SC SC - Mount Pleasant, near Wando Bridge, Blk/WhtMale 14-19, UP8421, skull, est DOD '00-'06, Aug'06

Missing since September 1, 1999 from Hemingway, Georgetown County, South Carolina
Classification: Endangered Missing
Vital Statistics

• [*]Date Of Birth: August 19, 1978
    [*]Age at Time of Disappearance: 21 years old
    [*]Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 160 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Black male. Black hair; brown eyes.
    [*]Marks, Scars: Tattoo of the name "Leary" on upper arm, previously fractured nose.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dale was last seen at a family member's residence, in the vicinity of the 4200 block of Carvers Bay Road, in Hemingway, SC.
He was later sighted in October 1999 in Georgia.

His gray 1999 Oldsmobile Alero Coupe was later located at an apartment complex in Daytona Beach, FL.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Georgetown County Sheriff's Office
843-436-6055

Agency Case Number: 01000758
NCIC Number: M-200435888
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:
Namus

Dale Leary

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow. Great find, jacobd83.

I think I'm going to submit him as a possiable match

Was about to make a thread for this doe, but I just saw that one already exists.

I did a search in NamUS for black males between the ages of 10 and 25 missing before August 1, 2006, and I noticed Dale Leary right away. Additionally, I agree with Desmond Dix being a potential match. I have been following Desmond's case for almost five years now and when I stumbled upon MPJD, I immediately thought of him.

Here are some others I thought were noteworthy; in addition to the parameters I specified above, I picked out a few that I thought were the closest to the demographics of this victim, particularly those who went missing from SC or NC who were in their early teens to twenties. Since there isn't much to go by, I think we can be a little bit lenient in terms of whether or not a missing person matches up perfectly to the estimates made about the remains, seeing as they've already incorrectly identified this person as being a member of the wrong sex.

Mike Borges (17, 2005, NC): The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Missing from a close by state, but still more than three hours away from where the remains were found, and he is thought to have traveled north to NJ rather than south to SC. Age matches up well.
-
Travis Lynch (24, 2003, NC): The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He was last seen four hours away from the discovery site, and his age is far out of the estimated age range. However, if they are basing the age range primarily on dental information and the fact that only two of MPJD's wisdom teeth were not yet erupted, some people get their wisdom teeth as late as 25, and it should be noted that two of MPJD's wisdom teeth presumably had already erupted (#17 and #32) so he might not have been too far off from adulthood. Another thing: Travis is very small for a male (5'4)--this is a total shot in the dark, but perhaps that played into the misidentification of this body as being female, even though most of the body was not recovered.
-
Antwon Williams (20, 1998, SC): The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
He went missing from as little as 18 minutes away from where the skull was found, but he is out of the estimated age range and went missing two years before the earliest estimated year of death.
-
Toby Bing
and Shawn Jones (18/22, 1999, SC): The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) and The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Toby almost matches up perfectly with the age range, and I still think that it's not completely out of the question that MPJD could be a bit older than the estimate.

Chrissy Beard (case #2369), Terence Washington (1609), Abdul'Nur Williams (6819), Kawan Pryor (1789), and Lamarst Porter (2216) all perfectly or almost perfectly match up with MPJD in terms of age and went missing within a few years of the age estimate, but they all went missing a great distance from Mount Pleasant, so I'm not quite as sure about them.

This is assuming that none of these people have already been ruled out--I am unable to find the rule-out list for this UID or any UID case on NamUS since the redesign. Kevin McClam would have been my first pick had it not been for Jake479 pointing out that he has been excluded.

Another one: Farrika Brown (18) went missing from Lancaster, SC and is close to the estimated age range of the victim; however, we went missing in 1995, and it's believed that our Doe was dead no more than five or six years before his remains were found in 2006. I still think Farrika is noteworthy enough to mention here, though: The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Like I said before, I can't figure out where the exclusions lists are anymore. I think that several of the names that I've listed have probably been ruled out already.

Bumping.

Someone on another website pointed out the Antwon Jones connection. The age is slightly wrong, but like I've said before, this person was already wrongly labeled as a female, and the circumstances of Antwon's disappearance are the most likely to coincide with this John Doe case, in my opinion.

Bumping case up. Did any of you end up submitting any possibilities? Can anyone list rule-outs?
Poor guy, so young :(
MP2258
Michael Borges
04/30/2005
Cumberland
NC
MP5600
Harrison Butler Sr
06/12/1988
Sumter
SC
MP289
Antwon Williams
08/24/1998
Charleston
SC
MP6375
Kevin McClam
03/30/1997
Berkeley
SC
MP6239
Lakisha Jones
12/15/1999
Davidson
TN
MP2533
Sherri Truesdale
06/13/1970
Forsyth
NC

@Caring1 Hey could you post the current list of NamUs exclusions for this John Doe? I would greatly appreciate it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back