Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
Dear Websleuths Members,

WITH MORE INFORMATION COMING FROM EXPERTS AND WITH LAW ENFORCEMENT SAYING SHERRI PAPINI WAS ABSOLUTELY A VICTIM AND DID NOT FAKE HER KIDNAPPING, WEBSLEUTHS IS TREATING SHERRI PAPINI AS A VICTIM OF A CRIME!

WEBSLEUTHS WILL NOT ALLOW ANY MORE COMMENTS TO STAND STATING THAT SHERRI PAPINI WAS PART OF A KIDNAPPING HOAX. IF MEMBERS ACCUSE SHERRI OF A HOAX THEY WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TIMED OUT IF NOT BANNED DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION.

There are hundreds of places on the Internet for you to go discuss if you think Sherri's kidnapping was a hoax. Websleuths is not one of those places. Feel free to send me a private message and I will give you the link.

Everything has come full circle. Mainstream Media (MSM) is now reporting on what is being said on the Internet. We used to say that if MSM discussed a topic then Websleuths members could discuss a topic. Not in this case. Just because theories from the Internet are being reported by MSM does not mean we can bring theories to Websleuths which leads me to the Skinzheads post or whatever it's called.

Until it is proven that Sherri wrote this post it is off limits. Her husband said she did not write the post. Law Enforcement has not said Sherri wrote the post but they are investigating. Until we hear for sure this part of the discussion is off limits.

We need to stop and talk a look at what we are doing. Are we so insensitive and uncaring that it is now OK to bash someone who has been through hell and back just for our entertainment? Especially when there is zero evidence the victim did anything wrong?

To those of you who feel it is OK to bash Sherri I ask you; would you bash her if she knew your real name and all your friends and family knew it was you bashing her? What if you had to stand in a spotlight and have everyone watch you while you bashed someone behind your computer screen?

Please, let's have some dignity and respect for each other.

Thank you,
Tricia
Now tclya has something for you beneath this warning. Please continue to read.

Missing California Mom Found Alive After Captor Abandons Her in Restraints, Sheriff Says

"We are very ecstatic to report that Sherri Papini has been located and has been reunited with husband and family on this day of Thanksgiving," Sheriff Tom Bosenko said at a news conference today ... "

BACKSTORY:

Missing Person Sherri Papini
14956607_10208327554372096_6103506709758080591_n.j  pg

Video here from KRCR News Channel → [video]https://www.facebook.com/oswaldsk/videos/10103576746628095/[/video]

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1525604334396831/

Authorities search for missing woman in Shasta County
sherri_1478153134890_4439232_ver1.0_640_360.PNG

http://www.krcrtv.com/news/breaking...-for-missing-woman-in-shasta-county/140704857

UPDATE: Papini ransom money now going to anyone who turns in 'abductor'

skibaboo's Case Map

MEDIA/TIMELINES/MAPS

Thread #1
Thread #2

Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5
Thread #6
Thread #7
Thread #8
Thread #9
Thread #10
Thread #11
Thread #12
Thread #13
Thread #14
Thread #15
Thread #16
Thread #17
Thread #18
Thread #19
Thread #20

Please remember at all times to post in accordance with The Rules.

Zero tolerance for offensive, bickering, or conflict inciting posts and posts that respond to them. Zero tolerance for posts that do not comply with Websleuths victim friendly policy.

If your post is removed, please do not expect a personal explanation.

All previous Mod/Admin reminders still stand.

Admin Warning

This ain't my first rodeo. ;) I've been moderating for 8 years and I recognize insinuations no matter how thinly veiled they are worded. Some of you are dangerously close to suggesting SP and/or KP were in some sort of cahoots with CG other than trusting him to help secure the release of SP from her captors. Do not go there.

Pump the brakes swiftly unless you're willing to lose your posting privileges for quite a while. Final and only warning about that. Know where to stop with your words.

Until then, if one of you guys wants to download the Official Report posted, we can let it stand but we need to redact phone #'s and any identifying info. Official names, including those of LJ reporting, can stand. But any other identifying info, including phone #'s need to be redacted. I simply don't have time to do that right now, but if one of you guys wants to take on the task, we will repost the report.

Admin Note

I know you guys will want to extend a warm Welcome to a new member and Verified Insider in Sherri's case, Lake16.

:welcome4:

I know there are several new members who joined specifically to follow this case and may not be familiar with how we treat Verified Insiders so let me explain briefly. First and foremost, respect their anonymity, just as we do with all members. An insider is permitted to post information s/he has personal knowledge of without being required to provide a link. Members are permitted to ask questions however, the the VI may not be able to or may choose not to answer every question for a variety of reasons. If they choose not to respond specifically, respect that and please don't keep asking.

We verify that the member is a true Insider in this case. However, WS does not personally vouch for the information shared by any insider. Each member is asked to give whatever weight they choose to the information provided. No arguing or disrespect will be tolerated.

If you have any questions please PM a moderator.

In response to a comment on the previous thread, I didn't interpret anyone here as implying that the descriptions provided by SP and released by LE will make it harder to identify suspects.

I understood the comments to be more as lamenting that it's just too bad that the descriptions are limited to physical features which can be quickly and dramatically altered -- unlike age range, height, body type/weight, eye/nose shape, etc -- which makes the descriptions less useful. JMO.

In response to a comment on the previous thread, I didn't interpret anyone here as implying that the descriptions provided by SP and released by LE will make it harder to identify suspects.

I understood the comments more as lamenting that it's just too bad that the descriptions are limited to physical features which can be quickly and dramatically altered -- unlike age range, height, body type/weight, eye/nose shape, etc -- which makes the descriptions less useful. JMO.
Could anyone be found on those appearance details alone, even if unaltered?

Here are two facts. Logically, one of them must be true and the other must be false. But each has a problem.

Fact 1: Keith Papini was not aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

Problem: It’s unethical to take this action without the knowledge and blessing of Sherri Papini’s loved ones and of law enforcement. At a minimum, the effort should have been coordinated with the deployment of the funds, and of the $50,000 in reward money that had been raised in the first two days. More importantly, the reverse ransom offer carried significant risks to Sherri’s survival. For every delivered ransom that frees a kidnap victim, there’s another that triggers the slaying of the victim. That risk should not have been incurred behind the back of Sherri's husband.

Fact 2: Keith Papini was aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

Problem: This means that the timeline Lisa Jeter gave to the Record Searchlight is wrong. There she said that the existence of the AD was not brought to Keith’s attention until November 8 and that Keith did not give his OK to the reverse ransom plan until nearly a week later, November 14 at the earliest.

Which one of these facts do you think is true, and how do you get around the problem it raises?

Similarities to another case where indictments were handed down today - hopefully SP thought to leave a little something behind for LE...
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/feds-st-louis-area-businessman-involved-in-kidnapping-beating-of/article_98aede4a-6162-55f1-bc69-26b00065ac85.html

"Court documents said that they released the victim Nov. 23 after collecting a $27,000 ransom from his parents, and that during some of their calls to his mother in Florida she could hear him screaming in the background.

The woman told authorities she had heard Beckman saying that if she did not pay, “She would never see her son come Thanksgiving.” (BEM)

Hmmm "Pay or your kids won't see their mother by Thanksgiving"?

Jmo

Here are two facts. Logically, one of them must be true and the other must be false. But each has a problem.

Fact 1: Keith Papini was not aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

Problem: It’s unethical to take this action without the knowledge and blessing of Sherri Papini’s loved ones and of law enforcement. At a minimum, the effort should have been coordinated with the deployment of the funds, and of the $50,000 in reward money that had been raised in the first two days. More importantly, the reverse ransom offer carried significant risks to Sherri’s survival. For every delivered ransom that frees a kidnap victim, there’s another that triggers the slaying of the victim. That risk should not have been incurred behind the back of Sherri's husband.

Fact 2: Keith Papini was aware, prior to its delivery, of the AD’s reverse ransom letter that was given to television station KRCR on November 6.

Problem: This means that the timeline Lisa Jeter gave to the Record Searchlight is wrong. There she said that the existence of the AD was not brought to Keith’s attention until November 8 and that Keith did not give his OK to the reverse ransom plan until nearly a week later, November 14 at the earliest.

Which one of these facts do you think is true, and how do you get around the problem it raises?

Excellent post! Thank you so much for pointing this out; it's nice to know I'm not the only one who thinks along these lines.

A 40-minute standstill. Will tomorrow bring news?

Similarities to another case where indictments were handed down today - hopefully SP thought to leave a little something behind for LE...
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/feds-st-louis-area-businessman-involved-in-kidnapping-beating-of/article_98aede4a-6162-55f1-bc69-26b00065ac85.html

"Court documents said that they released the victim Nov. 23 after collecting a $27,000 ransom from his parents, and that during some of their calls to his mother in Florida she could hear him screaming in the background.

The woman told authorities she had heard Beckman saying that if she did not pay, “She would never see her son come Thanksgiving.” (BEM)

Hmmm "Pay or your kids won't see their mother by Thanksgiving"?

Jmo

This story has drug dealing written all over it. The guy probably had his goons grab this guy who owed him money, rough him up and do whatever they had to make the guy pay up. Goons took it a little to far.

There's more too, the charging documents are from a DEA agent. But the strongest indication this man is a drug dealer is the fact that in 2016 he's driving around in a yellow Hummer. Case closed!

What still bugs me the most is that she was released on Thanksgiving. And, that she was did not spend the night in the hospital after she was found.

:dunno:

Question - If she was a stay home mom, why were the kids in daycare?

What still bugs me the most is that she was released on Thanksgiving. And, that she was did not spend the night in the hospital after she was found.

:dunno:

The not being kept overnight doesn't bother me. A local teen (has autism) was jumped by two teens and beaten horribly -- broken jaw, broken ribs, concussion. Horrific injuries but not life threatening so he wasn't admitted overnight. His vitals were stable and it was thought that being at home where he was more comfortable would aid his recovery.

In addition, my mother was very frail, on oxygen, had osteoporosis, COPD and congestive heart failure resulting in several ER visits. Unless her condition required monitoring, she wasn't admitted. SP was obviously healthier but oftentimes the hospital was considered the worst place for a fragile person (susceptible to infection, etc).

Question - If she was a stay home mom, why were the kids in daycare?

This has been debated ad nauseum on previous threads. Some find it odd, others don't. SAHM doesn't always mean stay at home. Reasons for childcare (has it ever been determined whether part time or full time?) might include: opportunity to pursue other interests (running, volunteering, Me time, shopping, uninterrupted cleaning/crafting, occasional work), social opportunities for the kids. For every person who thought it odd, there's another who doesn't find it unusual at all. There's no consensus, so dead horse perhaps?

plus wasn't it 2 days per week? That's nothing to question, imo. But agree. Debated ad nauseum infinity.

This has been debated ad nauseum on previous threads. Some find it odd, others don't. SAHM doesn't always mean stay at home. Reasons for childcare (has it ever been determined whether part time or full time?) might include: opportunity to pursue other interests (running, volunteering, Me time, shopping, uninterrupted cleaning/crafting, occasional work), social opportunities for the kids. For every person who thought it odd, there's another who doesn't find it unusual at all. There's no consensus, so dead horse perhaps?

I agree. I know a couple SAHM's who have their kids in daycare part time because of things like attending a womens church group for a couple hours during the day and then having coffee & social time with the ladies after, and taking care of an at home crafting business they have on the side, etc. Not weird to me, I don't have kids but I can imagine being a SAHM it would be nice to have the option of still having a little free time during the week. Not weird to me at all. But not trying to bring up that whole discussion again haha.

:thinking: If the children were attending day care on a specific day/s of the week, I'm more inclined to believe whoever abducted SP, knew that she would be free that particular day and would be out preparing for her run. I'm leanng more and more towards whoever abducted SP is local and that this is very personal. :scared:

I don't understand why anyone is reporting that SP was abducted by traffickers. A married middle-class woman in her 30s is NOT the typical target here. More like a desperate teenage girl who's run away from a terrible home situation.

Adult abductions are very rare, there has got to be something bizarre and probably personal in SP's abductors' motives.

For what it's worth, prosecuted cases of "sex trafficking" involve relatively small-time pimps and madams who take advantage of desperate young people (often who are already into the sex trade); NOT national or even multi-national organizations who kidnap adult women off the street or out of grocery stores.

I think it is dangerous and irresponsible for any news outlet to try to re-make the "white slavery" panic of the 1910s.

EDIT: I am talking about trafficking of native-born United States women here. Trafficking abroad, for example, of young women from Nepal to Islamic-State held territories, is often a far different thing, far more organized, than the domestically-based exploitation which we in the United States commonly refer to as "sex trafficking."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth