GUILTY FL - William 'Leslie' McGoff, 53, found murdered, Tampa, 12 Dec 2016

SeesSeas

FLORIDIAN
Reaction score
http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...murdered-black-hyundai-113vft-missing/2306133
Tampa man killed, black Hyundai with license tag 113VFT missing
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:58pm
TAMPA —
[…] William Leslie McGoff, a nurse for LifePath Hospice, was a friendly man who lived alone. He had no pets but was always chatting in the front yard or playing with someone's kid.
The next day, more officers came. When they looked inside, they found McGoff, 53, killed inside his own home.
[…]
They said the killing doesn't appear to be random, noting that he may have known his attacker. Neighbors say police collected video from their homes to review.
[…]
In addition to his work as a nurse, McGoff was actively involved in Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, neighbors said.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2016/12/13/police_search_for_mu.html
Tampa police search for person responsible for killing nurse
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 11:09 AM EST
TAMPA --
Authorities in Hillsborough County are investigating the slaying of a local nurse.
Police found the body of 53-year-old William Leslie McGoff inside of his Tampa home when they showed up for a welfare check. Investigators believe the murderer was no stranger.

• William McGoff, 53, found dead inside home on Monday

I am devastated by Leslie's murder. He has been a friend of mine for about 10 years. There is nothing he wouldn't have done for somebody in need. I hide to hear an update that at least his car has been found.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...murdered-black-hyundai-113vft-missing/2306133
Tampa man killed, black Hyundai with license tag 113VFT missing
Tuesday, December 13, 2016 1:58pm
TAMPA —
[…] William Leslie McGoff, a nurse for LifePath Hospice, was a friendly man who lived alone. He had no pets but was always chatting in the front yard or playing with someone's kid.
The next day, more officers came. When they looked inside, they found McGoff, 53, killed inside his own home.
[…]
They said the killing doesn't appear to be random, noting that he may have known his attacker. Neighbors say police collected video from their homes to review.
[…]
In addition to his work as a nurse, McGoff was actively involved in Alcoholics Anonymous and Narcotics Anonymous, neighbors said.

http://www.baynews9.com/content/new...cles/bn9/2016/12/13/police_search_for_mu.html
Tampa police search for person responsible for killing nurse
Last Updated: Wednesday, December 14, 2016, 11:09 AM EST
TAMPA --
Authorities in Hillsborough County are investigating the slaying of a local nurse.
Police found the body of 53-year-old William Leslie McGoff inside of his Tampa home when they showed up for a welfare check. Investigators believe the murderer was no stranger.

• William McGoff, 53, found dead inside home on Monday

I am devastated by Leslie's murder. He has been a friend of mine for about 10 years. There is nothing he wouldn't have done for somebody in need. I hide to hear an update that at least his car has been found.
Sorry to hear this, Kinsey. Thank you for being here; I hope we will see justice and resolution to this crime soon. Take good care of yourself :(

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

http://www.fox13news.com/news/local-news/224061628-story

According to Tampa police, Keith Davis killed William McGoff after robbing him, then stole his car. Detectives say the Hyundai Sonata has been spotted in north Florida and Louisiana with a person matching Davis' description...

Davis, 43, was released from prison in 2015 and has a local arrest record that includes grand theft, robbery, and aggravated battery with great bodily harm.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/public...arrant-issued-in-death-of-tampa-nurse/2306570
Tampa police: Fugitive wanted in slaying of nurse captured in Louisiana
Friday, December 16, 2016 11:59am
[…]
Keith Earl Davis, 43, was captured in Sulphur, La., near the Texas border, police said that evening. Tampa detectives were sent to Louisiana to bring Davis back to Hillsborough County to stand trial.
Police said forensic evidence "implicates" Davis in the death of McGoff. Davis faces charges of first-degree murder, robbery with a weapon and grand theft. […]

Published in the Tampa Bay Times on Dec. 17, 2016
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sptimes/obituary.aspx?n=william-leslie-mcgoff&pid=183112878

William Leslie McGOFF

Obituary
Image-32663_20161216.jpg

McGOFF, William Leslie
53, was taken suddenly from us Sunday, December 11, 2016. […]
There will be a celebration of Leslie's Life held at Peninsular Christian Church on Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 2 pm.
The Family requests that you go forth like Leslie, embracing and loving all. Instead of grieving, bestow Grace and Hospitality to everyone you meet and strengthen those who need it most.

Is Hillsborough's new top prosecutor anti-death penalty? The answer might surprise you
Warren says his office is reviewing "from scratch" about 20 death penalty cases he inherited to make a fresh decision in each one. He calls a death sentence "the most serious and sobering component of our criminal justice system. The most important thing to me is that, as a society, we get it right."

In fact, he has already decided that death is appropriate for Steven Lorenzo, implicated in the horrific slayings of two men used as sex slaves. His office will also seek death for Keith Earl Davis, charged with murder in the death of nurse William Leslie McGoff.

Case Search
Defendant DAVIS, KEITH EARL
Case Number: 16-CF-017618-A

Hearing Description Hearing Date Hearing Time
DISPOSITION 2019-12-10 09:00 AM

Charge Number Offense Description Offense Date Degree Description
1 782041 - MURD2005 (FC) MURDER IN THE FIRST DEGREE WITH A WEAPON (PREM 12/11/2016 CAPITAL FELONY
2 812131&2B-ROBB2050 (FF) ROBBERY WITH/WEAP GR/THAN $300 LESS/THAN $20,000 12/11/2016 FIRST DEGREE FELONY
3 8120142C6-THEF2201 (FT) GRAND THEFT MOTOR VEHICLE 12/11/2016 THIRD DEGREE FELONY

For four years, the death penalty loomed over Keith Earl Davis as he awaited trial for the torturous 2016 slaying of William Leslie McGoff, a registered nurse who was found dead in a Tampa home.
On eve of trial, guilty plea ensures life sentence in Tampa nurse’s slaying

According to the Office of the State Attorney, the state was prepared to seek the death penalty against Keith Davis, 47, during his first-degree murder trial that had been set to begin Aug. 4.

By accepting an offer from the State to plead guilty and accept responsibility for his crime, Davis will receive a sentence of life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Keith Davis admits guilt, accepts life in prison in 2016 murder of Tampa hospice nurse | WFLA

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back