate, and preceded to walk up the northbound exit ramp and onto the freeway. 4. She stood on the gore point and started trying to flag down motorists. Per the witness who saw her and called 911. The location is backed up by the Sheriff's Department dispatch tapes which clearly stated that she was on Northbound I-5, south of Yolo.

1193pfn.jpg
She did not show up on video from the church, which is why I think KP left it out of the 20/20 interview...she may have been mistaken...maybe thought about it.

Excellent map btw

She did not show up on video from the church, which is why I think KP left it out of the 20/20 interview...she may have been mistaken...maybe thought about it.

Excellent map btw

So the church she went to get help from didn't catch her on the cameras?

Are there other churches in that area?

1193pfn.jpg
How far is it from first location to final? Thanks

Excellent map btw

Just because she didn't show up on video, doesn't mean she wasn't there. It's just means she wasn't in view of the camera. Church cameras are not that reliable. Just look at the Missy Bevers case.

How far is it from first location to final? Thanks

I would say less than one mile, if she walked direct. If she walked around a bit or made any side trips it could have been more than a mile.

Just because she didn't show up on video, doesn't mean she wasn't there. It's just means she wasn't in view of the camera. Church cameras are not that reliable. Just look at the Missy Bevers case.

And the VI says Keith's interview was edited down from four hours of questions to about 30 minutes.
The church would seem like a safe place to try and find help IMO.

I have no first hand knowledge, I am relaying information from 20/20 and MSM report that included the video. You could be right.

And the VI says Keith's interview was edited down from four hours of questions to about 30 minutes.

Not if it's closed up, and dark, and if you are worried that the kidnappers might come back

There was actually a sort of reenactment of places she went (20/20)...it stood out to me that the church wasn't mentioned. I find it hard to believe they would edit the first place she was said to have gone - so I did a quick search and found the church video info. I assumed they viewed the outside cameras since it was said no one was there. Inside cameras would be pointless, JMO

There was actually a sort of reenactment of places she went (20/20)...it stood out to me that the church wasn't mentioned. I find it hard to believe they would edit the first place she was said to have gone - so I did a quick search and found the church video info. I assumed they viewed the outside cameras since it was said no one was there. Inside cameras would be pointless, JMO

Do you have the link handy?

Not if it's closed up, and dark, and if you are worried that the kidnappers might come back

No, I mean if you see a church you might try to see if someone might possibly be there to help call police or use a phone to call your family. A long shot at 4am but still...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie