Found Deceased VA - Broque 'Brock' Cockrum, 25, Norfolk, 13 Dec 2016

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Search continues for missing former soldier
15541052_1616004752039030_2409553600565646051_o.png.jpg

https://

http://www.13newsnow.com/mb/news/lo...ontinues-for-missing-former-soldier/375030843

Sent from my 5054N using Tapatalk

This msm says he went for a walk? The last part posted is the same as the first posted msm tho.

According to Norfolk Police, Broque Cockrum was last seen on December 13 around 6 p.m. •when he went for a walk• from his sister’s home

A flier posted online by Missing Pieces Network indicates that Cockrum was also seen leaving a woman’s apartment in Grandy Village the morning of December 14 without his pants, phone or hat.

•by me, no bold on my phone

ETA
He was supposed to fly back home on Friday.

http://wtkr.com/2016/12/20/massachusetts-man-reported-missing-in-norfolk/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It seems he has 2 very young children & a significant other.
This makes me really worried that this could possibly be a hook-up (Tinder?) while he was away (visiting his sister in a diff state from where he lives) that went badly. There's not a lot of info out there- which also makes me think of a possible scenario of a hook-up gone awry, but the family may not want that info out there.
I'm really hoping Broque is found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In one of the news articles (I'll try to find it) it stated that the woman he was last known to be with (who's home he left in the a.m.), brought his belongings that he'd left at her home to his sister. So LE must be in contact with this woman ... right?

One more thought - could the woman he was last known to be with not be a "hook-up" in the general sense, but possibly a drug connection? I have no idea either way- just trying to think of why Broque would have left her home without his belongings.

It seems he has 2 very young children & a significant other.
This makes me really worried that this could possibly be a hook-up (Tinder?) while he was away (visiting his sister in a diff state from where he lives) that went badly. There's not a lot of info out there- which also makes me think of a possible scenario of a hook-up gone awry, but the family may not want that info out there.
I'm really hoping Broque is found safe.

The fact that the last known sighting came from the woman he hooked up with could definitely play into this theory. Something could very easily have happened the night before, but by saying he was seen earlier it then completely throws the timeline out.

I wonder if it was mentioned why he was upset. Seems bizarre for him to leave without his pants or phone (hat not so much). Something must have really upset him for him to leave like that. Otherwise, I'm just not buying the story.

One more thought - could the woman he was last known to be with not be a "hook-up" in the general sense, but possibly a drug connection? I have no idea either way- just trying to think of why Broque would have left her home without his belongings.

Definitely not saying that this is the case, but if drugs were involved it could explain why he left without his pants and phone so early in the morning. Maybe not thinking rationally?

In one of the news articles (I'll try to find it) it stated that the woman he was last known to be with (who's home he left in the a.m.), brought his belongings that he'd left at her home to his sister. So LE must be in contact with this woman ... right?

Police tell 13News Now they are investigating and speaking with the woman Broque was last seen with, but at this time, officers do not suspect foul play.

http://www.13newsnow.com/mb/news/lo...ontinues-for-missing-former-soldier/375030843

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

In my general area and I'm just now hearing about it. And it appears that both the WTKR and WVEC stories were dated yesterday. A week after it occurred.

Hi Tines, do you know Brock?

This is all quite curious. I can't imagine him wanting to miss Christmas with his kids.

Hi Tines, do you know Brock?

This is all quite curious. I can't imagine him wanting to miss Christmas with his kids.

I do know him we spent most of of teen years together. Lost contact over the years. But got back in contact this past summer. He is a great guy. From what he told me last time we talked he was dealing with ptsd and his bi polor. Im thinking he didnt wanna miss Christmas with his kids. Something happened. What idk wish i did.

So sorry to hear he had been struggling.

Locals... is there any water near where Brock went missing?

I do know him we spent most of of teen years together. Lost contact over the years. But got back in contact this past summer. He is a great guy. From what he told me last time we talked he was dealing with ptsd and his bi polor. Im thinking he didnt wanna miss Christmas with his kids. Something happened. What idk wish i did.

Tinies- I'm so sorry your friend is missing.
I'm really praying that he's found safe & soon! I'm sure his kiddos are missing him & Christmas without their Daddy is heartbreaking.

Do you know if he was on a "date", the night prior to going missing? If so, was this someone he knew? Could he possibly be hiding out/upset (in terms of relationship with the last person he was with)?
Are there searches happening? BC was visiting his sister.... but does he have friends in the area?

Again, I'm really sorry your friend is not home. Praying for you & all of his loved ones.

Tinies- I'm so sorry your friend is missing.
I'm really praying that he's found safe & soon! I'm sure his kiddos are missing him & Christmas without their Daddy is heartbreaking.

Do you know if he was on a "date", the night prior to going missing? If so, was this someone he knew? Could he possibly be hiding out/upset (in terms of relationship with the last person he was with)?
Are there searches happening? BC was visiting his sister.... but does he have friends in the area?

Again, I'm really sorry your friend is not home. Praying for you & all of his loved ones.

Thank you. I just found all this out when i saw the missing poster on fb. I have tried every mutual friend we had growing up just to see if he made contact. No such luck. I honestly believe he is out there some where. He is a veteran, i dont care how mad you get something happens you go back to your training. I just pray he is home with his family and kids for Christmas.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

So sorry to hear he had been struggling.

Locals... is there any water near where Brock went missing?
Much water here. Not exactly sure where Grandy Village is in Norfolk but I would estimate it 4-5 miles from the ocean so there are tons of rivers and connecting waterways feeding into the Atlantic. Reports said his sister lives in Oceanview which is right on the beach.

Thank you. I just found all this out when i saw the missing poster on fb. I have tried every mutual friend we had growing up just to see if he made contact. No such luck. I honestly believe he is out there some where. He is a veteran, i dont care how mad you get something happens you go back to your training. I just pray he is home with his family and kids for Christmas.

Sent from my LGLS996 using Tapatalk

I read that Broque has PTSD & is bi-polar. Do you know if he was suicidal? I'm wondering if family/friends have checked hospitals? It sounds like he wasn't in a good place, leaving the woman's home without his trousers & other personal belongings. This makes me think he wasn't in the best state of mind. Also, could drugs be involved? Could he be hiding out/partying while away from his responsibilities? (Ie. Significant other, children, stress of the holidays, etc.)

Brock- no matter what, your family loves you and wants you home. Your children need you home. Nothing you've done is too much for them. Please find a way to reach out.

Does the woman seemed shady or is she being cooperative? I don't want to rush anything, but I'm thinking she may have had something to do (even if tiny) in Brock's disappearance.
Hope he returns alive and well.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back