Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath Reddit AMA Special Monday 10/9c A&E

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
[video=youtube;YCTaW_4WQco]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCTaW_4WQco[/video]

wow. Some good questions asked.

I am obsessed with this series.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Its funny how some of these celebrities were probably praying to God to get that first acting role or that major role in a big movie.

But as soon as they hit a certain threshold. They somehow get transformed to this Science religion thing.

Plus they pay big bucks as well.

Anyways. To each their own.

Scientology has been a concern of mine for decades. I am proud of KH for taking her young daughter, SC, to NYC away from that S stuff TC is caught up into up to his ears.

"This is the first, and thus far only, drone flight over the secret Scientology base near Twin Peaks, CA. This base has a vault containing all the works of L. Ron Hubbard etched onto steel plates. It is part of a series covering all of the major Scientology bases in the Western USA. This video was created for use in documentaries and may be used by anyone without credit or restrictions."

[video=youtube;bBe7eOhngCc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLk6p2MyTIYzYAtzyUSbt4eBZJ4mRxaY7Y&v=bBe7eOhngCc[/video]

Got my SIL a fairly nice drone for Christmas as he's an architect and flies private jets for fun and business so figured he'd find a use for it.

This LRH Scientology project came onto the scene as a cult religion before my time. He turned science into a religion, the only new religion of the twenty first century, then he authored the book Dianetics to become wealthy. I read RHs book, Dianetics, back in the early 80s, out of curiosity.

January 7, 2014
LRH's grandson, Jamie DeWolf, is amazing in the video at this link by declaring his manic depressive disorder and being asked if mental illness ran in his family. He said, "Yes! Yes, it does!"
Hello. His grandfather is LRH.

http://www.upworthy.com/l-ron-hubba...family-secrets-on-how-scientology-started-eek

No one may be more pleased about this evil exposure than myself. I pray it leads other victims out of the ties that bind and into the arms of freedom.

I am obsessed with this series.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I would like to thank tlcya for starting this thread. I am obsessed as well. I have always been curious about this so called "religion," But my interest really peaked when Tom Cruise stated that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance, and that Matt didn't know the history of Psychiatry, and HE did. Matt was talking about depression, and Tom turned it into Adderall for children. SMH and then called Matt glib. LOL what a :butthead: That and Tom jumping on Oprah's couch convinced me he might need a little Prozac himself.

[video=youtube;cc_wjp262RY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY[/video]

This is definitely a very scary belief! I do not consider it a form of religion, as I haven't figured out yet what it is they worship other than themselves. imo

Excellent show.

Its amazing how many years she stayed in the church before she had her awakening.

The last episode I saw was a real good one with the man that was the enforcer. He had their tactics used on him and his wife.

Its scary the level they went to to terrorize and make their life miserable.

Very vindictive. Nothing is right about them being vindictive against other people.

Common sense should tell people its not right when they are vindictive against others.

What really got me was how they tried to control Mrs. Cruz when she had her baby. By golly if someone is going into labor pains and needs one of those shots then by golly who are they to say no to them.

I know its probably best to avoid any medicine at child birth but if you are suffereing greatly then there comes a point where give me the shot to handle it and nobody in that church should be trying to stop them.

Just way too controlling for me. That was when I realized its not a good thing this place.

All JMO. Great shows.

Good on Leah Remini for standing up and speaking out.

Queer arse religion, even more than most.

Excellent show.

Its amazing how many years she stayed in the church before she had her awakening.

The last episode I saw was a real good one with the man that was the enforcer. He had their tactics used on him and his wife.

Its scary the level they went to to terrorize and make their life miserable.

Very vindictive. Nothing is right about them being vindictive against other people.

Common sense should tell people its not right when they are vindictive against others.

What really got me was how they tried to control Mrs. Cruz when she had her baby. By golly if someone is going into labor pains and needs one of those shots then by golly who are they to say no to them.

I know its probably best to avoid any medicine at child birth but if you are suffereing greatly then there comes a point where give me the shot to handle it and nobody in that church should be trying to stop them.

Just way too controlling for me. That was when I realized its not a good thing this place.

All JMO. Great shows.

She wasn't allowed to scream either. Poor girl, she had no idea what she was in for marrying Toothy/Tiny Tom.

She wasn't allowed to scream either. Poor girl, she had no idea what she was in for marrying Toothy/Tiny Tom.

As a L&D nurse, I've been in situations where a husband or father of the baby tells me that mom can't have an epidural or IV pain medications. This is where I have to educated Dad. Mom is my patient and it is her, and only her that can decide if she wants something to control her pain, It's her right to have pain medication. I've actually had to insist the father to step out of the room and talk to mom privately. If on the other hand mom wished support from me to avoid pain interventions, I happy to support her in that as well.
I really felt for KH when this was happening. I kind of wished I would have been her nurse. :maddening::whip:

I agree! However, I have read the letters from the "church" in response to the episodes. I also have a copy of the "My Apology" letter that Mr. Rinder is alleged to have authored. I say "alleged" because I do not have any "Known" Rinder letters for comparison purposes. Also, a portion of his deposition. As a Forensic Profiler/Examiner the "church" has a strong argument insofar as their position is concerned. I am not a member or supporter of this "church" ~ but from an investigative point of view; the episode has only presented the "tip of the iceberg." I will probably perform a Forensic Behavioral Profile on Mr. Rinder. What I see at this point from the presented handwriting sample, this is a most interesting man! However, this appears to be a situation that probably is of more interest to members who are intrigued with forensic procedures.

I agree! However, I have read the letters from the "church" in response to the episodes. I also have a copy of the "My Apology" letter that Mr. Rinder is alleged to have authored. I say "alleged" because I do not have any "Known" Rinder letters for comparison purposes. Also, a portion of his deposition. As a Forensic Profiler/Examiner the "church" has a strong argument insofar as their position is concerned. I am not a member or supporter of this "church" ~ but from an investigative point of view; the episode has only presented the "tip of the iceberg." I will probably perform a Forensic Behavioral Profile on Mr. Rinder. What I see at this point from the presented handwriting sample, this is a most interesting man! However, this appears to be a situation that probably is of more interest to members who are intrigued with forensic procedures.

It is good to try to vett things we hear although even if we throw out anything that came from Mr. Rinder we still have many others including Leah who are independently claiming certain negative things.

There are many books from "others" that all paint a negative light on their experience.

Here is one from niece of the leader of the place and she talks of her "escape". If you have to escape then it doesnt sound good to me. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Beyond-Belief-Secret-Scientology-Harrowing/dp/0062248480

Here is a book from the man's father called "Ruthless". Not a word I want associated with any church I would want to go to. LOL

https://www.amazon.com/Ruthless-Sci...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYPYE6F52Q12WQWR9CJS

Here is one from L. Wright called "Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief". Again the title alone makes me want to run for the hills.

https://www.amazon.com/Going-Clear-...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=EYPYE6F52Q12WQWR9CJS

So I agree it would be good to research more about him and I suspect you may even find he may have exaggerated certain things because of the way he had to exit but I tend to think he is giving his honest viewpoint as it stands TODAY which is probably different than it was years ago.

Same for Leah. She has changed her views from what they were years ago and I take her CURRENT views as being honest views she NOW has. Just IMO of course. :)

Since Cruise spewed his stuff with Matt, about Brooke Shields, did the couch-dancing thing on Oprah, I have absolutely refuse to watch any movie he's in. I will not give one red cent to that arrogant lunatic.

I would like to thank tlcya for starting this thread. I am obsessed as well. I have always been curious about this so called "religion," But my interest really peaked when Tom Cruise stated that there is no such thing as a chemical imbalance, and that Matt didn't know the history of Psychiatry, and HE did. Matt was talking about depression, and Tom turned it into Adderall for children. SMH and then called Matt glib. LOL what a :butthead: That and Tom jumping on Oprah's couch convinced me he might need a little Prozac himself.

[video=youtube;cc_wjp262RY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc_wjp262RY[/video]

My guess is that they consider themselves a 'religion' purely so the organization can benefit from tax-exempt status that churches are given. IMO, from what I've read (long before LR came forth), this cult is only about money for the higher-ups in the organization. Why else would a so-called "religion" charge parishioners $250,000 for various courses they're required to take? That's friggin insane.

This is definitely a very scary belief! I do not consider it a form of religion, as I haven't figured out yet what it is they worship other than themselves. imo

They somehow get transformed to this Science religion thing.

He turned science into a religion, the only new religion of the twenty first century, then he authored the book Dianetics to become wealthy.

Please do not refer to science this way. It has nothing to do with actual science.

Before founding Scientology, LRH was famous for numerous things including a poor military record and particularly for writing pulp science fiction. His science fiction wasn't very good. His claims about interplanetary travel and disembodied spirits being part of humanity's origin are implausibly bad.

Furthermore, Scientology is definitely not the only new religion of the 21st century.
Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_new_religious_movements

Without looking at that list, I can name one famous religion that started in the last 10 years: Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's a parody religion but it's still a religion.

Please do not refer to science this way. It has nothing to do with actual science.

Before founding Scientology, LRH was famous for numerous things including a poor military record and particularly for writing pulp science fiction. His science fiction wasn't very good. His claims about interplanetary travel and disembodied spirits being part of humanity's origin are implausibly bad.
^^snip

Although the published book title includes the word “science” - Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, many scientists would certainly disagree that LRH’s Dianetics book is based at all on actual ‘science’.

The original 1950 published Dianetics book is classified in the LIBRARY OF CONGRESS (LOC) as RC461
R - - MEDICINE
C - - AUXILIARY SCIENCES OF HISTORY
https://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/holdingsInfo?searchId=7896&recCount=25&recPointer=8&bibId=6489625

Later book publications of Dianetics are classified in LOC as BP605
B - - PHILOSOPHY, PSYCHOLOGY, RELIGION
P - - LANGUAGE AND LITERATURE
https://catalog.loc.gov/vwebv/searc...th&searchCode=GKEY^*&searchType=0&recCount=25

I'm watching a segment now that it was a 7 day a week church project, study and money.
People kept against their judgement on a ship for as long as it took to promote and get contributions.
This cult church is insane!

Furthermore, Scientology is definitely not the only new religion of the 21st century.
Here's a list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_new_religious_movements

Without looking at that list, I can name one famous religion that started in the last 10 years: Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. It's a parody religion but it's still a religion.

Okay. David didn't want his father revived while about to die, supposedly due to the beliefs of the church.

Wink wink.

Plus Davids wife was forced to exile due to xyz bull crap. Lol

Wink wink.

So whats next?

The broke parishioners have to hand over their daughters or pay a fine.

Come on. Lol

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back