NJ NJ - Gertrude Bizzaro, 72, Clifton, 18 Dec 2001

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ving-up-15-year-old-clifton-slaying/95507618/

On the morning of Dec. 18, 2001, Cesaro Bizzaro left his home at 13 Sisco Place to drive his youngest daughter, June, to a hair appointment. The matriarch of the family, 72-year-old Gertrude, remained home to tend to chores.

When the father and daughter returned at 10 a.m., they found Gertrude Bizzaro's body in a pool of blood near the kitchen floor, a victim of multiple stab wounds to her neck and chest...

A law enforcement source who spent years investigating the case said the prime suspects included a group of teenagers heavily involved in drug usage... They were apprehended while committing a burglary not far from the Bizzaro residence, the source said this week, "and they remain strong suspects to this day."

http://archive.northjersey.com/news...solved-on-13th-anniversary-1.1160823?page=all

"They didn't just take my mother," Caron said, "they took Christmas and December and my birthday on Dec. 21."

Christmas used to be a special time, Caron said, adding it was her mother's favorite holiday. Since the murder, December is a very unhappy month.

"A week before Christmas every year I have to face this demon again," Caron said.

A mother's death would be difficult under any circumstances, but "to have her murdered right before Christmas, and to have it happen inside our home, which should have been a sacred place, that is especially difficult"...

Thinking back, Caron said it's very ironic how her mother fought so hard through two bouts of cancer and diabetes, along with other illnesses "to be with her family longer," then along comes "this person and takes her away from us."

Feb 27, 2024
''We have a new series here at CBS News New York -- "Cold Case with Alice Gainer," where we will be looking back at unsolved cases in our area. CBS New York's Alice Gainer previews the first case, airing Wednesday morning during our 8 a.m. streaming newscast.''

Feb 28, 2024
In her first television interview since the shocking crime, the victim's daughter sat down with CBS New York's Alice Gainer to share her anguish and her message to anyone who may know something.

Feb 28 2024 rbbm
1709249384789.png
"I always felt safe in that home. They didn't feel unsafe in it," Caron told Gainer. "I felt very warm and loved in that place."
1709249509508.png
"She was stabbed multiple times, and she was also punched in the face, as well," said Clifton Police Det. Lt. Robert Bracken.''

''Gainer: "Detectives arrive on scene, and what is the theory about what happened?"

Bracken: "They know that there was possibly a burglary gone bad or an attempted sexual assault. It was, at that point, at that time, it was really unknown... Really was no immediate M.O... Either someone rang the doorbell, tested to see if someone was home, she didn't get to the door in time, they thought no one was home and entered -- or, they just entered. There was no forced entry at the residence."

''Police collected DNA and fingerprints from the scene. Family and people close to Bizzaro were ruled out, and investigators believe the crime was committed by someone she did not know.''

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu
Back