TX - Steven Hawkins for child *advertiser censored*, Austin, 2003

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A Texan who watched a live Internet broadcast of the sexual molestation of a [2 month old] baby by the child's father -- and who sent messages with instructions -- is going to prison.

A federal judge in Austin today sentenced 47-year-old Steven Keith Hawkins to 17 and a-half years behind bars.

The Austin man pleaded guilty in September to two counts of transporting and shipping material involving the sexual exploitation of a minor and one count of possession of material involving the sexual exploitation of a minor.

The sentence was harsher than the ten years that a judge in California gave 42-year-old Larry Michael Jeffs -- the man convicted of transmitting the video images.

http://www.team4news.com/Global/story.asp?S=4139957&nav=0w0v

I hardly know how to respond to these anymore.

Where was the mother in all of this?

I am utterly speechless!!! I just don't know how much sicker people can get in this world anymore.

less0305 said:
I am utterly speechless!!! I just don't know how much sicker people can get in this world anymore.

I know. I don't know what to say other than I hope these ba$tards rot in hell. :furious: What kind of a sick person does this to any child, especially a 2 month old. :furious:

I think these sick people should be put to death immediately and get them out of our society. Maybe that will send a message to other sickos out there that have plans to do the same thing. :furious: In my eyes, these sickos aren't even human.

So disgusting. I agree that we need to crack down more harshly on these sickos who prey on innocent children.

Cypros said:
So disgusting. I agree that we need to crack down more harshly on these sickos who prey on innocent children.

well said...

I think BOTH of these sickos should have been sentenced to life. Why on earth wasn't the molester sentenced to more time??

nanandjim said:
I think BOTH of these sickos should have been sentenced to life. Why on earth wasn't the molester sentenced to more time??

That's what I'm wondering. I guess this part of the article explains the sentence:

But authorities say Jeffs -- of El Dorado Hills, California -- helped prosecutors nab other pedophiles.

Ten years for raping an infant! I think he should have bargained for a life sentence. It's this kind of sentencing that produces child murderers.

Ella said:
Ten years for raping an infant! I think he should have bargained for a life sentence. It's this kind of sentencing that produces child murderers.

Ten years is not nearly enough. This should have been a death penalty case, imo. Then they could get his help in exchange for LWOP.

nanandjim said:
He probably was, or will be, but it was state time, not federal. Federal time has to be served before state time.

Ella said:
It's a just the federal sentencing. The state no doubt already has him serving time for rape as well.

BillyGoatGruff said:
It's a just the federal sentencing. The state no doubt already has him serving time for rape as well.

Good! I hope you are right.

I think they should charge these rapist not only with rape, but also attempted murder, as the act that they engage in could easily lead to death for the child. I hate these types of cases!
I wonder how many other pedofiles the rapist actually helped convict? Was there more than one watching the video? I am glad the judge in Texas gave so much time to the guy watching! He deserved it! I hate that these guys not only rape these babies, but that other men get off watching and encouraging them!
Thank God it wasn't Cincinnati again.

Can you believe they waited 6 months before arresting this piece of crap! How many more times did he abuse this baby before they finally went in to make the arrest. :furious:

I know they were trying to get more evidence against him but I think they had enough. :furious:

"Larry Michael Jeffs, 41, was arrested at his home Thursday after the agents said they found explicit video images showing him engaging in sexual acts with the infant, who is now 8 months old. "

They should fry them both. This is so disgusting to even imagine. That poor little baby. I seriously wish they could both get death sentences.

How in the world could this sentence be so light? It is a baby for Christ's sake. Is it OK to rape a baby because they can't talk? Some of these cases are so repugnant that it makes your mind reel. But, actually I find the revealing of them to be very, very importent.Knowledge is everything.

I could never be a cop. I would have planted a gun on him after I blew him away. I would have shot him at least six times before I gave him the fatal one. Kneecaps, feet, hands, wait an hour to see if he'll bleed to death, and then finish him off.

Ella said:
I could never be a cop. I would have planted a gun on him after I blew him away. I would have shot him at least six times before I gave him the fatal one. Kneecaps, feet, hands, wait an hour to see if he'll bleed to death, and then finish him off.
I like your style!:blowkiss:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee