UK - Carla-Nicole Bone, 13 mos, beaten to death, Scotland, May 2002

PrayersForMaura

Help Find Maura Murray
Reaction score
I just want to be ill .... :(

Family fury as mum wins killing appeal

MURDERED baby Carla-Nicole Bone's grandmother revealed last night that she had threatened to kill the tot's mother.
Pathetic Andrea Bone, 23, was the first person in living memory found guilty of culpable homicide by doing nothing.
But yesterday, Bone - who watched her boyfriend brutally batter Carla-Nicole - had her conviction for the killing overturned.
A murder trial heard how she rolled a cigarette and sat drinking coffee as her sadistic boyfriend Sandy McClure smashed her baby's skull at their home.
A shocked court heard how McClure swung the tot against the wall like the pendulum of a grandfather clock.
Liz Berry, 43, whose son David Shorrock was Carla-Nicole's estranged dad, said Bone should have been "strung up".​

This did make me ILL!!! How could she just sit there!!!!!!!!!! :furious:
I don't care how low on the intelligence scale they claim she is, she needs to rot in prison IMO.

I hate to hear she won the appeal. How any mother could calmly sit and watch their child being killed is beyond me.

What an unspeakable crime! How could they let her out? :behindbar

fran

I swear, the thought of that little child being flung against a wall repeatedly makes me cry. How can humans do this and be able to live with themselves?

I do not have kids of my own yet, but I can not see doing this to any child. No way. This story bothered me all night after I read it. I can't believe that mother isn't rotting away in jail. And she says she "thought about killing herself to be with her dead child" or something like that. Oh yeah, what is that, for sympathy?? She obviously didn't think hard enough because she's still around and free as a bird. :mad:

Everything about this is just wrong! :furious: She is just as responsible for that poor baby's murder as the boyfriend is. How could she be set free??? :furious: This is unthinkable.

God Bless baby Carla-Nicole's soul. :angel: She's in a place where no one will ever hurt her again.

Sometimes I wonder why God lets these women have children. There are so many wonderful people in the world that want kids, and are unable to have children... this makes my guts hurt. IMO she should rot in the prison system. How could any mother do that???????????

I just want to be sick reading this.......There just arent words to describe the horror of this. I wish I hadn't even opened this thread.:banghead:

By the way - what does IMO stand for.

Sherry

Sherry67 said:
I just want to be sick reading this.......There just arent words to describe the horror of this. I wish I hadn't even opened this thread.:banghead:

By the way - what does IMO stand for.

Sherry

IMO = in my opinion

This is a sickening story.

I just re-read the article and it said she was 8 1/2 months pregnant at the time of this incident. Someone pleeeeaaassee tell me she doesn't have custody of that child....please

another 3 judges to add to my hate list.:furious: I feel terrible for the bio father and grandmother .I see the mother was charged with neglecting this poor child for 4 months before she was murdered ,I wonder what the poor little thing went through before he murdered her.:( .I am praying she doesnt ever get custody of the baby she was carrying when this happened .

it's sick to see the way these people always plead "crazy" so they can get off. My question is......how come "mentally ill" people only seem to do evil, twisted things????.......how come they never have the urge to do something good? How come the "voices" they hear or their "multiple personalities" don't tell them to do something nice like ....maybe.....rake their neighbors yard.....or paint their house.....or volunteer at a homeless shelter. Kinda interesting?????

I have very limited "sorry" feelings for the father of this child......Did he marry the mother when she got pregnant? or did he run off and dump her? What business did he have getting her pregnant if they weren't married?
I'm sorry, but all to often you see the bio mom/dad come out of the woodwork after a situation like this looking for sympathy for themselves...as if THEY are the victim....that to me is almost as sick as what this creep did to this child. It's like they are trying to benefit from the tragedy. I don't know the complete story - but it appears that bio dad wasn't in the picture much......so as far as I'm concerned he's just as much to blame for bringing a child into this world that he "couldn't be bothered with"......this happens tooooo often nowadays.:furious:

Sherry67 said:
I have very limited "sorry" feelings for the father of this child......Did he marry the mother when she got pregnant? or did he run off and dump her? What business did he have getting her pregnant if they weren't married?
I'm sorry, but all to often you see the bio mom/dad come out of the woodwork after a situation like this looking for sympathy for themselves...as if THEY are the victim....that to me is almost as sick as what this creep did to this child. It's like they are trying to benefit from the tragedy. I don't know the complete story - but it appears that bio dad wasn't in the picture much......so as far as I'm concerned he's just as much to blame for bringing a child into this world that he "couldn't be bothered with"......this happens tooooo often nowadays.:furious:

I don't really think that is fair to say... you don't need to be married to have children. Marriage doesn't offer anything to a child. I see too much of that these days... people getting married because they have children... or they stay married because they don't want to upset the children. But, then mom and dad are fighting and it makes for a bad living situation all around. My boyfriend is a single father, and he and the mom to the child both love him very much... but, they just weren't meant to be.

AlwaysHope said:
...Marriage doesn't offer anything to a child...
Dr. Joy Brown (and I) disagree with you. Marriage offers stability to a child. If the parents are committed enough to bring a child into this world, they should be committed enough to get married first (or at least shortly thereafter).

:mad: :furious: :sick: :sick: :(

There isn't a punishment harsh enough for
such a crime.
I feel sick.

nanandjim said:
Dr. Joy Brown (and I) disagree with you. Marriage offers stability to a child. If the parents are committed enough to bring a child into this world, they should be committed enough to get married first (or at least shortly thereafter).

In an ideal world you are absolutely right. In reality each case is different.

Example.

My friend met a "wonderful" man. She ended up pregnant and they decided to get married. After all, a stable life for the child with parents who are married is the best thing right? Everyone agrees.

My friend called off the wedding after she learned "Mr. Wondreful" had been arrested for rape. He is still in jail.

My friend went on to raise their child by herself. She is a great kid who would have been greatly damaged had her mother married her father.

Each situation is different.

jannuncutt said:
nanandjim said:
Dr. Joy Brown (and I) disagree with you. Marriage offers stability to a child.
nanandjim said:
In an ideal world, I'd agree. But in reality, sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.
But don't you think that people make their own "reality" quite often these days???

In this day and age we have multiple forms of birth control.........and we STILL have an extremely high rate of however you want to term them....out-of-wedlock, unwanted, etc. pregnancies. How many of these pregnancies are really "accidental"?? c'mon. I just don't buy that. Too often it's just about the fact that the woman wants to have a child or is trying to hang on to a guy that deep down she know's isn't committed to her.

Marriage certainly does do something for the child.....it's called stability. How will our children learn about committment, giving of your self freely to another, working out problems, working and building a life together, etc. when all they ever see is mom or dad "shacking up" with whoever the flavor of the month is??

Statistics overwhelmingly show that kids that are raised in two parent , married, loving, financially and emotionally stable homes make much more positive decisions for their own lives. Not to mention the fact that the poorest families are led by single parents - marriage builds financial wealth too - another positive.

This is the ideal situation for kids....and for heaven's sake, why wouldn't we want to give our kids that ideal.

Just because some marriages can be awful doesn't mean we should then scrap the whole idea for just living together without any commitment and real sense of stability for our kids. We should work at correcting the problems.

I am quite certain that the statistics from all of these awful cases I read about in this forum in large part point to a common denominator. No mom and dad together in a loving stable marriage.

Obviously every woman who has a child without marriage isn't going to do these awful things. But I'm tired of people who just label people with traditional values as "judgemental".

The "If it feels good - then do it" mentality has really made a mess of this world. Need Proof....keep reading these stories.....more and more ( and sicker ones) every day. :sick: Sorry, this is just how I feel.

Sherry67 said:
But don't you think that people make their own "reality" quite often these days???

In this day and age we have multiple forms of birth control.........and we STILL have an extremely high rate of however you want to term them....out-of-wedlock, unwanted, etc. pregnancies. How many of these pregnancies are really "accidental"?? c'mon. I just don't buy that. Too often it's just about the fact that the woman wants to have a child or is trying to hang on to a guy that deep down she know's isn't committed to her.

Marriage certainly does do something for the child.....it's called stability. How will our children learn about committment, giving of your self freely to another, working out problems, working and building a life together, etc. when all they ever see is mom or dad "shacking up" with whoever the flavor of the month is??

Statistics overwhelmingly show that kids that are raised in two parent , married, loving, financially and emotionally stable homes make much more positive decisions for their own lives. Not to mention the fact that the poorest families are led by single parents - marriage builds financial wealth too - another positive.

This is the ideal situation for kids....and for heaven's sake, why wouldn't we want to give our kids that ideal.

Just because some marriages can be awful doesn't mean we should then scrap the whole idea for just living together without any commitment and real sense of stability for our kids. We should work at correcting the problems.

I am quite certain that the statistics from all of these awful cases I read about in this forum in large part point to a common denominator. No mom and dad together in a loving stable marriage.

Obviously every woman who has a child without marriage isn't going to do these awful things. But I'm tired of people who just label people with traditional values as "judgemental".

The "If it feels good - then do it" mentality has really made a mess of this world. Need Proof....keep reading these stories.....more and more ( and sicker ones) every day. :sick: Sorry, this is just how I feel.

Financial Wealth doesn't make a person better... it is those people that have to work and stick together that learn responsibility. Look at Scott Peterson, everything was handed to him on a silver platter... so, i would have to disagree with that statement.

Yes, in an ideal world mom and dad should be married, own a home and have 2.5 kids. Maybe a dog and even a cat, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.

I think as long as the child is in a home, where he/she is wanted, and loved.. that is all that matters.

And, not all single parents are "bed hopping" seeing what the new flavor of the day is... not everyone is like that.

And... as you stated: "out-of-wedlock, unwanted, etc. pregnancies"... yeah, maybe they should have used better birth control... and maybe they were using some... nothing is 100%, well except for not having sex. But, there are plenty of options... adoption is one. I guess it shouldn't matter how or why the child was conceived, he/she has every right to be loved, no child should ever have to think of themselves as an accident or unwanted.

Just my thoughts on it!

By financial wealth, I am not referring to living in a million dollar home. The fact is when people have kids out of marriage - financially it generally is much more of a struggle - which can lead to mom feeling dependant on a boyfriend, so much so that she "allows" him to do bad things . It takes away her options and adds a lot of stress which can lead to abuse.

I know it's not PC to have the opinion that I have. But I've seen first hand in my own extended family the harm that out of wedlock pregnancies do to children. Are ALL single mom's bad...of course not. Most are very good parents. But like I said - the majority of these sad cases you read about in this forum have a common denominator.

It's not just my opinion...it's a fact.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd