FL - Sheila Hamner, 73, slain in machete attack, Fort Pierce, 10 Dec 2016 *Arrest*

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
http://cbs12.com/news/local/machete...other-critically-injured-son-remains-unsolved

Crime scene tape cross over Traub Avenue in Fort Pierce... since the murder of a 73-year-old former St. Lucie County School Employee, Sheila Hamner, who was killed with a machete Saturday.

Her son, Kenny, a local singer, was also critically stabbed during the home invasion...

The machete attack happened, according to St. Lucie County Sheriff Ken Mascara during the break-in to their home in broad daylight...

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/cr...nvestigating-homicide-in-white-city/95272010/

Deputies responded to a 911 call from a neighbor about 3:45 p.m. in the 300 block of Traub Avenue, which stated a man was screaming and severely injured...

Deputies are searching for a man last seen carrying a large knife or machete. He is described as a 5-foot-8-inch Hispanic man wearing jeans and a dark shirt with bright writing, according to sheriff's officials.

Her son, 52 year old Kenny Hamner, has been charged in her murder.

http://www.tcpalm.com/story/news/cr...-death-mother-their-white-city-home/96110076/

I live in the same city where this happened [Fort Pierce/White City, Fl]
I did not know Kenny Hamner personally but have seen him before as my childhood friend's parents were friends with him and he would sometimes be at their house while I was there.

He was known and liked by MANY people in this area, he was a singer for a few different local 'country-rock' bands.

I honestly had a gut feeling from the start he had most likely done it as his story just didn't make sense.
It's sickening he could attack his own mother with a machete, inflict wounds on himself, make up the story and even attend his mother's funeral and according to those who attended, he "put on a good show" with seeming emotional/upset. :(

What is this world coming to? Another son murdered his mom............

It's sad. :(

There was even a set up for him and many of his friends and family donated, and it was at $6,7OO, but it seems to have been deleted now. I wonder if they will get their money back?

I worked with Kenny for 11 years at Liberty Medical Supply and knew him well. In my opinion, there is absolutely no way he could have murdered his mother. I'm very sorry for the Hamner family and I hope they find closure and the real murderer is found, arrested, and prosecuted.

Man arrested for stabbing murder of Sheila Hamner

A grand jury indicted 24-year-old Carlos Gilbert Arellano-Ramirez on charges of first degree murder with a weapon, aggravated battery with a weapon and burglary of a dwelling with an assault or battery while armed.

Sheriff Ken Mascara said DNA and trace evidence linked Arellano-Ramirez to the murder.

Investigators initially arrested her son Kenneth Hamner, but then released him and dropped the murder charges.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back