NH - Franklin police: shelter in place-man with gun loose

NH1 News Network @NH1News

Police: Franklin shelter in place remains in effect. Residents should await further instructions and be prepared to evacuate.

Wonder if this is another overreaction?

Actually never thought about how do they do a shelter in place in a neighborhood - a university I get ?

Actually never thought about how do they do a shelter in place in a neighborhood - a university I get ?
They might do an automated phone call to the resident's homes? I never really thought about it either I guess I always just figured if you see a bunch of cops and a gunman is in your area you'd just stay inside automatically lol

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Also if there is "no threat to the public" why would they issue a shelter in place warning?

I wonder too!

I live in a very urban area, and we do have police helicopters overhead on occasion chasing criminals. I've never heard any "shelter in place" warnings during those times. Later, we might hear of a bust on the news or on local FB pages, but not always.

I am assuming the police would issue a statement to the press for "shelter in place" and do an alert to cell phones like they do for an amber alert or flash flood warning?

Hope this guy is caught soon.

I googled reverse 911 calls for my location and found it on the city's website but had to sign up.

Locally it is called Code Red and only took a couple of minutes to input my info and receive a test call.

I googled reverse 911 calls for my location and found it on the city's website but had to sign up.

Locally it is called Code Red and only took a couple of minutes to input my info and receive a test call.

Good to know - thank you!

I just looked up reverse 911 for my city and learned there are a number of ways to be alerted (including fax, which sort of makes me chuckle for some reason).

Learn something new every day. :)

They might do an automated phone call to the resident's homes? I never really thought about it either I guess I always just figured if you see a bunch of cops and a gunman is in your area you'd just stay inside automatically lol

Thats funny!!

Also if there is "no threat to the public" why would they issue a shelter in place warning?

I thought that too - kinda schizophrenic

!!

Ugh oh, changed the "feel" of this

In these days that is smart - wish new years would come and be gone already - they seem to have had quite an effective campaign (bad guys).

http://www.nh1.com/news/heavy-police-presence-in-franklin-closes-roads/
franklin_map.jpg

franklin_map.jpg

3 a.m. to the area of Prospect Street to investigate a reported gunshot.
Officers encountered Ryan Brouillard when they arrived at the scene. They backed away from him and called in a SWAT team and state troopers for assistance, police said.

A helicopter is searching above the neighborhood. Police have blocked off multiple streets in the area.

http://www.wmur.com/article/heavy-police-presence-in-franklin-neighborhood/8541310

A daycare in the area is on lock down, but no schools in the area are currently in session because of the holidays.

CBS

franklin3.jpg

I had to runs errands - I looked has nothing changed?

I do not understand, you have a neighborhood on lockdown, shot fires,, swat, and no live coverage ?

maybe i am on the the wrong station! does someone have someone covering this live?

It is amasing they are doing some lonely one on christmas who made some food?

Thanks CARIIS. I can't find any updates so far

I do not understand, you have a neighborhood on lockdown, shot fires,, swat, and no live coverage ?

They might not want the suspect to see any live coverage of what the cops are doing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back