NY NY - Brooklyn, Union St, BlkFem 3-7, UP9321, in burning suitcase in abandoned bldg, Apr'89

How horrific. This one sounds like it's going to be tough because under the description it says a witness saw the suitcase containing the body was dumped by a woman who then got into a car and left with three men? Hmm. Someone has to remember something. Maybe some neighbors or if the young girl was in school? Classmates. Teachers. Maybe she was too young to be in school also. Incredibly sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Case of death can't have been the fire, Possible child abuse went bad and they panicked tried to hide the evidence as good as tey could by setting the childs body on fire. Surprising though she's still unidentified.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Never heard of this before, did it make the news? It should.

Case Information

Case Numbers
NCMEC Number--
ME/C Case NumberK89-03120
Demographics
SexFemale
Race / EthnicityBlack / African American
Possible First Name--
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age GroupPreAdolescent
Estimated Age Range (Years)3-7
Estimated Year of Death1989
Estimated PMIHours
Height2' 10"(34 inches) , Measured
Weight30 lbs, Estimated
Circumstances
TypeUnidentified Deceased
Date FoundApril 17, 1989
NamUs Case CreatedSeptember 20, 2011
ME/C QA ReviewedSeptember 21, 2011
Location Found Map
Street Address2055 Union StreetBrooklyn, New York
CountyKings County
GPS Coordinates40.666146, -73.921412
Circumstances of RecoveryUnknown black child found in a burning suitcase in an abandoned building at 2055 Union Street. Passerby on the street had seen an unidentified black female enter the building with the suitcase and three unidentified males. After they left, passerby noticed smoke coming from the building and called police.
Details of Recovery

Inventory of RemainsAll parts recovered
Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Charred/burned
Physical Description
Hair ColorBlack
Head Hair Descriptioncurly, 6"
Body Hair Description--
Facial Hair Description--
Left Eye ColorBrown
Right Eye ColorBrown
Eye Description--
Distinctive Physical Features
No Known Information

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
long sleeved shirt, short pants, "Young Stars" thermal underwear with design on front
On the Body

STREET VIEW, it's in Brownsville.

Google Maps

Oh my goodness. Just a baby.

Thank you, Moonwalker. Before you started creating these posts, I had no sense of how many unidentified black females there were :(
Jan 2012 rbbm
The shocking - and forgotten - toll of missing black women across the U.S. | Daily Mail Online
"A renewed campaign to highlight hundreds of missing African-American women has been launched amid ongoing criticism that less attention is given to their cases by authorities and the media.

According to the National Crime Information Center, nearly 40 per cent of those who have disappeared, often in suspicious circumstances, are black. However critics allege that public attention mainly focuses on white women who have vanished.

According to the Black And Missing Foundation, most women disappear in the states of New York, Georgia, North Carolina, Maryland and Florida."

Ms Wilson added: 'It is time for all people - regardless of race - to be treated equally in their times of greatest need.'

The Black and Missing Foundation was set up by a former law enforcement officer and public relations experts to support families and raise awareness of those who have disappeared. It also offers tips on personal safety".

And it’s NY... isn’t that a state that doesn’t allow DNA research a-la DNA Doe and private companies? (Not that DDP would have taken this case anyway).
I’ve just finished listening to the Baby Hope podcast by the NYPD - they only solved that one through one lucky tip...one wonders if this will be the same.

How does this baby not have a recon? Also are they certain this doe was female or are they going by the clothing? Reason I ask is there are several male children that went missing in NY in 1989. They were kidnapped months apart. Christopher is the only one that the age and timeline fits.

Christopher Dansby- 2 yrs old- Manhattan- 3/30/89

I imagine it would have been the talk of Brooklyn at the time it happened, and also that the adults weren't from far away, because if they could have gone anywhere to do this, why would they stay in the city instead of going out into nature?
It would be great if this case could be solved by DNA.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back