UK UK - Corrie McKeague, 23, Bury St Edmunds, 24 September 2016 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greater Than

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
do75ld.jpg

https://www.suffolk.police.uk/sites/suffolk/files/page/downloads/corriemckeague-missing-poster.pdf

Fears growing for missing RAF serviceman who vanished after night out

Concerns were growing today for the safety of a young military policeman who vanished after a night out and may have tried to walk eight miles back to his base.

[...]

Camera operators saw him getting up and walking off - but he failed to return to Honington, the headquarters of the RAF Force Protection who guard UK military installations around the world.

Despite an appeal to motorists, villagers along the serviceman’s route and a search by the Suffolk police helicopter there has been no trace of him.

Corrie is described as white, 5ft 10ins tall, medium build, with short light brown hair. He was wearing a light-pink polo shirt and white jeans when last seen.

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9

ADMIN NOTE: The Facebook page is now OFF LIMITS.

You may refer to Corrie's website as a source for updates from the family: www.findcorrie.co.uk

As always, LE and MSM references are preferred.

Any reference to the FB page discussion will be removed, no questions asked.

Any questions should be addressed in a private message (PM) to a moderator or an admin.

The thread is now open for posting.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Bessie
WS Administrator

Did this 0430 in mildenhall fact go on the timeline? The 0800 is on there but not the beginning time. Also is there anything further re the MSM "no blood on the recovered phone" quote?

0300: Shift start time & vehicle checked
0352: Vehicle departs for SB (8 minute journey from site to 'Horseshoe').
0400: Bin man enters SB
0405: Driver fills in collection paperwork.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure
0420: Bin man sees three teenagers in SB
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure
0430: Bin man departs SB for BM (31 minute journey from 'Horseshoe' to BM roundabout).
0501: Bin lorry arrives at BM roundabout/Mildenhall.

21(15): Corrie feeds the dog and locks him in the bathroom.
21(30): Two cars with Corrie's workmates depart Hon.
2200: Corrie departs Hon in his own car (with a passenger?).
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/what-time-did-corrie-leave-raf-honington/
2221: Corrie parks in disabled bay in Robert Roby Way.
2221-2300: Corrie drinks in his car whilst making a phone call to Darroch.
2305: Corrie walks to SoBar pub and meets up with work colleagues.
2320: Corrie walks to Weatherspoons.
0001: Corrie leaves Weatherspoons around midnight for Flex.
Source- BBC Look East Evening News 12122016
0015: Corrie enters Flex night club.
0040: Corrie is 'ejected' from the nightclub.
0055: Corrie enters kebab shop.
0115: Corrie leaves kebab shop with kebab, chips and two burgers.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/isnt-it-weird-to-sleep-in-a-doorway/
Corrie seen walking purposefully towards The Grapes pub.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/what-time-is-the-1st-cctv-that-we-see-him-on/
0300: Shift start time for bin man. Vehicle checked.
0308: Corrie sends/receives photo image from Hughes.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-the-text-message-corrie-sent-at-0308-been-looked-in-to/
0319: Two persons seen walking from Market Square towards McDonalds.
https://www.suffolk.police.uk/news/missing-persons/corrie-mckeague
0321: White Tshirt man, Cornhill walk.
0324: Last CCTV sighting of Corrie.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46UD0lk-c2g
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/when-and-where-was-corrie-last-seen/
0326: Two people with light clothing seen coming from Market Square towards McDonalds.
0335: Dark clothing1 man, Cornhill Walk.
0340: Running man, Lurker & Legs man seen in 'Horseshoe'.
0352: Bin lorry departs (Hollow Lane) for BSE.
0356: Bicycle man, cycling around Cornhill area.
0400: Bin lorry enters SB.
0405: Bin lorry driver fills in collection paperwork.
0410: Bins lorry driver starts collection procedure of ONE BIN with 11kgs of material in it. It then drives to its next pick up in Mildenhall and onto the recycling centre outside of the county via the Barton Mills roundabout.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure.
0420: Bin man finishes collection procedure in SB. Three teenagers seen in Shortbrackland by bin man.
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure.
0430: Corrie's phone left the BSE mast area. Bin lorry departs SB and heads towards Mildenhall for a collection, along A1101 via the BM roundabout.
0455: (Bin lorry is at Barton Mills roundabout.)
0500: Corrie's phone enters the BM mast area.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-corries-phone-been-checked/
0501: Dark clothing2 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0501: (Bin lorry is at BM roundabout/Mildenhall).
0503: (Corrie's phone would be at BM roundabout at this time.
0518: Dark clothing3 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0520: Dark backpack man seen in Cornhill Market Square area.
0800: Corrie's phone is last active within the BM mast area.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZCCnULs34

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm actually thinking of a much simpler scenario.

He hangs around in Hughes' doorway in the hope that he can cadge a lift back with someone later on when the bars and clubs turn out. After waking he looks for somewhere quiet to have a pee (somehow his phone ends up in the bin) and he starts the walk back to base inadvertently dodging the CCTV (I'm not convinced that there's no way he could get out of the horseshoe unseen by CCTV).

His brother said in a clip I watched yesterday (which I will go back and source in a minute) in answer to a question on whether he had ever walked back to camp before 'he'd only got so far along' implying in my mind that on other nights out he had hitched a lift back either with other service personnel returning to camp or with strangers.

I think it's possible that this was his intention and hope that someone would stop for him. I think then that it's possible when said lift didn't materialise that he had an accident/got injured/got lost trying to cut across country.
It is after all a common outcome when young men full of drink go missing in the early hours, more common than any sinister 3rd party involvement.

Now I'm going to source the interview where Darroch said that brb

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N1pm-NL8TKI&feature=youtu.be

approx 2.40 in

Looking at the bottom image in post #4 in this thread, if Corrie was sitting in Hughes doorway and called someone on WhatsApp for a lift home, they could have driven right up to Hughes? So why wander off to the horseshoe? Was Corrie planning on heading back to Hughes straight after peeing to get that lift? CCTV should preclude being able to do that completely unseen, shouldn't it?

After the final few pages of the last thread, I am starting to go back to my first hypothesis, that Corrie got a lift with a random stranger and somehow this lift turned bad. I think it's possible for Corrie to at least get half-way down Short Brackland without CCTV seeing him *if* he crosses out of the horseshoe when the Greenwoods camera is facing the other way. My query now is more about whether Corrie could get anywhere else without being seen on CCTV, and manage to get into a car for a lift offered by a stranger (or at best someone who's a bare acquaintance who happens to be in the area).

A literal kidnapping from the horseshoe or SB should make enough noise that someone would notice (but on the other hand the three teens may have been making some noise/arguing/laughing that could cover up or blend with sounds of a struggle between Corrie and someone else? It seems unlikely to me, but it's possible.

The less time Corrie spends on the open streets, the less opportunity he's going to be spotted by anyone. If Corrie makes it to an A road to walk and try to hitch a lift, then I think someone would remember. I tend to have firmer memories of people walking down the side of an A road in the middle of the night, because it's an anachronism that stands out than I do of people who I've walked past in the street or even strangers I've interacted with in the day time.

So, say someone offers Corrie a lift, Corrie's just said he's going back to base...the driver should be able to tell the difference between a Scottish accent and a US accent, so I'm not sure how there could be confusion over which base? But maybe the driver could at least take Corrie to the Tesco garage? Then Corrie mentions his car is parked in town and ideally he'd like to pick it up about 8 before it gets ticketed...driver says I live down in Barton Mills direction, you can kip on my settee until 8 and I'll give you a lift back into town so you can get your car? Corrie is relaxed and okay with this -- he likes making new friends.

Unfortunately this person is a sex attacker who likes young men, and once back at his place, things go bad and Corrie is injured and never seen again.

We could say this is extremely unlikely. However, I am starting to suspect there are far more sex attacks on males than we have any concept of, just because most victims are so ashamed that they keep it quiet, and most attackers manage to prey on younger and more vulnerable people and successfully pressure the victim to keep quiet and feel they can't report what happened. So any prior preying by an attacker can go hidden for years as they develop as an attacker in a similar way to a paedophile managing to cover their tracks for years and years.

The Grindr and Happn or apps that give someone's location and tell you if someone's in the area, aren't they using the phone's GPS to achieve that? And we've been told Corrie's phone's GPS wasn't on, or it would have given a much better location than just saying which mast he was closest to?

I can't believe we're on thread 10 and we're no further forward on this. Where are you Corrie?

Looking at the bottom image in post #4 in this thread, if Corrie was sitting in Hughes doorway and called someone on WhatsApp for a lift home, they could have driven right up to Hughes? So why wander off to the horseshoe? Was Corrie planning on heading back to Hughes straight after peeing to get that lift? CCTV should preclude being able to do that completely unseen, shouldn't it?

After the final few pages of the last thread, I am starting to go back to my first hypothesis, that Corrie got a lift with a random stranger and somehow this lift turned bad. I think it's possible for Corrie to at least get half-way down Short Brackland without CCTV seeing him *if* he crosses out of the horseshoe when the Greenwoods camera is facing the other way. My query now is more about whether Corrie could get anywhere else without being seen on CCTV, and manage to get into a car for a lift offered by a stranger (or at best someone who's a bare acquaintance who happens to be in the area).

A literal kidnapping from the horseshoe or SB should make enough noise that someone would notice (but on the other hand the three teens may have been making some noise/arguing/laughing that could cover up or blend with sounds of a struggle between Corrie and someone else? It seems unlikely to me, but it's possible.

The less time Corrie spends on the open streets, the less opportunity he's going to be spotted by anyone. If Corrie makes it to an A road to walk and try to hitch a lift, then I think someone would remember. I tend to have firmer memories of people walking down the side of an A road in the middle of the night, because it's an anachronism that stands out than I do of people who I've walked past in the street or even strangers I've interacted with in the day time.

So, say someone offers Corrie a lift, Corrie's just said he's going back to base...the driver should be able to tell the difference between a Scottish accent and a US accent, so I'm not sure how there could be confusion over which base? But maybe the driver could at least take Corrie to the Tesco garage? Then Corrie mentions his car is parked in town and ideally he'd like to pick it up about 8 before it gets ticketed...driver says I live down in Barton Mills direction, you can kip on my settee until 8 and I'll give you a lift back into town so you can get your car? Corrie is relaxed and okay with this -- he likes making new friends.

Unfortunately this person is a sex attacker who likes young men, and once back at his place, things go bad and Corrie is injured and never seen again.

We could say this is extremely unlikely. However, I am starting to suspect there are far more sex attacks on males than we have any concept of, just because most victims are so ashamed that they keep it quiet, and most attackers manage to prey on younger and more vulnerable people and successfully pressure the victim to keep quiet and feel they can't report what happened. So any prior preying by an attacker can go hidden for years as they develop as an attacker in a similar way to a paedophile managing to cover their tracks for years and years.

I agree 80% with this hypothesis. The only bit I don't agree with is the sofa. Why a complete stranger would offer Corrie a sofa for the night is absolutely strange unless he knew him well. Additionally, regardless of whether Corrie likes to make friends or not I very much doubt if he'd feel comfortable sleeping on a complete strangers sofa, in his strange house in a strange environment unless it was a willing situation.
I'm leaning more to a variation on a honey trap situation that was suggested by James in a thread way back. The 'wrong way/one way' street sticks in my mind that was mentioned by a witness. The slow phone speed towards Barton Mills mast area. It all suggests a delay in progression and I can't quite put my finger on the reason why yet...other than an 'in vehicle' struggle.

I don't think it particularly matters if Corrie was gay or not. If he's been attacked by someone he was planning to meet, it makes no difference - either way, he's potentially the victim of assault.
I am still lurching between a tragic accident and he'll eventually be found somewhere or someone driving around with ill intentions, picking young men up when there is opportunity. I can't help wondering about Luke Durbin...

I'm actually thinking of a much simpler scenario.

He hangs around in Hughes' doorway in the hope that he can cadge a lift back with someone later on when the bars and clubs turn out. After waking he looks for somewhere quiet to have a pee (somehow his phone ends up in the bin) and he starts the walk back to base inadvertently dodging the CCTV (I'm not convinced that there's no way he could get out of the horseshoe unseen by CCTV).

I think it's possible that this was his intention and hope that someone would stop for him. I think then that it's possible when said lift didn't materialise that he had an accident/got injured/got lost trying to cut across country.
It is after all a common outcome when young men full of drink go missing in the early hours, more common than any sinister 3rd party involvement.

I am leaning in with this explanation.
Its strange because I was reading earlier today about a young man who went missing in Stroud in Kent last weekend. ( I dont think he is related to Corries disappearance) However a week later without any CCTV footage or witnesses his family have released a statement that they believed he fell into the river Medway and had drowned.

Link
http://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/news/missing-teens-heartbroken-family-117344/

Although it makes sense what makes Corries disappearance any different that this one? Young lads on a night out too much to drink, go missing. No suggestion of third parties or crimes and I am left scratching my head at why this case is being treated differently? What makes this (Corries case) more than a missing person case? Because clearly something does. I get the distinct feeling we are NOT been told something.(Buy us I mean the public not just websleuths)

Is it because Corrie is RAF?

Or his mum is Police? One of them so to speak. And if it is that why the change of tact towards them from her?

Or is it a third thing that we are not privvy too?

The CCTV is compelling viewing but it clearly doesnt tell the whole story.

I tell you what this whole thing is making my head hurt :(

I really do hope he is found for his family and friends but we have to concede that as the days go on that is looking less likely.

It could be that they've found something to suggest he went into the river. A few years ago, a friend of mine vanished on the way home from a Christmas party. Eventually one of his shoes was found in the mud at the side of the canal, he'd presumably gone down the bank for a pee, overbalanced and drowned. He was found in the canal. That's one of the reasons I immediately thought something similar had happened to Corrie when this case was first publicised.

I guess you are right. I still wouldnt be saying my son was definetely dead until I had the body. But that could just be me.

They dont say a shoe was found in any of the articles I read on the other case but I am off to do a bit of digging. not literally of course ;)

Actually scrap that in this article it does say this.

"After an extensive review of CCTV footage, we are coming to terms with the likelihood that Ben fell in the River Medway during the early hours of Tuesday morning."

"Based on the temperature of the water, the river currents and Ben’s level of consciousness when entering the river, we have to assume that he would have been unable to swim to safety"

It must have been an earlier article I read that mentioned no CCTV evidence.

Apologies.

2f5a564a4c6a3c17d127f32209db2ff5.jpg

If we assume a hookup 'willing' abduction scenario and Corrie travelled with his phone (why would he part with it if it was willing?)...and we also accept the police statement that Corrie's phone updated an app at 0458 within the 3-5km Barton Mills/Mildenhall mast area, then a walk to a transport area (bus terminal, taxi rank, bus stop, main route etc) would presumably be a logical step to suggest would it not? His phone remained within that area until it shut itself down at around 0800 which suggests to me that Corrie could have been incapacitated in the same area from 0500 onwards? I think it's unlikely he's out of that area now.

I guess you are right. I still wouldnt be saying my son was definetely dead until I had the body. But that could just be me.

They dont say a shoe was found in any of the articles I read on the other case but I am off to do a bit of digging. not literally of course ;)

Actually scrap that in this article it does say this.

"After an extensive review of CCTV footage, we are coming to terms with the likelihood that Ben fell in the River Medway during the early hours of Tuesday morning."

"Based on the temperature of the water, the river currents and Ben’s level of consciousness when entering the river, we have to assume that he would have been unable to swim to safety"

It must have been an earlier article I read that mentioned no CCTV evidence.

Apologies.

That's ok Maz! Sad story... unfortunately it happens more than we'd like to imagine - drunkenness and stretches of water are a bad combination. :(

I don't want to appear callous but part of me wishes it was this cut and clear.. it must be awful the not knowing. My husband disappeared for one day and I was devastated.. 11 weeks is a long time to not know.

I still believe we are NOT being told something important though. I am sure if we are they have their reasons but its seems we just go around and around with this :(

Absolutely, the not knowing must be hell for his family. I have two teens and cannot imagine how distraught I'd be in Nicola's situation. I keep hoping that they know more than we do too, although having seen the coverage I do wonder!

163b6821f1a493944d0942a729ce9c1d.jpg

0300: Shift start time & vehicle checked
0352: Vehicle departs for SB (8 minute journey from site to 'Horseshoe').
0400: Bin man enters SB
0405: Driver fills in collection paperwork.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure
0420: Bin man sees three teenagers in SB
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure
0430: Bin man departs SB for BM (31 minute journey from 'Horseshoe' to BM roundabout).
0501: Bin lorry arrives at BM roundabout/Mildenhall.

21(15): Corrie feeds the dog and locks him in the bathroom.
21(30): Two cars with Corrie's workmates depart Hon.
2200: Corrie departs Hon in his own car (with a passenger?).
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/what-time-did-corrie-leave-raf-honington/
2221: Corrie parks in disabled bay in Robert Roby Way.
2221-2300: Corrie drinks in his car whilst making a phone call to Darroch.
2305: Corrie walks to SoBar pub and meets up with work colleagues.
2320: Corrie walks to Weatherspoons.
0001: Corrie leaves Weatherspoons around midnight for Flex.
Source- BBC Look East Evening News 12122016
0015: Corrie enters Flex night club.
0040: Corrie is 'ejected' from the nightclub.
0055: Corrie enters kebab shop.
0115: Corrie leaves kebab shop with kebab, chips and two burgers.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/isnt-it-weird-to-sleep-in-a-doorway/
Corrie seen walking purposefully towards The Grapes pub.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/what-time-is-the-1st-cctv-that-we-see-him-on/
0300: Shift start time for bin man. Vehicle checked.
0308: Corrie sends/receives photo image from Hughes.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-the-text-message-corrie-sent-at-0308-been-looked-in-to/
0319: Two persons seen walking from Market Square towards McDonalds.
0321: White Tshirt man, Cornhill walk.
0324: Last CCTV sighting of Corrie.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=46UD0lk-c2g
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/when-and-where-was-corrie-last-seen/
0326: Two people with light clothing seen coming from Market Square towards McDonalds.
0335: Dark clothing1 man, Cornhill Walk.
0340: Running man, Lurker & Legs man seen in 'Horseshoe'.
0352: Bin lorry departs (Hollow Lane) for BSE.
0356: Bicycle man, cycling around Cornhill area.
0400: Bin lorry enters SB.
0405: Bin lorry driver fills in collection paperwork.
0410: Bins lorry driver starts collection procedure of ONE BIN with 11kgs of material in it. It then drives to its next pick up in Mildenhall and onto the recycling centre outside of the county via the Barton Mills roundabout.
0415: Bin man starts collection procedure.
0420: Bin man finishes collection procedure in SB. Three teenagers seen in Shortbrackland by bin man.
0425: Bin man finishes collection procedure.
0430: Corrie's phone left the BSE mast area. Bin lorry departs SB and heads towards Mildenhall for a collection, along A1101 via the BM roundabout.
0455: (Bin lorry is at Barton Mills roundabout.)
0500: Corrie's phone enters the BM mast area.
http://www.findcorrie.co.uk/2016/11/11/has-corries-phone-been-checked/
0501: Dark clothing2 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0501: (Bin lorry is at BM roundabout/Mildenhall).
0503: (Corrie's phone would be at BM roundabout at this time.
0518: Dark clothing3 man seen walking around Cornhill Walk.
0520: Dark backpack man seen in Cornhill Market Square area.
0800: Corrie's phone is last active within the BM mast area.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ouZCCnULs34

Who has the keys to the shop that was once NEXT, then YMCA.
It is right next door to Greggs.

Also, when did Greggs get their delivery that day?
I've seen them deliver around the time Corrie went missing. I'm assuming thats all been checked out.

If Corrie was never seen walking away on CCTV from the area he was last seen in, then he left via the front of one of those businesses backing ontop that area. There are quite a few.
Again, should have all been looked at by now, but i havent been following along, so forgive me if i am repeating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy