Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996-1997, Perth, Western Australia - #8 ARREST*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy to see these headlines after all these years. How far we've come...

I wonder if B R Edwards may have struck again within the last year?

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/santen-robyn

Similar circumstances to the CSK, disappears after leaving a pub/bar and only about 25 - 30 mins drive from Kewdale.

She was a contracts engineer but I cannot find out for whom, she was last seen drinking with colleagues, is it possible BE being an electrical engineer was a work colleague? It would fit around the timeline of BE's marriage ending which could be a trigger to re-kill

Just marking my spot.

I wonder if B R Edwards may have struck again within the last year?

https://www.missingpersons.gov.au/who-missing/wa/santen-robyn

Similar circumstances to the CSK, disappears after leaving a pub/bar and only about 25 - 30 mins drive from Kewdale.

She was a contracts engineer but I cannot find out for whom, she was last seen drinking with colleagues, is it possible BE being an electrical engineer was a work colleague? It would fit around the timeline of BE's marriage ending which could be a trigger to re-kill

I never thought that Robyn Stanten could be connected, but to learn that BE's marriage broke down a year ago... interesting timing.

For those bloggers who were not around or aware in the 1990's, one reason he may have stopped was that all the taxi companies changed the Occupied/Unoccupied light on the roof in response to the CSK. It used to be rectangular with the light inside then changed to a modified rectangle with the light on top which I understand to be the current shape.

Just a note on how BE may have come on to the radar.

Once a DNA link had been made between the CSK and the attack in 1988 using DNA recovered from the Kimono, all the police had to do at that point was to solve the 1988 break and enter and indecent assault. This would give them CSK. So the WAPOL threw all of the resources of Macro at the 1988 case. That amount of resources and modern investigative techniques combined with the evidence already gathered from the initial investigation might have been enough to solve the case quite quickly.

We do not know the details of that case, but it is possible that there was already some evidence suggesting that BE was involved. Talking hypothetically here, maybe a big party had taken place in a neighbouring street with a lot of people at it. Maybe police had identified 20 young men at that party. Maybe half had no alibi. Hitting a brick wall Police couldn't go any further than that list of 10 men since all denied involvement and had no priors. Remember that WAPOL had no access to DNA testing back then.

From this kind of hypothetical, it is not hard to see how things could have snowballed pretty quickly. It all depends on what Macro was able to do with existing evidence and investigations from the 1988 case. BE was from the Gosnells area, or at least schooled there. Gosnells and Huntingdale are neighbouring suburbs. It's completely possible he was already on the radar for the Huntingdale crime.

I am wondering if he was a regular at the Claremont bars, he would have been a 28 year old tall football player, possibly attractive & known to the girls so they accepted a lift?

Just a note on how BE may have come on to the radar.

Once a DNA link had been made between the CSK and the attack in 1988 using DNA recovered from the Kimono, all the police had to do at that point was to solve the 1988 break and enter and indecent assault. This would give them CSK. So the WAPOL threw all of the resources of Macro at the 1988 case. That amount of resources and modern investigative techniques combined with the evidence already gathered from the initial investigation might have been enough to solve the case quite quickly.

We do not know the details of that case, but it is possible that there was already some evidence suggesting that BE was involved. Talking hypothetically here, maybe a big party had taken place in a neighbouring street with a lot of people at it. Maybe police had identified 20 young men at that party. Maybe half had no alibi. Hitting a brick wall Police couldn't go any further than that list of 10 men since all denied involvement and had no priors. Remember that WAPOL had no access to DNA testing back then.

From this kind of hypothetical, it is not hard to see how things could have snowballed pretty quickly. It all depends on what Macro was able to do with existing evidence and investigations from the 1988 case. BE was from the Gosnells area, or at least schooled there. Gosnells and Huntingdale are neighbouring suburbs. It's completely possible he was already on the radar for the Huntingdale crime.
Not sure solving a case like that from 1988 is as easy as that. It would be very difficult in fact.

I think more likely is as you said, they had a handful of suspects previously but nothing concrete. Once the link with csk became evident, they were able to rule the others out.

I am wondering if he was a regular at the Claremont bars, he would have been a 28 year old tall football player, possibly attractive & known to the girls so they accepted a lift?

Football player?

Is he the Bradley Roberts same age when you go on google a guy same age and name went over east to play for bears & Fitzroy? Tall guy too on the stats.

Is he the Bradley Roberts same age when you go on google a guy same age and name went over east to play for bears & Fitzroy? Tall guy too on the stats.

I don't think so - There was a screenshot yesterday that BE's birthday was in December. The football player is born in February.

Completely different guy who is unfortunate to have the same name :)

He was probably the prime suspect in the 1988 case but there wasn't any physical evidence available at the time. I'd be betting he was arrested on suspicion of the Huntingdale crime and then it all fell into place.

He was probably the prime suspect in the 1988 case but there wasn't any physical evidence available at the time. I'd be betting he was arrested on suspicion of the Huntingdale crime and then it all fell into place.

According to the Gosnells SHS 30 yr Reunion FB page he went to Huntingdale PS, so presumably his parents lived in the local catchment for that school, and it is likely that he was still living with them in 1988 as he was only 19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong