IN - 3 year old found locked in box, North Judson, 14 Dec 2016

This just sickens me. How nine adults knew of this abuse? My cousin lives in the same
town - hadn't heard anything about this. I can't wrap my head around anyone who would
abuse a child? Horrific.

Wow! Scrolling through FB pages. Even as locked down as they are, this poor baby really needs to be way far and away from these people!

Wow! Scrolling through FB pages. Even as locked down as they are, this poor baby really needs to be way far and away from these people!

Donna's bit on her Facebook where she put that she is a loving mother and nana, and loves all her kids whether blood or not... *gag*

From what I've read, I think that the mother of the 3 year old who was put in the box died a couple of years ago, and the child's father got custody. I think Chris Short (25) is the father of the child, and I think Donna Short (42) is his wife, and Patricia Meeks (18) is her daughter.

The 3 year old and 5 other juveniles were removed from the property by the Department of Child Services.

https://www.google.com/amp/wreg.com...-inside-box/amp/?client=ms-android-sonymobile

“We got a tip from the prison that there possibly could be a little girl being held in a box overnight. Family members said they could hear her crying,” said Pulaski County Sheriff, Jeffery Richwine.

They obtained a search warrant and went to the house where the little girl was allegedly being held on December 14....

He said the box would have escaped their notice if they hadn’t been looking for it...

“The box was shot, approximately 34 inches long, probably 24 by 24. It had a top to it. Inside it was a little girl, and there was a couple blankets in there and then a small thing sleeping pad. This house was full of bugs, cockroaches everywhere, this box had cockroaches in it. She was laying in their asleep,” said Sheriff Richwine...

If convicted, all three face up to six years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

http://www.abc57.com/story/34092806...ared-in-court-grandfather-and-officials-react

"Never seen anything like this,' Richwine told WNDU.

'You go there and think, "Hopefully this is not true. Nobody's going to have a small girl in a box, that's just not going to happen." And you go there, when they say it, you just don't believe it. You're thinking, "My God, who would do this?"...'

He said he also worries that the child could end up back in the hands of the same family members who kept her in the container.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.dail...living-room.html?client=ms-android-sonymobile

"I’ve seen people treat their animals better. It’s like a nightmare and I wish I’d wake up,” said Frank Jackson, the toddler’s grandfather.
Frank Jackson is the toddler’s maternal grandfather and claims that in the last few years, Christopher Short, 25, has hardly let him see his grandchildren. He says this came after his daughter passed away...

In court documents, Christopher Short, the toddler’s father, claims he did not know anything about the toddler being put into the box…rather he says she would climb in and out by herself.

Donna Short, 42, who also lives at the home and was arrested Wednesday, stated that the little girl chooses to “stay in the box all night.”

Still1220_000005.jpg

http://www.newsnowwarsaw.com/pulask...ked-box-worst-case-child-abuse-hes-ever-seen/

Donna's bit on her Facebook where she put that she is a loving mother and nana, and loves all her kids whether blood or not... *gag*

From what I've read, I think that the mother of the 3 year old who was put in the box died a couple of years ago, and the child's father got custody. I think Chris Short (25) is the father of the child, and I think Donna Short (42) is his wife, and Patricia Meeks (18) is her daughter.

The 3 year old and 5 other juveniles were removed from the property by the Department of Child Services.

https://www.google.com/amp/wreg.com...-inside-box/amp/?client=ms-android-sonymobile
I saw that too [emoji35]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

I'd ALMOST believe a little girl likes to play in a box, but not this box. Like a big lush box with toys and blankets. We used to call them forts.

This... this is unacceptable and disgusting and sad...

Yeah I loved playing with boxes when I was little, too. We got a new water heater once and I played in there until it fell apart. But my boxes sure as heck never had locks!

This is so abhorrent! And like really what kind of parent is going to be like okay kid you can sleep in there but we're locking it? Nope.

It doesn't seem likely those people are ALL "mandatory reporters", a category that includes teachers, medical workers, CPS, CASA volunteers, Child care workers, etc.

As sad as this case is, I don't see that it's completely different from keeping a child in a crib for long periods of time, which is something a lot of lazy parents do.

I'll be interested in hearing who was the "ring leader" in keeping this child locked in the box - I'd guess it's the partner of a biological parent, who isn't a bioparent of the child.

I tried to look at their house on Google maps, and let me tell you, Google does NOT know what to do with their address. North Judson has the very oddest way of naming streets, W 800 N, for example, and that doesn't exist. "Leslie Street" is what it reverts to. ???

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back