NM - Clifford Miller, 42, found mutilated, decapitated, Albuquerque, 17 Dec 2016

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
https://www.abqjournal.com/912812/police-id-man-found-decapitated-behind-walmart.html

The man who was found decapitated and mutilated behind a northeast Albuquerque Walmart early Saturday morning has been identified as 42-year-old Clifford Miller of McAlester, Oklahoma...

He was missing his head, his genitals and his clothes.

https://www.abqjournal.com/912267/apd-decapitated-man-found-behind-ne-albuquerque-walmart.html

“We don’t know the specifics of what happened or how the body got there,” Duran said. “We do know that the incident did not occur at the Wal-Mart. This seems like it was the end point of the contact between the person who did it and the victim.”

Duran said he didn’t know whether the man’s head is still missing. Although, he said later that investigators will not be using dental records to identify him.

Good grief, this is very near where I live, maybe two miles. I always shudder over Walmarts anyway as the ones here have seen their share of crimes in parking lots, etc...but not usually this one. But there is a popular topless club not far away, not saying it is a factor but who knows.

Any priors on Clifford Miller?
Trafficking or possession w/ intent to distribute ? What was his financial life looking like? Desperate people do stupid things

Any priors on Clifford Miller?
Trafficking or possession w/ intent to distribute ? What was his financial life looking like? Desperate people do stupid things

I don't know if it was just possession or something more serious, but Clifford was arrested for marijuana back in 2000, according to this article with mugshot. http://www.kxii.com/content/news/McAlester-man-victim-in-Albuquerque-killing-407660565.html

Cutting off his head and genitals and dumping him in a Wal-Mart parking lot is so extreme.

Wal-Marts typically have very good surveillance cam coverage though. Hopefully LE can find something of value there.

I know there are cruel, sadistic people in this world, but this takes that to a whole new level. I hope he was dead before the mutilation occurred.
Hugs and prayers to his family. I can't begin to imagine the hurt, shock, and horror his family is going thru at this time.

Deputy Chief Miller said Clifford Miller had an arrest sheet more than three pages long, primarily assault and battery, public drunk and resisting arrest complaints and the most recent on record was in 2004.

"Most of the citations, they are misdemeanors, so it's not a lot felonies," Deputy Chief Miller said.

http://www.newson6.com/story/341106...ound-beheaded-in-nm-had-lengthy-arrest-record

Maybe he got drunk and made someone mad. Edit, I see the last arrest was in 2004. So he may not have gotten drunk... He was there for work. Very sad.

I can't help but think that this sounds like the cartel. Or the mafia or ISIS. It's just so extreme.

Since this occurred close to the border I'd bet on the cartel. Maybe he was employed by them in some way or another and he failed to meet expectations? Could they have have thought he "snitched?" MOO JMO

I agree - it's definitely a Cartel. The way they killed him is essentially their calling card... I'm from Chicago, and had family members in the Mafia (one was an 'Enforcer'), when I was in High School I worked for them at a legitimate business, but then they put me to work spying on the guy who ran it because he was shorting them money, stealing - so I went through his accounting records and his personal notes (where he kept track of what he was taking) when he wasn't looking and photocopied everything (I counted the money behind his back and found the discrepancies, etc) and then reported it to them (the Old Man then took me out for a really nice Italian dinner and paid me well; don't ask me about the guy who was stealing the money). Also, a band I played in did a private concert for all the Chicago Mob (and in return they got us an entire week's worth of recording time in the studio - 40 hours!), and I dated someone who's father is high-ranking Mafia - so, I can tell you that the Mob doesn't normally decapitate people; they shoot them, beat them to death, or make them disappear. Some Enforcers might use a hammer, or strangle the victim, but... ISIS is such a remote possibility it's just not really worth serious consideration here - especially given the proximity to Mexico, the Cartel seems the most likely. But yeah, either he talked, or else tried to steal the money or drugs: I knew a girl and her friend (another female) who were selling Cocaine for the Colombians, and they stole a bunch of the product. Well, the one woman worked as a waitress at I-Hop, and this one Sunday her friend was there having a late breakfast at one of her tables. The entire restaurant was packed with people - virtually the entire town would come out to get breakfast after church ended. In walked two Colombian men, they grabbed both girls, beat them, and then each cut one of the girl's eyes out - in the midst of all those people! They left them lying in a bloody mess on the floor as they casually walked out and left, never to be seen again. Anyway, we can speculate that Miller was probably looking for a quick way to make some money, and figured he could sell - but the Cartel are very serious, and once you go down that road, most likely you won't be coming back... I suspect the chances of finding his killer(s) are slim to none, and most likely back in Mexico.

I can't help but think that this sounds like the cartel. Or the mafia or ISIS. It's just so extreme.

Since this occurred close to the border I'd bet on the cartel. Maybe he was employed by them in some way or another and he failed to meet expectations? Could they have have thought he "snitched?" MOO JMO

By Tuesday, Miller’s extended family had heard the news and were struggling to process it.

Chandel Fults, the sister of Miller’s ex-wife,said Miller’s 11-year-old son died in a car crash almost four years ago. She said he had two daughters and was trying to reconnect with the oldest one.

“(Miller’s ex-wife) was crying when I talked to her,” Fults said. “I had to tell her oldest daughter myself. How would you take it if you had to be told your dad died?”

Fults said she wasn’t sure what job Miller had traveled to Albuquerque for, but said he had been a long-time employee at a roofing company in his hometown of McAlester, Okla.

APD spokesman Fred Duran said homicide detectives don’t think Miller was killed at the Wal-Mart, on Wyoming near Menaul NE, but they would not say where they think he was killed. There is no suspect information, he said.

https://www.abqjournal.com/912812/police-id-man-found-decapitated-behind-walmart.html

I don't know if it was just possession or something more serious, but Clifford was arrested for marijuana back in 2000, according to this article with mugshot. http://www.kxii.com/content/news/McAlester-man-victim-in-Albuquerque-killing-407660565.html

Cutting off his head and genitals and dumping him in a Wal-Mart parking lot is so extreme.

Wal-Marts typically have very good surveillance cam coverage though. Hopefully LE can find something of value there.

I just read where they actually found his body----Duran pointed out that while media reports are stating Miller's body was found "at" a Walmart, the crime scene was actually not located on Walmart property; Miller's body was found on a median in a parking lot that the business doesn't own.

if he was homeless it doesn't seem like he was doing cartel work.... maybe using? but they don't usually do all THAT to the addicts... this is real hinky

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back