Michael Rinder - Former Executive Director, Office of Special Affairs

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
From 1982 to 2007, Rinder served on the Board of Directors of CSI and also held the post of Executive Director of its Office of Special Affairs, overseeing the corporate, legal and public relations matters of the Church at the international level.[4] Rinder left the Church in 2007 after becoming disillusioned with what he perceived to be the increasingly authoritarian nature of senior management under David Miscavige, instead becoming an independent Scientologist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Rinder

Since I first spoke out to the then St Petersburg Times in 2009, I have done all I could to bring about change to end the abuses within the church. The philosophy of Scientology is not the same as the organization and its practices. There is much in the subject of Scientology that is harmless and makes sense to people. But there are also many things, especially in the “administrative technology” that are troubling if not harmful. In theory, Scientology is intended to wake one up and make you happier and more able to communicate with the world around you. In practice within the church it accomplishes the polar opposite. Scientologists within the church are cut off from observation and told what to think.

http://www.mikerindersblog.org/

For more than 20 years, Rinder was involved in and led OSA before he left Scientology in 2007. He played a role overseeing Scientology's legal affairs, he ran an office that employed private investigators, and he eventually also became the church's chief spokesman.

http://www.villagevoice.com/news/the-top-25-people-crippling-scientology-no-8-mike-rinder-6672762

Thank you for all this. I have been following Scientology for a long time. The school I attended covered cults which included Scientology. I recommend watching this very fascinating series!

I think Leah and Michael are incredibly brave for coming forward. To cross that organization is almost like crossing the mob. It's very frightening. DH and I have been watching the series with great interest.

Just as an aside, I find Mike Rinder to be extensively easy on the eyes. Nice looking man. Sorry his life was so misguided, but I have total admiration for his turn.

This was on my FB feed today

Mike Rinder - Page

· 1 hr ·

Scientology doing what it does best -- creating enemies....

A+E Networks President Nancy Dubuc Discusses Canned KKK Series, Says Scientology Is Harassing Her Over Leah Remini Show
A+E Networks President Nancy Dubuc Discusses...
thehollywoodrep2197-yahoopartner.tumblr.com

Very interesting. It shows that Co$ intimidation tactics are alive and well. Flooding her FB with anti Leah stuff.

I can understand if an organization wants to respond to allegations against it but most would do it in a professional way. This organization does it with sneaky and crazy tactics that are almost childish in nature. It really is bizarre.

To me it seems like their tactics backfire on them and just adds fuel to the negativity that they dont want.

. . . Rinder said Scientology leader David Miscavige's retail plan for downtown is an embodiment and fulfillment of its preachings "to take over governments."

http://www.tampabay.com/news/scient...-bid-for-an-expanded-role-is-a-matter/2318663
In downtown Clearwater, Scientology's bid for an expanded role is a matter of scripture
Friday, March 31, 2017
CLEARWATER — The Church of Scientology's proposal to bring retail and entertainment downtown is a novel new development, but the recent rollout of its plans has a tone that goes back decades.
[…]
It's an assertive approach that comes up time and again in teachings by founder L. Ron Hubbard and other writings. When it comes to handling governments and widening its influence, the church's strategy is a matter of scripture.
In a 1961 series of letters on church policy called "Keeping Scientology Working," Hubbard writes about skirting government approvals.
"Do they think a society in this shape will approve Scientology into power? Hell no! And to hell with this society. We're making a new one. So let's skip the approval button from a lot of (non-Scientologists) and settle down to work to make new people and better people."
Scientology spokesman Ben Shaw said in a statement that other religions like Christianity and Judaism also seek to make people spiritually better, and he objected to a non-Scientologist wanting to interpret the passage.
The context of Keeping Scientology Working, Shaw said, "is something you could not be expected to understand, and your inference as to its meaning is both inaccurate and inappropriate."
[…]
But the meaning of that and similar passages is just what it sounds like, said Mike Rinder, who spent 25 years as a senior Scientology executive before defecting in 2007. Once the church's international spokesman, Rinder said Scientology leader David Miscavige's retail plan for downtown is an embodiment and fulfillment of its preachings "to take over governments."
"Really it's not specifically Clearwater," he said. "Scientology believes that they are going to take over the world. This means bringing everybody into compliance with the goals and objectives of Scientology.
[…]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell
Back