WA WA - Kris Fowler, 31, hiker, Pacific Coast Trail, White Pass, 12 Oct 2016

PaulR

Verified Software and Computer Tech
Reaction score
VeX0VvM.jpg

Kris was hiking north on the Pacific Coast Trail and hasn't been sighted since October 12th, when he was deciding whether or not to deal with possible bad weather ahead on the upcoming portion of the trail. There's an unconfirmed sighting of him on October 22nd near Blowout Mountain. This would have been only about 9 miles to Snoqualmie Pass/I-90.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/lo...cle_a2916b54-b46a-11e6-86eb-af6401c5d6c6.html
http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/northwest/pacific-crest-hiker-is-missing-near-white-pass/
The Facebook page for the search

[h=1]More searches in the works for missing Pacific Crest Trail hiker[/h]
WHITE PASS, Wash. — The search for the hiker last seen near White Pass in October could resume later this month as snow continues to melt on the Pacific Crest Trail.
Yakima County sheriff’s Sgt. Randy Briscoe said he’s organizing a search party with Kittitas County officials that could start as soon as this weekend.

“I’m very grateful and it is encouraging to know that that’s what they had been telling me all along,” Fowler’s stepmother, Sally Guyton Fowler, said in a phone call Tuesday from her home in Ohio. “I’m not surprised because so far anything (Briscoe’s) told me they’re going to do, he’s done it.”

Guyton Fowler said she hopes to facilitate a search with local hikers who aren’t officially trained to complement the county teams and can’t join them for liability reasons.
http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/lo...cle_67136660-69f3-11e7-bf64-0fd20e0e893e.html

[h=1]Volunteer search planned for missing Pacific Crest Trail hiker[/h]
5818b221e00d6.image.jpg

Kris Fowler’s story and the relentless efforts of his family, especially stepmother Sally Guyton Fowler, to raise awareness struck a chord with thousands, including Andrea Kirkman. She and her husband, Josh, will welcome any and all volunteers for a renewed search next weekend in the hopes of uncovering more clues and perhaps finding some long-awaited closure for the Fowler family.
Guyton Fowler and group members began floating the possibility of another search when weather permitted even before the unusually large winter snowpack began to melt, and Kirkman said she started discussing plans with Guyton Fowler about a month and a half ago. Kirkman said the group includes 12 volunteers who will begin near Stampede Pass and head south toward Blowout Mountain, where it’s believed two bear hunters saw Fowler 10 days after the last confirmed sighting at White Pass.

“There’s four trails that actually connect to the PCT,” Kirkman said. “So we’re going to concentrate on the Blowout Mountain just in case he decided to turn around because he actually knew the trail.”

She and her husband know the area well and formerly volunteered as part of the search and rescue team in Darrington, so they took the lead with the blessing of Guyton Fowler, who continues to do all she can from Ohio. Kirkman said she’s received an overwhelming response from people wanting to help or suggesting where to look.
http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/lo...cle_d9ba6646-7d8a-11e7-b1cf-1b969d23e5de.html

Want to join the search?

■ Text Andrea Kirkman at 425-948-3187 or email adermates@hotmail.com. Bring backpacking supplies for staying overnight, including The 13 Essentials.

Volunteers should start arriving the evening of Aug. 17 just off I-90 at Exit 62 with plans to head out on the trails no later 
 than 10 a.m. the next day, and she emphasized safety will be a top priority.

Permits for parking and camping are not needed, and volunteers 
are welcome to come or go at any time if unable to stay the entire weekend.

http://www.yakimaherald.com/news/lo...cle_d9ba6646-7d8a-11e7-b1cf-1b969d23e5de.html

I see nothing has been posted in a while other than Sasha’s Charley Project link. This is the latest missing poster with pictures of items he had with him when he went missing.

Attachments

• A5F54F84-55EE-4563-ABC8-BEFF8DB71D32.jpeg
    A5F54F84-55EE-4563-ABC8-BEFF8DB71D32.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 13
Sally Guyton Fowler still communicates every day from her home in Ohio with people who might be able to find her stepson, Kris Fowler. His trail nickname was “Sherpa.” The last confirmed sighting of the then 34-year-old came Oct. 12, 2016, near White Pass, where it’s believed he grabbed coffee before heading toward the Canadian border to complete the last 366 miles of his 2,600-mile journey.

Details for the volunteer search — scheduled for Aug. 22-24 — will be released on the “Bring Kris Fowler/Sherpa Home” Facebook page at a later date.

Search continues for Pacific Crest Trail hiker missing since 2016

According to “Missing Hikers and Beyond Discussion Group” on Facebook, there is a grid search for him this weekend.
I’m hoping they find something.

Attachments

• 2BFA1DB1-E74C-44F2-8302-6C2E65619522.jpeg
    2BFA1DB1-E74C-44F2-8302-6C2E65619522.jpeg
    177.8 KB · Views: 13
  • 8FB68702-2A27-4FE8-8E03-9DE3D478DB9D.jpeg
    8FB68702-2A27-4FE8-8E03-9DE3D478DB9D.jpeg
    94.7 KB · Views: 11
The search continues for missing Pacific Crest Trail hiker Kris Fowler, last spotted at White Pass in 2016

Two podcasts and a new nonprofit will help ensure that more people will hear the story of missing Pacific Crest Trail hiker Kris Fowler, who was last seen near White Pass in 2016.

They are crucial in keeping members of the hiking community, especially those in Central Washington, aware of Fowler’s disappearance. His stepmother, Sally Guyton Fowler of Ohio, and others involved in the ongoing search, hope new flyers can be put up to maximize the chances of finding long-awaited answers.

“You get worried about people staying aware,” Guyton Fowler said. “My concern is somebody is going to come across some gear and either walk on past it, never report it or throw it away.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back