Minnesota football players boycott

Labor unions strike.
If these people are primarily a labor union, they are not primarily students....

It would be great if their Bowl invite was rescinded. Such a douche-bro reaction on the part of the boycotting team members. Time to grow up and consider your life choices, boys.

From the CNN link.

Kaler said Saturday that, in supporting the suspended players, the team was not condoning sexual assault.

The team statement also addressed that. The team had objected to the 10 players being publicly identified and what it saw as a lack of due process for them.

Yesterday, the article on CNN said there was insufficient admissible evidence to press charges for rape, although they did view several phone videos of the incidents.

I would sure be interested in the dialog that happened between the regents and the players. IMHO, it's indefensible to name the students who have been suspended with no legal action taken whatsoever.

So, I wonder what the "code of conduct" is, that the students violated that got them suspended already? Public drunkenness? Lewd behavior? The coach alludes to a code of conduct that was violated although the behavior was insufficient to rise to the level of a crime. Organizations often do have that - while you represent the team, you have to adhere to respectable behaviors.

It would be great if their Bowl invite was rescinded. Such a douche-bro reaction on the part of the boycotting team members. Time to grow up and consider your life choices, boys.

It can't be rescinded, from yesterday's articles. There was no other team who could fill in although several were considered. Logistics are too tricky - and there is NO WAY the Liberty bowl would scrap the bowl game. NO way. I'm surprised the team's efforts didn't work, actually, to get at least the 6 not accused of sexual assault reinstated. I would guess they were threatened with being expelled if they didn't play. Again, I would really like to hear what went on in that meeting.

It can't be rescinded, from yesterday's articles. There was no other team who could fill in although several were considered. Logistics are too tricky - and there is NO WAY the Liberty bowl would scrap the bowl game. NO way. I'm surprised the team's efforts didn't work, actually, to get at least the 6 not accused of sexual assault reinstated. I would guess they were threatened with being expelled if they didn't play. Again, I would really like to hear what went on in that meeting.

Loss of their scholarships would be my guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back