MA - Vanessa Marcotte, 27, murdered, Princeton, 7 Aug 2016 #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

"Vanessa Marcotte, 27, was last seen Sunday afternoon while visiting family in Princeton, Mass., police said. Around 1 p.m., she went for a jog — and vanished. Officers found her body in the woods that night about a half mile from her mother’s home."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...c-google-employee-dead-mass-article-1.2742909

Presser Aug 8th
[video=youtube;2D3fmpBEAfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D3fmpBEAfU[/video]

In fact, one of the few details investigators have released is that Marcotte did fight back and may have inflicted some injuries on her attacker. Police have asked the public to be on the lookout for anyone with scratches, scrapes or bruises that would have been inflicted around Aug. 7 and to call the anonymous tip line at 508-453-7589.

http://www.masslive.com/news/worcester/index.ssf/2016/08/vanessa_marcottes_tweet.html

She had a pattern. Marcotte would visit her mother on a weekends and go for a run before returning to the city on Sundays. If she was the intended victim and her killing was not a random act, Kirby said her weekend runs "would be the place."

http://www.masslive.com/news/worces.../fbi_profiler_on_vanessa_marcotte_killer.html

Video Interview w Unidentified Man in Socks - Says he Gave DNA to LE

[just a note, since we don't the man's name it is acceptable to refer to him as Socks or the UI DNA guy but please avoid other variations - thanks]

Video - Reporter walk thru of Crime Scene

Thread #1
Thread #2
Thread #3
Thread #4
Thread #5

Please continue here.

Please remember we are here to discuss, not bicker.

I do agree it is difficult to have a discussion here. What is most frustrating is the certainty being projected about things with limited openness to others opinions, when really so little is known in this case. So there is no certainty about much. Therefore again, there are many scenarios and possibilities here. Hopefully they will have more news soon, headway toward closure in this disturbing case that impacts many. Prayers with her family at this time as well.

THe amount of bickering on this thread is getting old

One other thing. Maybe most won't agree. But one thing is analyzing facts in the case, events in the day to try to understand what happened, etc. And I wish it could be narrowed down more to facts known from that day. Although, it must be hard for her family if they were to look at this and see people speculate, project and dive into every little detail of her life, clothing, habits, etc without knowing her and possibly being "very wrong" about what SHE was doing or who she is, yet projecting it as if it is fact. She is a victim. If anyone needs analyzing (and of course it has been done) it is the perpetrator who committed this horrific crime and how he may have managed to do this, IMO . Again, I know that comes up too. I am just speaking out on some things that have brought such a tense atmosphere here.

I joined this group late, so to speak, my first post being on page 18 of the 5th thread. Although it seems I may have contributed to frustrations here, I am happy to say that just before I joined, the conversation seemed to have stalled considerably. With 3 or 4 days worth of posts on a single page.

Now we are filling several pages a day. I agree people need to let each others ideas be heard. There is a lot of intellect at work in this thread and we are all frustrated with the case.

Hopefully the phenotyping can give us new clues to look at.

I agree kickoff, there is very little to go on. And I'll be the first to admit that as you all know, I am very protective of the integrity of the facts. I think it is highly important tenet of sound investigation. You never can know what truths the slightest, seemingly meaningless little detail may hold.

My best highschool friend was hit and killed on his motorcycle while on his way to work by an elderly driver returning from a round of golf. If he brushed his teeth that morning for just 10 seconds longer, I'd still be able to see him. Similarly, the details of this case could hinge on seconds. Or they could hinge on something that happened a year ago. Obviously we just don't know. But if we worship the facts, I contend that it will never hurt, and can only help the case. I need to think of more hypothetical questions.

We have some turbulence but I appreciate everyone on here. Keep it alive and keep the conversation going!

What are your top three reasons why the body was left where it was?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Rocky1
As far as the google employee being involved, lets set his IQ, being too smart, or because he works for google etc aside for a second.
If he was an employee, although he would need her password, and that would be like giving someone your ATM pin number and bank account info, he may not need a tracking device in her phone at all.
He may have been close enough that she told him the details about her running times, that she visited a rural setting on weekends etc. In fact, he may not have had to visit the area in the past at all, using Google maps to find the path. All he would have needed was the town and her last name to find her moms address.
I do however think that LE has checked out every one of her coworkers, or at least questioned most to see if she had a strange acting coworker that was obsessed with her. I don't see someone acting that suave as to where he wouldn't have at least thrown one red flag, and if this is the case, maybe many red flags.

If he knew how to hack a phone cause he was techie he wouldn't need her password to install anything.

Also the address is under her aunt and uncles surname which is different then her moms married or maiden names.

ThinkHard, This is your response to the last page on the previous thread.
If someone can bypass a password on a smart phone, and add programs, maybe you can explain why the FBI summoned Apple to court so they would tell them the procedure for getting the "password" to a certain phone, and then ended up spending over a million dollars on a program themselves just to get the "password?"
Why do that if it's so easy just to bypass it? Am I missing something?

It doesn't matter if VMs mom was living with relatives that don't share the same name. She has a landline, and even if that landline is tied to a PO Box, a simple search in White Pages Premium has an entire list of family and relatives.
All public info, and obtainable in less than 5 minutes.

PRINCETON (CBS) – Patience. If the information police floated this week in the Vanessa Marcotte murder seems very vague, at least one private investigator says it’s far from being an “unresolved” case.
Dr. Sarah Stein investigates cold cases, which she says the Marcotte case is not. “We know that the Massachusetts State Police have a lot of information in this case,” she says.
Wednesday, police put out a public plea for information from anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV near the murder scene on Brooks Station Road in Princeton the afternoon of August 7th.
Stein says it could be a stalker. “We know that Vanessa used to come home on a regular basis and then the last thing she would do before returning to the city, she would go for a run,” Stein said. “So in that way someone who’s inclined to stalk a victim would be easily able to determine her habits.”
By dangling this information out there, she says police could be, in effect, communicating with the killer to show they’re on to him. Neighbors in the tiny town where the murder happened can only hope.

PRINCETON (CBS) – Patience. If the information police floated this week in the Vanessa Marcotte murder seems very vague, at least one private investigator says it’s far from being an “unresolved” case.
Dr. Sarah Stein investigates cold cases, which she says the Marcotte case is not. “We know that the Massachusetts State Police have a lot of information in this case,” she says.
Wednesday, police put out a public plea for information from anyone who saw a dark-colored SUV near the murder scene on Brooks Station Road in Princeton the afternoon of August 7th.
Stein says it could be a stalker. “We know that Vanessa used to come home on a regular basis and then the last thing she would do before returning to the city, she would go for a run,” Stein said. “So in that way someone who’s inclined to stalk a victim would be easily able to determine her habits.”
By dangling this information out there, she says police could be, in effect, communicating with the killer to show they’re on to him. Neighbors in the tiny town where the murder happened can only hope.

Just a question- what do police hope to accomplish by "communicating with the killer that they're on to him"? I would love for that to be true, but those kinds of things strike me as a bluff. What is gained by telling a killer you're onto him. It would seem better to not let on that you're aware and building your case. I'm not a detective, though. Can anyone explain the possible theory behind this?

I wonder if this is accurate. Two things-
There is a more specific inference here about her run times "the last thing she would do before returning to the city is go for a run"
Which, if true, would certainly strengthen the planned attack theories.

BUT THE BIGGEST THING I NOTICED-

where she was found is referred to as the "MURDER SCENE"

Just a question- what do police hope to accomplish by "communicating with the killer that they're on to him"? I would love for that to be true, but those kinds of things strike me as a bluff. What is gained by telling a killer you're onto him. It would seem better to not let on that you're aware and building your case. I'm not a detective, though. Can anyone explain the possible theory behind this?
None what so ever. All that tells me is that if they are letting him know they are on to him, his chances of fleeing increases before they can make an arrest.

None what so ever. All that tells me is that if they are letting him know they are on to him, his chances of fleeing increases before they can make an arrest.

Yea, or he can cover his tracks and destroy any evidence he might still have, if he kept a shoe or something. So what's the deal then? If they aren't "taunting" him as that article suggests, seems to me they still don't know who did it, but they don't want the public to lose hope or think they haven't made progress?

Not necessarily depending on what kind of life he is fleeing from. He wouldn't get far anyway if they are onto him. IMO. But, no need for anyone to come back with all the ways he can 'escape' lol. I know that too . Just have my opinions , after reading this. Thanks

If this were to be someone with an established life, that would point less to a very younger person as people have been implying.

Yea, or he can cover his tracks and destroy any evidence he might still have, if he kept a shoe or something. So what's the deal then? If they aren't "taunting" him as that article suggests, seems to me they still don't know who did it, but they don't want the public to lose hope or think they haven't made progress?
Although I wish they did, I don't think they have a clue who it is, and this question keeps coming back to me...
If they are so certain that the SUV was involved, rather than just acting on a tip, then why the DNA dragnet?

One thing I also want to point out.
It was stated in a previous post here, that what Vanessa had for breakfast makes no difference. Nothing could be further from the truth, Stomach contents I am sure was a factor in determining time of death.

Not necessarily depending on what kind of life he is fleeing from. He wouldn't get far anyway if they are onto him. IMO. But, no need for anyone to come back with all the ways he can 'escape' lol. I know that too . Just have my opinions , after reading this. Thanks

So then kickoff. Why would the police taunt the killer- what's the benefit?

I agree, he may not flee. I am saying that the odds would increase if he knows they are coming after him, and he's looking at life in prison, as opposed to them being quiet.

In addition, I believe they asked anyone who knows a man who had 'access' to a dark SUV that day. That is beyond someone knowing about BSR. This is simply 'access' to a dark SUV that day. It would be wise for anyone who knows this fact in the area to step forward and say so.

I agree, he may not flee. I am saying that the odds would increase if he knows they are coming after him, and he's looking at life in prison, as opposed to them being quiet.

Again, I think it would be difficult for him to get far and it depends on his living situation and who he is suddenly fleeing away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie